Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@garry if we can spread some of the 1.1million for 2023 over a few years then it makes the Brooks deal quiet good and takes away any monetary value of Madden for 2023

To be honest, it is probably the smartest way to deal with what is a problem contract.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Brooks $2.2M over the next 3 years works for me.

Knowing Sheens he is probably putting in the groundwork to do the opposite and sell him.

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@jedi-tiger This is the issue with Sheens he did exactly the same types of things the last time he was coach here . Brooks is cooked at this club and needs to move on ,this move will not do anything to improve Brooks or the team moving forward .If he has not produced in 170games he never will , Sheens can kid himself all he likes this is not going to end well the only thing it will cost the club less to punt him in the future the whole thing is a joke .. Move on pal this is your best options!

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Celtic_Tiger
(@celtic_tiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@jedi-tiger yeah mate.

Playing finals footy is overrated anyway.

ReplyQuote
(@snake)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@garry It’s not the money it’s what Brooks brings for the future and to be frank that is not much as every game is the same .. the dynamic needs to change .. stuff the money it’s time to start winning !

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
 Wiz
(@wiz)
Junior Pathways

If Brooks gets extended how are we going to feel the next time he kicks out on the full and gives away a 7 tackle set in the same game?

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @wiz

If Brooks gets extended how are we going to feel the next time he kicks out on the full and gives away a 7 tackle set in the same game?

Mistakes happen. How did you feel last week when Doueihi knocked on twice, threw a forward pass and then kicked on the first? Would you re-sign Doueihi? I would.

lestronge reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@celtic_tiger and if we do play finals in 2023 with Brooks you probably still wouldn't be happy mate. He is a better option than Madden 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@wiz same way when douhie made a mistake against Brisbane these happen at least he is trying to do something

ReplyQuote
Celtic_Tiger
(@celtic_tiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @tiger5150
Posted by: @wiz

Mistakes happen. How did you feel last week when Doueihi knocked on twice, threw a forward pass and then kicked on the first? Would you re-sign Doueihi? I would.

If Doueihi had been making the same mistakes for seven years, he’d be long gone from the club by now.

This clubs obsession with Brooks is downright weird.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Celtic_Tiger
(@celtic_tiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@jedi-tiger I disagree, I don’t think there’s much between Brooks and Madden but I guess we’ll never know as Madden will be off now.

The latest victim of the clubs obsession with Brooks.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@celtic_tiger I think Madden would be mad to go to Penrith he may aswell stay here

I guess Newcastle or Dolphins maybe

I'm happy with Brooks if the salary gets renegotiated down. I'd say madge was not a fan until Sheens got here and stopped him last year 

ReplyQuote
Celtic_Tiger
(@celtic_tiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@jedi-tiger I can’t see him going to Penrith to play reserve grade, he showed enough against Brisbane for a club to give him a first grade shot.

I do feel we will regret letting him go.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @celtic_tiger

@jedi-tiger I disagree, I don’t think there’s much between Brooks and Madden but I guess we’ll never know as Madden will be off now.

The latest victim of the clubs obsession with Brooks.

Celtic, you question the Clubs obsession with Brooks but in the same post admit there isnt much between Brooks & Madden.

IMO this is the whole point. If you take away considerations of salary and if we acknowledge Hastings is best at 13 then IMO Brooks is the best half at the club. I KNOW you really rate Doueihi and so do I. I would agree that AD is probably the best attacking player in the club and probably first picked but he just isnt showing "halfback/5/8" skills for me.

IMO Hastings is probably the best half at the club, then Brooks, not far behind is Madden and IMO then you have Doueihi who is something else again. I think AD can do a really good job at 6 in a running role a la Jack Wighton but he isnt a ball playing half and so we need one of them. If Hastings is at 13, Brooks is the best qualified in the club (not considering $$$).

If you want to factor $$$ in, Brooks is still the best option up until 2024.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@celtic_tiger this week without Hastings will be a good test for Madden 

ReplyQuote
Page 166 / 933
Share: