Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@Anonymous 77)

Well I find this disappointing we obviously have no other options so they’ve just thrown money at To’a and re-signed him for another year (2024) lucky us…

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2022/08/05/toa-extends-deal-with-wests-tigers/

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @tigerlily

Well I find this disappointing we obviously have no other options so they’ve just thrown money at To’a and re-signed him for another year (2024) lucky us…

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2022/08/05/toa-extends-deal-with-wests-tigers/

I actually think this is a good move. He’s only a young bloke and developing. Happy to keep him around for another year to see how he improves. 

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @tigerlily

I’m ok with this, it’s only a 1yr extension and he has been good coverage across multiple positions in the backline. He’s not an elite player but he is young and he is improving I think so a worthwhile player for the top 30.

Barra and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @spartan117

He has been part of a shemozzle of a club, I think Brooksy will flourish away from the Tigers.

We need to take the financial hit to the cap (MBYE) and allow him to extend his career.

I genuinely dont get the hysteria surrounding Luke Brooks. It seems like all fans are desperate to get rid of him and this is a representative summary of the fans POV. "Take the hit" to the cap and get rid of him.

I can see that Brooks has not set the world on fire this year although I would say that since he was moved to 6 and generally his last 2 or 3 games he looked good. I would strongly suggest that there is not a marked difference between Brooks and Madden on the field. IMO Brooks still shades Madden on the field.

My point is, if there is not much difference between Brooks and Madden in on field performance (and there is not, no matter what side of the Brooks fence you are on), why the hell would you just throw away $500-$600 of cap space?

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

In fact, Im going to go one step further. The Wests Tigers should let Madden go, and IMO I have a solid reason for this.

The argument for signing Madden and letting Brooks go, revolves around the fact that we have never played finals football with Brooks and that he has played 180 odd games and not "made it". Lets accept that this is true.

The extension of the argument is that there isnt a noticable difference between Brooks and Madden as far as on field performance so lets grab the cheaper and younger option.

NO! No! No! no !

This is a recipe for extended mediocrity. Investing in a young half that isnt noticably any better than the 27yo half we have sets us back YEARS. If we pay $300-$500K for a young half, we are invested for the term of his Contract. We have Brooks now and under contract for next year, its a fact.

If this club is serious about finals football, if not top 4, they need to get a top 4 halfback, not some bloke who "might" or might not be better than the guy we have. We need a Cleary, Hughes, Munster, Reynolds, DCE, Williams, Keary, level halfback, whether its one of these guys or the next big thing.

Madden isnt and will never be. If we are going to go a new way, why use the same old method?

ReplyQuote
Barra
(@barra)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @tiger5150

In fact, Im going to go one step further. The Wests Tigers should let Madden go, and IMO I have a solid reason for this.

The argument for signing Madden and letting Brooks go, revolves around the fact that we have never played finals football with Brooks and that he has played 180 odd games and not "made it". Lets accept that this is true.

The extension of the argument is that there isnt a noticable difference between Brooks and Madden as far as on field performance so lets grab the cheaper and younger option.

NO! No! No! no !

This is a recipe for extended mediocrity. Investing in a young half that isnt noticably any better than the 27yo half we have sets us back YEARS. If we pay $300-$500K for a young half, we are invested for the term of his Contract. We have Brooks now and under contract for next year, its a fact.

If this club is serious about finals football, if not top 4, they need to get a top 4 halfback, not some bloke who "might" or might not be better than the guy we have. We need a Cleary, Hughes, Munster, Reynolds, DCE, Williams, Keary, level halfback, whether its one of these guys or the next big thing.

Madden isnt and will never be. If we are going to go a new way, why use the same old method?

Not sure that I agree with your stance on Madden, he’s young enough to prove plenty wrong. Including me over the last 6 months.

And Brooks is on his last legs with this club. As you mention 27yo and now in his prime but still struggles with kicking game and taking the right option. I’ve seen enough to be happy for him for to go.

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

NO! No! No! no !

The real questions are:  

Do you see Luke Brooks in a Grand Final Wests Tigers side in three years time? For me, no I can’t see it happening and he’ll be 30. 

Do you see Jock Madden in a Grand Final Wests Tigers side in three years time? For me that’s a yes and he’ll be 25 and in his prime. 

Joel Helmes and Barra reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

no I don't see Jock Madden leading us to a grand final in 3 years. I don't really see Madden playing first grade in three years time

I do see Brooks playing a role with douhie and Hastings to win us a grand final 

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

I really can’t see brooks being 7 in a premiership team. He can’t make good decisions when we are down to 12 men.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @mike

NO! No! No! no !

The real questions are:  

Do you see Luke Brooks in a Grand Final Wests Tigers side in three years time? For me, no I can’t see it happening and he’ll be 30. 

Do you see Jock Madden in a Grand Final Wests Tigers side in three years time? For me that’s a yes and he’ll be 25 and in his prime. 

For me its a no to both, and thats my point.

IMO we should not commit to Madden and Brooks has a year to go. We need better than both.

ReplyQuote
 Wiz
(@wiz)
Junior Pathways

I suspect Toa has been extended for only one additional year to keep the seat warm for young Josh Feledy who we’ve signed from Manly. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@wiz Depth signing  need these types over a long season .

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Pretty obvious after today the #1 priority signing should be Hastings

ReplyQuote
(@voice_of_reason)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I'd consider offering James Graham a forward coaching spot somewhere. He has the grit our forwards needs and he seems to get along well with Benji. I've always admired his toughness.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

https://mobile.twitter.com/9NewsSyd/status/1556565158473994240

#EXCLUSIVE: Star recruit Isaiah Papali'i admits he still hasn't decided if he'll honour his contract and join the

next year. For the first time, Papali'i has revealed the moment that made him reconsider switching to the struggling club.

#9News

This post was modified 2 years ago by TigerTownSFS

ReplyQuote
Page 171 / 931
Share: