Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

@helmesy I don't think he is good enough defensively to play centre.

After a couple of the defensive efforts we saw from him late in the year I don’t know if he’s good enough defensively in any place. I hope this can change.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @helmesy

After a couple of the defensive efforts we saw from him late in the year I don’t know if he’s good enough defensively in any place. I hope this can change.

This is what it boils down to unfortunately. At present he isnt good enough defensively for 6 or 4. Doubt he has the strength or motor for back row. In attack I think AD would do a good job of centre but may the career of the winger outside him RIP.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @tiger_alex
Posted by: @tiger5150
Posted by: @declan

@jedi-tiger joffa can’t really play on an edge. Blore is a walk up starter for the other edge spot unless he gets injured or we sign someone else.

Agreed.

4 AD

6Brooks

7 Hastings

8 klemmer

9 Api

10 Stef

11 Papali'i

12 Blore

13 Joffa

14 Twal

15 Leniu

16 Pole

17 Matamua?

Thats something to build a team around IMO.

Agree with that... AD is definitely a centre in my opinion.

Can’t agree. Too slow. He needs to be closer in to break and bend the line with the speed men outside to run off him.

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dastigers)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Hi all,

Lurker the other forum.

If we swap the spot of Musgrove for Klemmer or Leniu I'd be stoked. Freeing spots for upgrades and keep

on top of junior depth... I won't complaining. 

ReplyQuote
Celtic_Tiger
(@celtic_tiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I find it really bizarre how Adam Douehi has gone from a future captain of the club to being not good enough defensively to play in any position on the park. All this on the back of some ordinary performances at the back end of a season when he missed much of the pre season and the previous season with a serious injury and when the team/club had pretty much put the tools away for the year.

Twelve months ago most were talking about AD as a future WT captain but now, according to some, he's not good enough to play NRL at all.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

AD was in Madge's plans for future captaincy of wests tigers, not so sure he is in Sheens plans as a captain. 

Fullback would be the spot for Douhie it was what he was signed as but is probably not quiet quick enough.His running style suits the centre role

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

AD was in Madge's plans for future captaincy of wests tigers, not so sure he is in Sheens plans as a captain. 

Fullback would be the spot for Douhie it was what he was signed as but is probably not quiet quick enough.His running style suits the centre role

I don’t think he is in Sheens plan. Not his type of player.

ReplyQuote
Celtic_Tiger
(@celtic_tiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @mike

I think that says more about Sheens than it does AD.

He showed last season he has potential to be a very good 5/8th and was our best player in several games. He ran out of steam at the end of a season where had had no pre season which is understandable and deserves a run in the team after a full uninterrupted pre season.

If we bin him now it will be a massive mistake.

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @celtic_tiger

Sure does.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

I find it really bizarre how Adam Douehi has gone from a future captain of the club to being not good enough defensively to play in any position on the park. All this on the back of some ordinary performances at the back end of a season when he missed much of the pre season and the previous season with a serious injury and when the team/club had pretty much put the tools away for the year.

Twelve months ago most were talking about AD as a future WT captain but now, according to some, he's not good enough to play NRL at all.

AD is a good rugba league player. IMO a lot of the initial hype about him being a future captain, is because he is a good player and he so obviously loves the club and wears his heart on his sleeve. In a club that gets routinely bashed on and off the field, both of these things are refreshing and like water to a thirsty man in the desert for tired Tigers fans. Even back then though there have always been shortcomings in his game. He has always been slow (ACL injury hasnt helped),  he has never exhibited a passing game and has never defended well. he is also young and I think we all hope that he will settle into his game and change these shortcomings.

It hasnt happened and as time goes on and as changes are made to make this team competitive, these shortcomings can not be overlooked. He still has no passing game to talk about and his defence is getting worse and not better. The idea of hiding a back in defencethat is over 6 foot and probably pushing 100kg is mind boggling to me.

he is a good footballer. There must be a spot in the team for him but Im not sure what it is. at present he is a compromise in any position and I think the least compromise is centre.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @tiger5150
Posted by: @helmesy

This is what it boils down to unfortunately. At present he isnt good enough defensively for 6 or 4. Doubt he has the strength or motor for back row. In attack I think AD would do a good job of centre but may the career of the winger outside him RIP.

AD can defend. He has made some very important tackles but the problem is he can also miss simple tackles. This could be a concentration issue, poor reading of the play or plain laziness. Good coaching should be able to remedy these issues.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@celtic_tiger think AD will make a good contribution to our team but at centre not 6

sheens would have a plan for 6 who knows maybe Dylan Brown

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

He showed last season he has potential to be a very good 5/8th and was our best player in several games. He ran out of steam at the end of a season where had had no pre season which is understandable and deserves a run in the team after a full uninterrupted pre season.

If we bin him now it will be a massive mistake.

I’m a Doueihi fan, but he has to get better in D.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

This is the game I want to see him play regularly, the way he creates space for Daine Laurie in this game is what he needs to be doing every week if he is going to make a go of it as a 6. The issue I have is that this is the only time I have seen him play in this way.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
 TCL
(@tcl)
Wests Tigers Supporter

no doubt his defence needs to improve but he returned from injury, team was under the pump add to it injuries to Hastings, brooks, others and we were on a collective hiding to nothing. 

Give him a preseason before I put a proper boot in. Problem is he is a bit of jack of all trades and master of none. Had spirit but that was tested, imo he flunked that test but I’m going off what I’ve read about his attitude change in social removed link  

let’s see what the off season and the 2023 team list looks like. 

He and the rest of the halves are not our biggest problem. If we can build a pack who can get us forward momentum and a back line with speed and ability to run lines and pass then he and the other playmakers have the ability to do a decent job and gets us into the 8. But can they win a gf, don’t think so. 

ReplyQuote
Page 237 / 948
Share: