Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @celtic_tiger

@jedi-tiger I can’t see him going to Penrith to play reserve grade, he showed enough against Brisbane for a club to give him a first grade shot.

I do feel we will regret letting him go.

Not picking on you Celtic, just using your post as a starting point. In all the talk about Newcastle trying to poach Brooks and considerations of how much either party might be willing to pay to make the deal, something is overlooked.

Newcastle and anyone else could sign Jock Madden RIGHT NOW for next year and they havent. Nobody has, so it might be that Sheens etc might not be the only ones who rate Brooks more highly than Madden.

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

My main reason for moving on brooks now and going with madden was the fact I think brooks isn’t a halfback who is worth anywhere near his current contract and brooks’ recent comments that his next contract he would be “looking after himself”. If he wants to stay on for a 600-700k deal then I think sheens will get him back towards his Cleary form

LoganR21 and Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@declan)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball Admin

@tiger5150 this is because Madden wants to stay at the club so he hasn’t signed anywhere yet. The Knights will come knocking now tho. 

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @declan

@tiger5150 this is because Madden wants to stay at the club so he hasn’t signed anywhere yet. The Knights will come knocking now tho. 

I'm surprised there hasn't been the Joey wants to turn local boy into the next big thing stories about Madden then.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Celtic_Tiger
(@celtic_tiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@tiger5150 I think it’s just a case of Brooks having played more games than Madden and the Newcastle fans would not accept them signing a rookie with only a handful of first grade games.

Jedi Tiger and Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

@declan I think Newcastle want an experienced half, hence the desperation for brooks

think ponga will move to 6 for them 

MickeyB and Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

@tiger5150 I think it’s just a case of Brooks having played more games than Madden and the Newcastle fans would not accept them signing a rookie with only a handful of first grade games.

You could be right about that. If I was Brooks or Madden I’d avoid Knights like the plague. IMO they are cooked and AOB is a pretender. I think we are 2years ahead of them in terms of turning things around. 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Brooks is buggered if he does the following 

St George at 7 if hunt to 9

too much pressure

Dolphins start up team no backline

Newcastle too much pressure at Newcastle next Joey johns etc

tigers are the right fit with AD and Hastings to help steer things. None of the above teams have three players like Hastings AD and Brooks. Sheens will make this work

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Knights are a pretty stacked team but other than ponga their spine is garbage. And ponga doesn’t come across as particularly a great team player or leader. Brooks isn’t what they need, they would be better off with literally any of our other halves.

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Newcastle fans love locals, I think they could sell Madden to their fans.

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

@jedi-tiger I disagree, I don’t think there’s much between Brooks and Madden but I guess we’ll never know as Madden will be off now.

The latest victim of the clubs obsession with Brooks.

There’s not alot of difference between them in attack. Defensively the gap between them is huge. 

Jedi Tiger and Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@garry O'Brien wont want to put his coaching career in the hands of a 15 game rookie in Madden though will he?

Michelle Bishop on SEN just now said 'There's talk in Newcastle that AOB sees Brooks as the clubs saviour for next season" and Brandy was nearly laughing in response.

LoganR21 reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @mickb

@garry O'Brien wont want to put his coaching career in the hands of a 15 game rookie in Madden though will he?

Michelle Bishop on SEN just now said 'There's talk in Newcastle that AOB sees Brooks as the clubs saviour for next season" and Brandy was nearly laughing in response.

That is pretty much my point. There seems to be a lot more interest in Brooks than in Madden, despite the fact that Madden is a local.

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @mickb

I think AOB is in a lot of trouble with or without Brooks. He is a pretender and reality is biting hard. It will take Newcastle a few years to climb out of this one. Hopefully we can turn things around quicker.

ReplyQuote
Celtic_Tiger
(@celtic_tiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @tigersteve

@jedi-tiger I disagree, I don’t think there’s much between Brooks and Madden but I guess we’ll never know as Madden will be off now.

The latest victim of the clubs obsession with Brooks.

There’s not alot of difference between them in attack. Defensively the gap between them is huge. 

I'd probably agree that Brooks is a better defender, not sure the gap is huge though Brooks miss on Nanai up in Townsville was very poor, but Madden has a better kicking game and is a better organising seven.

They both balance each other out for me but with Madden being cheaper and much younger with plenty of development in him I believe he is the better option and I think we will regret allowing him to walk away.

Won't matter though as it appears Sheens/Benji have made up their mind.

LoganR21 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 167 / 917
Share: