[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Posted by: @garry
Posted by: @avocadoontoast
Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@avocadoontoast hope so Avo. we just have a history of rolling over in the past. 

Honestly he doesn’t have a leg to stand on contractually but still I have serious doubts he’ll be here.

Then you don't let him play, there is no way we can roll over on this.

I agree, it would be unforgivable. But we

don’t have a good track record.

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

@avocadoontoast hope so Avo. we just have a history of rolling over in the past. 

Honestly he doesn’t have a leg to stand on contractually but still I have serious doubts he’ll be here.

Now is the time to change 

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Now is the time to change 

Agree. And if he does come I hope he repays us big time for being such a complete douchebag. Not a real good way to get off on the right foot with a new club.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

I’m not confident he’s coming, but I do know Sheens is pretty stubborn.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
Celtic_Tiger
(@celtic_tiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Pretty disgraceful comments from IP there. Looks like he is trying to provoke the Tigers into tearing up his contract.

Not sure there’s any coming back from this for him.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @celtic_tiger

Pretty disgraceful comments from IP there. Looks like he is trying to provoke the Tigers into tearing up his contract.

Not sure there’s any coming back from this for him.

Yes strategy is clearly to make it untenable for the tigers to want him

ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

Maybe he did actually sign for Madge. And now he has cold feet . To me that would be pretty reasonable . I would , if I were him .
But the eels and his manager are exploiting this no doubt , for thier own gain. 
we just have to remain strong , let the noise remain just that and not play into the games. .

at the end of the day there’s a contract . 

ReplyQuote
jirskyr
(@jirskyr)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @lestronge

Maybe he did actually sign for Madge. And now he has cold feet . To me that would be pretty reasonable . I would , if I were him .
we just have to remain strong , let the noise remain just that and not play into the games. .

Only a foolish player would sign banking on retention of the head coach of a bottom-ranked side.

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @jirskyr

Only a foolish player would sign banking on retention of the head coach of a bottom-ranked side.

Yeah, cop out I reckon.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @jirskyr

A coach that had barely survived being sacked a couple of weeks before he signed.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

@jirskyr lol you do realise we are talking about nrl players right ?

jirskyr and Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)

IP does not know if he will honour his contract .. well that’s a new one he has a contract with no out clauses. If he does not want to come he sits at home for 3 yrs and his career is over . The clubs legals should already be in contact to outline the ramifications for him if he continues to agitate and advise him a change of manager could benefit him in future negotiations.The club needs to inform him that he will be required when appropriate to pre season training if not return to New Zealand for his new life !

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

the comments by IP are poor, part of me goes shove it and let him walk but it is a matter of principal and parramatta do this often. 

Stuff it hold firm tigers he either turns up or sits 3 years out, alternative is he can go to superleague but can't go back to parramatta until he has served his 3 years. 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

the comments by IP are poor, part of me goes shove it and let him walk but it is a matter of principal and parramatta do this often. 

Stuff it hold firm tigers he either turns up or sits 3 years out, alternative is he can go to superleague but can't go back to parramatta until he has served his 3 years. 

Whatever we do here will set a precedent moving forward. If we let him out of the contract, it's game over. All players and agents will look at as as nothing more than a bargaining chip or a back up - somewhere you can sign as insurance in case a better opportunity doesn't pop up. If he has to sit out the three years, so be it. I don't care. He's treated his new club and fanbase like garbage.

Garry and Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@yanni)
Junior Pathways

If he’s unsure about coming to us why would you want him here. We only want and need players 100% fully committed to the team. But I do hope he comes to us

ReplyQuote
Page 173 / 933
Share: