Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @helmesy

Dragons eye Tigers prop

The Dragons are keen to sign Tigers prop Zane Musgrove for next season.
Musgrove is on contract at Concord for two more years but the Tigers may let him go to the Big Red V if the two clubs can do a deal.

The Dragons are desperate for more size up front - they lost Daniel Alvaro to French club Toulouse mid-year and Tariq Sims (Melbourne) and Josh McGuire (Warrington) at the end of the season.

To date, they have yet to sign a player for 2023 and there are few big men on the market, hence their interest in Musgrove.

The Mole

Point about Musgrove is interesting.

This story comes out the same day that Lee H was on SEN commenting on player bonuses.

Listen from 8mins of his sport and the law segment yesterday.

https://www.sen.com.au/programs/breakfast-with-vossy-and-brandy/

Basically the inference is that WT will have to move players who have bonuses owed to them. Musgrove played 24 games this year.

I thought he had a lot to offer once he got over injury but his defence this year was woeful.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @mickb

Dragons eye Tigers prop

Musgrove is on contract at Concord for two more years but the Tigers may let him go to the Big Red V if the two clubs can do a deal.

The Dragons are desperate for more size up front - they lost Daniel Alvaro to French club Toulouse mid-year and Tariq Sims (Melbourne) and Josh McGuire (Warrington) at the end of the season.

To date, they have yet to sign a player for 2023 and there are few big men on the market, hence their interest in Musgrove.

The Mole

This story comes out the same day that Lee H was on SEN commenting on player bonuses.

Basically the inference is that WT will have to move players who have bonuses owed to them. Musgrove played 24 games this year.

I thought he had a lot to offer once he got over injury but his defence this year was woeful.

Bonuses? The club should be getting refunds on some of the performances handed in this year!

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@kiwitiger)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Dragons eye Tigers prop

The Mole

Bonuses? The club should be getting refunds on some of the performances handed in this year!

Lol. So we have a get the spoon get paid more bonus? 

Or play x amount of games for the worst team in the comp and get a bonus?

Now i'm not ceo but feel we might be on to a problem.

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Tigerlily
(@tigerlily)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball Moderator

Playmaker Madden Joins Broncos

Talented playmaker Jock Madden has committed to the Brisbane Broncos until the end of 2024.

The 22-year-old who played 14 NRL games in 2022 has signed a two-year contract with the Broncos and will provide excellent depth in the halves heading into to the 2023 season.

Madden, a five-eighth and halfback, captained the 2018 Australian Schoolboys team before linking with the Wests Tigers the following year and making a winning NRL debut in 2021 Magic Round at Suncorp Stadium.

He tasted more success at Suncorp Stadium this year when playing a breakout role as the Tigers upset the home team in Round 20, starting at halfback and scoring a try, creating two line breaks and having a hand in multiple tries with his passing, step and deft kicking game.

Broncos Coach Kev Walters said: “Jock is a great signing for our NRL squad, he is a talented young player who has some NRL experience and knows what it takes to train and play at the top level.

“He’s a good developing half with plenty of skill and vision in his passing, running and kicking games and gives us some really nice depth in the halves, and we saw some of that on display at Suncorp earlier this season.

“We are looking forward to Jock joining us for preseason in November as we build into a big 2023.”

https://www.broncos.com.au/news/2022/09/21/playmaker-madden-joins-broncos/

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

The clock is ticking on Parramatta as the Wests Tigers piece together an ambitious November 1 plan aimed at reuniting Luke Brooks and Mitchell Moses in the halves.

The Tigers continue to aim high under the stewardship of Tim Sheens, Benji Marshall and Robbie Farah. Having contacted Braith Anasta to inquire about Cameron Munster, it can be revealed that the Tigers have spoken about making a move for Moses, who is off contract at the end of next season but free to sign with rival clubs from November 1.

The plan would also likely involve Brooks given the pair are close mates who played lower grades together at the Tigers.

They went their separate ways at the end of 2017 but Tigers officials are eyeing off a reunion as they look to give Marshall the tools to succeed when he takes over at the start of 2025.

Marshall has personally reached out to Moses to make him aware of the club’s interest and contrary to reports, he has the backing of the club as they look to bring the Eels No.7 home after six seasons at Parramatta.

Mitchell Moses and Luke Brooks are childhood friends. Picture: Chris Pavlich

The Eels have a fight on their hands. News Corp understands that aside from the Tigers, at least two other clubs have expressed an interest in signing Moses after November 1.

Moses’ future has been simmering for months and it is set to heat up after Parramatta’s season comes to an end, potentially on grand final day.

If Moses can lead the Eels to the final weekend of the season, his price will skyrocket. He is already expected to enter the million-dollar bracket when he negotiates a new deal from 2024 - his current contract includes a healthy base figure but only enters the seven-figure bracket should he lead the club to a title.

Where will Mitch Moses be playing in 2024?

Parramatta Eels
Wests Tigers
Other - leave your answer in the comments below

He is only two wins away from achieving that goal, although the Eels will have to go through Townsville to make it to the grand final.

Brooks’ future could also hinge on whether the Tigers are successful in convincing Moses to return - the chance to play together may be enough to convince him to spurn interest from Newcastle to commit his future to the Tigers.

Munster is also in the Tigers’ sights after the club vowed to match any offer he received from rival clubs once he formally hits the market on November 1.

The Storm pivot has a three-year extension on the table from Melbourne and is expected to make a decision within days on whether to accept their deal.

Mitchell Moses is free to negotiate with rivals clubs from November 1. Picture: Richard Dobson

Mitchell Moses is free to negotiate with rivals clubs from November 1. Picture: Richard Dobson

Should he decide to explore his options, clubs are queuing for his services. It would also send the Storm back into the market to find a five-eighth - they are believed to have sounded out Dylan Brown and Matt Burton over their interest in moving south.

Burton has an extension on the table from the Bulldogs believed to be worth $3 million over four years but could pick up more on the open market.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Dragons eye Tigers prop

The Mole

As should the members.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @garry

The clock is ticking on Parramatta as the Wests Tigers piece together an ambitious November 1 plan aimed at reuniting Luke Brooks and Mitchell Moses in the halves.

The Tigers continue to aim high under the stewardship of Tim Sheens, Benji Marshall and Robbie Farah. Having contacted Braith Anasta to inquire about Cameron Munster, it can be revealed that the Tigers have spoken about making a move for Moses, who is off contract at the end of next season but free to sign with rival clubs from November 1.

The plan would also likely involve Brooks given the pair are close mates who played lower grades together at the Tigers.

They went their separate ways at the end of 2017 but Tigers officials are eyeing off a reunion as they look to give Marshall the tools to succeed when he takes over at the start of 2025.

Marshall has personally reached out to Moses to make him aware of the club’s interest and contrary to reports, he has the backing of the club as they look to bring the Eels No.7 home after six seasons at Parramatta.

The Eels have a fight on their hands. News Corp understands that aside from the Tigers, at least two other clubs have expressed an interest in signing Moses after November 1.

Moses’ future has been simmering for months and it is set to heat up after Parramatta’s season comes to an end, potentially on grand final day.

If Moses can lead the Eels to the final weekend of the season, his price will skyrocket. He is already expected to enter the million-dollar bracket when he negotiates a new deal from 2024 - his current contract includes a healthy base figure but only enters the seven-figure bracket should he lead the club to a title.

Where will Mitch Moses be playing in 2024?

Parramatta Eels
Wests Tigers
Other - leave your answer in the comments below

He is only two wins away from achieving that goal, although the Eels will have to go through Townsville to make it to the grand final.

Brooks’ future could also hinge on whether the Tigers are successful in convincing Moses to return - the chance to play together may be enough to convince him to spurn interest from Newcastle to commit his future to the Tigers.

Munster is also in the Tigers’ sights after the club vowed to match any offer he received from rival clubs once he formally hits the market on November 1.

The Storm pivot has a three-year extension on the table from Melbourne and is expected to make a decision within days on whether to accept their deal.

Should he decide to explore his options, clubs are queuing for his services. It would also send the Storm back into the market to find a five-eighth - they are believed to have sounded out Dylan Brown and Matt Burton over their interest in moving south.

Burton has an extension on the table from the Bulldogs believed to be worth $3 million over four years but could pick up more on the open market.

Heaven save us…

ReplyQuote
(@robbierat1)
Wests Tigers Supporter

I'm glad Sheens is chasing Moses & Munster. To improve WT has to have the best possible halves they can get. To me what happened with Moses is water under the bridge. The alternative is to stick with what we have (ie Brooks, Hastings, Douehi) and that hasn't worked. Bear in mind Hastings and Douehi can play in other positions.

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @robbierat1

I'm glad Sheens is chasing Moses & Munster. To improve WT has to have the best possible halves they can get. To me what happened with Moses is water under the bridge. The alternative is to stick with what we have (ie Brooks, Hastings, Douehi) and that hasn't worked. Bear in mind Hastings and Douehi can play in other positions.

I'm happy with it as well, though I will still be surprised if we pull it off.

Robbierat1 reacted
ReplyQuote
MOMO-AMP-MEDO
(@momo-amp-medo)
Junior Pathways

I’ll wait for weeks following November1 to make my judgement.

At this stage it’s all speculation and games being played out.

My trust is with Sheens, Benji and co. I know that they all can make errors of judgement but that’s all we are left with.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @momo-amp-medo

My trust is with Sheens, Benji and co. I know that they all can make errors of judgement but that’s all we are left with.

Im fairly similar mate, they have till the end of Nov until I start to worry. If we add 2 signings or similar level to the 2 that we got last Nov then I think we are starting to build momentum.

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @garry
Posted by: @momo-amp-medo

Im fairly similar mate, they have till the end of Nov until I start to worry. If we add 2 signings or similar level to the 2 that we got last Nov then I think we are starting to build momentum.

It’s hard to be too invested - it’s all just paper talk at the moment.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=415&v=CP9SlH916Gc&feature=emb_logo&themeRefresh=1

Joey Johns asked about Brooks at 6 min 55.

Seems very confident that the Knights need him and will get him.

I think the Brooks Moses reunion is being pushed by Isaac Moses. There is no quotes from anyone associated with the club

The last quote on Brooks was from Warren McDonnell who said that the claims of Tigers offering Brooks a new deal are false.

If we can move Brooks on his full salary (by some miracle) it would open the door to us signing 2x $500k established first graders. That would be huge for 2023?

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Moses is a child. Until he grows up and apologises for tanking to get released from the Wests Tigers he can go play where the Sun doesn’t shine.

I would have to seriously question supporting a team that allowed him to come back without apologising for his disgraceful behaviour. 

I want Wests Tigers to win but I also want them to have integrity as well. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @mike

Moses is a child. Until he grows up and apologises for tanking to get released from the Wests Tigers he can go play where the Sun doesn’t shine.

I would have to seriously question supporting a team that allowed him to come back without apologising for his disgraceful behaviour. 

I want Wests Tigers to win but I also want them to have integrity as well. 

He will be having his first child soon, so I am sure he will mature a lot after that as a lot of people tend to. I am happy for him to come back, we have had much worse people play for the club than Moses.

ReplyQuote
Page 218 / 1067
Share: