Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

@campo Brown to 13 and Hastings to 7, I would think.

I expected to hear about Brooks signing a restructured and extended contract in the next couple of months.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Jedi Tiger and Campo reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @campo
Posted by: @tiger5150
Posted by: @avocadoontoast
Posted by: @tigertownsfs

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/news-2022-the-mole-wests-tigers-halfback-jock-madden-to-quit-if-luke-brooks-stays/1b71ec5f-4c8a-4a1e-a2cf-39b290559cc6

madden gone

No loss - he's had a chance to show what he can do, I don't think he has it. In saying that, outside of Hastings our other halves don't have it either.

Taking the dollars out of it, Brooks is marginally better IMO. We have to pay Brooks anyway. No point having two of them

Who covers for Brooks if he gets injured?

We need to go to market. If Sheens doesn't pull his finger out soon we'll have 2 spoons in a row.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Hastings probably goes to 7 if Brooks is injured

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@garry the long service discount is 180k I think too so hopefully Brooks contract gets renegotiated down and discount on top of that.

ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Good luck to Madden, he is a reasonable player and if he thinks he can get more game time elsewhere then so be it. Going to Penrith is a probably a backward step.

ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @helmesy

You’d think the odds of Brooks staying now that Madden is going would have to be shortening.

Why not sort the Brooks situation out during August? If we knew for sure what Brooks was doing then Madden would know where he stood. Equally the fans would know the score as well.

It just seems like we are not getting on the front foot with negotiations. 

Knowing WT Madden will announce he’s leaving and go on to play 200 games elsewhere.

ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @garry

I expected to hear about Brooks signing a restructured and extended contract in the next couple of months.

If this happens I predict Sheens leaves the club before the end of the two year contract after WT earn another spoon next year. 

My personal view is that Brooks has not got what it takes and I’d be happy with us subsidising his 2023 contract to at least the same amount we paid St George to take Mbye. 

Sheens first order of business should’ve been to resolve the halves situation for 2023. He has failed to do so. So frustrating!

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @mickb
Posted by: @helmesy

You’d think the odds of Brooks staying now that Madden is going would have to be shortening.

Why not sort the Brooks situation out during August? If we knew for sure what Brooks was doing then Madden would know where he stood. Equally the fans would know the score as well.

It just seems like we are not getting on the front foot with negotiations. 

Knowing WT Madden will announce he’s leaving and go on to play 200 games elsewhere.

It's either one of three things. 1. Brooks/Doueihi/Hastings are asking too much money. 2. The management are asleep at the wheel. 3. They are cooking something else up.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

I think if Brooks doesn't take a restructured deal for 2023 and extend 24 and 25 then he should be shown the door. 

Think Douhie may want slightly too much and waiting for world cup to test market. 

Hastings we probably get a deal done. 

I guess positives are if no Brooks and douhie from 2024 we can go after Dylan brown and Moses? 

or

Dylan brown and Ben hunt ?

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@mickb one thing Brooks has that Mmbye did not is the long service 8 year plus reduction of 180k from the salary cap

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

I think if Brooks doesn't take a restructured deal for 2023 and extend 24 and 25 then he should be shown the door. 

Think Douhie may want slightly too much and waiting for world cup to test market. 

Hastings we probably get a deal done. 

I guess positives are if no Brooks and douhie from 2024 we can go after Dylan brown and Moses? 

or

Dylan brown and Ben hunt ?

Sounds like Hunt is staying with the red v.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@helmesy shame mate he would have been great

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @mickb
Posted by: @garry

If this happens I predict Sheens leaves the club before the end of the two year contract after WT earn another spoon next year. 

My personal view is that Brooks has not got what it takes and I’d be happy with us subsidising his 2023 contract to at least the same amount we paid St George to take Mbye. 

Sheens first order of business should’ve been to resolve the halves situation for 2023. He has failed to do so. So frustrating!

sheens is responsible for the position we are in, he is the head of football. He sacked the coach without a replacement lined up, let players go with no replacements, and can’t seem to recruit. Hope he picks up his game next year.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @campo
Posted by: @tiger5150
Posted by: @avocadoontoast
Posted by: @tigertownsfs

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/news-2022-the-mole-wests-tigers-halfback-jock-madden-to-quit-if-luke-brooks-stays/1b71ec5f-4c8a-4a1e-a2cf-39b290559cc6

madden gone

No loss - he's had a chance to show what he can do, I don't think he has it. In saying that, outside of Hastings our other halves don't have it either.

Taking the dollars out of it, Brooks is marginally better IMO. We have to pay Brooks anyway. No point having two of them

Who covers for Brooks if he gets injured?

Hastings/Doueihi duo

ReplyQuote
 Wiz
(@wiz)
Junior Pathways

@jedi-tiger I think he only just turned 17. I don’t think you can play until you are 18 nowadays.

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 194 / 1067
Share: