Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Barra
(@barra)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I'd play him, we still need to be competitive. Jock has done no wrong here.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Fair to say that Hastings is seen as the starting 13 and Douhie the starting 6 under sheens. 

Are we better off trying to turn brooks back to the player he could have been with decent coaching or invest in a cheaper but currently pretty equally capable madden and then reinvest the savings over the next few years to strengthen other positions? 

my guess is brooks would still consider himself elite so he isn’t going to be signing a contract that reduces his value materially IMHO.

faced with the above trade I would probably go with madden 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Fair to say that Hastings is seen as the starting 13 and Douhie the starting 6 under sheens. 

Are we better off trying to turn brooks back to the player he could have been with decent coaching or invest in a cheaper but currently pretty equally capable madden and then reinvest the savings over the next few years to strengthen other positions? 

my guess is brooks would still consider himself elite so he isn’t going to be signing a contract that reduces his value materially IMHO.

I don’t see the attraction with going to Penrith if he wants to play first grade. Far more opportunity here or at the dolphins. 

jirskyr reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

It doesnt matter what Brooks considers himself, the market will tell him pretty quickly. His next contract will be significantly less than his current contract regardless of who offers it.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@tiger5150 Milford had to take a pay cut you never know Brooks will probably have to aswell

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@tiger5150 Milford had to take a pay cut you never know Brooks will probably have to aswell

Brooks will be taking a pay cut.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Tiger5150 and Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Wests need marquee players to go with the development players. If 6 , 9 and 13 are decided the 7 and 1 are the positions for a marquee signing. Jury still out on Laurie but I think he has a high ceiling if he continues his development. Madden at 7 is good enough and leaves room for a superstar signing 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

The Roosters could announce the shock signing of Oliver Gildart as soon as Monday after negotiating a loan deal with the Tigers.
In what would be a win for both clubs, News Corp understands the Tigers have agreed to loan out the English centre for the remainder of the year in a move that will allow them to offer contract upgrades to players they are looking to re-sign beyond the end of the year.

Daily Telegraph 

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

The mole: Sheens' big call

The wily old fox Tim Sheens has pretty much left Brett Kimmorley to his own devices since he took over the reins at the Tigers.

But one move Sheens did suggest was shifting halfback Jackson Hastings to lock - and what a success it has been.

The Tigers have averaged 24 points per game since Hastings became a middle forward and the versatile former Rooster and Sea Eagle was superb in the upset win over Brisbane.

Sadly, nothing is easy when you're a Tigers fan - and Hastings was the victim of a shocking tacklethat resulted in a broken leg late in the win and he is out for the rest of the year.

The big positive for the Tigers was the form of halfback Jock Madden, a late replacement for the enigmatic Luke Brooks.

Don't be surprised if Brooks is granted a release over the summer and Madden is given his chance on a permanent basis in 2023.

This post was modified 2 years ago by TigerTownSFS

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

The mole: Sheens' big call

The wily old fox Tim Sheens has pretty much left Brett Kimmorley to his own devices since he took over the reins at the Tigers.

But one move Sheens did suggest was shifting halfback Jackson Hastings to lock - and what a success it has been.

The Tigers have averaged 24 points per game since Hastings became a middle forward and the versatile former Rooster and Sea Eagle was superb in the upset win over Brisbane.

Sadly, nothing is easy when you're a Tigers fan - and Hastings was the victim of a shocking tacklethat resulted in a broken leg late in the win and he is out for the rest of the year.

The big positive for the Tigers was the form of halfback Jock Madden, a late replacement for the enigmatic Luke Brooks.

Don't be surprised if Brooks is granted a release over the summer and Madden is given his chance on a permanent basis in 2023.

Yep, I think there’s a better chance of Madden being here than Brooks in 2023.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

MickeyB reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Newcastle will be getting really desperate, if we can frontload Brooks 2023 with the nofo and gildart money and replace with Madden this hit on our 2023 cap will be manageable.
What we won't have is depth if we get injuries to Hastings or douhie etc

Think we might be able to play hardball with Newcastle around brooks and make them pay 700k of his 2023 salary and if we can frontload say 200k then the hit on Brooks salary for 2023 is about 200k (plus whatever we sign Madden for say 250k) so all up 500k

Thought dragons could even look at hunt to 9 and Brooks at 7 potentially

MickeyB and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Previously i've never been overly impressed with Madden but I thought he was really good on Saturday night. I hope we retain him.

jirskyr and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

if it was 2024 and Brooks was off contract and you could pick between him and Madden then the cost savings is pretty good we could go buy a quality centre or eve payne hass or something. 

For 2022 if Newcastle can chip in plenty e.g. above 700k then letting Brooks go a year early might be good. 

I would still like to do 2023 with Brooks Hastings and douhie and keep Madden in reserves for 2023 and see how we go and 2024 let Brooks go and let Madden take the 7. Just think that cowboys game was how Brooks douhie Hastings can combine well and worth 2023 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

@jedi-tiger It's a big decision for the club to make and I think part of it will come down to what Brooks wants. If Newcastle (or another club) want him and he wants to go, we shouldn't stand in his way. Personally i'd be pushing forward with AD, Hastings and Madden as I really liked what I saw on Saturday night. I think the three of them complement each other well. We can use the money from Gildart, Luciano and Nofo and front load Brooks now to offset part of what we'd have to pay next year.

Joel Helmes and Barra reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@avocadoontoast agree if Brooks wants to be released then maybe the club should grant it. I just feel a bit uneasy about paying upwards of 600k for him to play elsewhere along with maiden's salary for 2023. 

Come 2024 I see some logic in capa management for Madden as a cheaper option and hopefully we can put it towards a gun Signing at fullback or centre 

Interesting next couple of weeks ahead

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 163 / 1067
Share: