[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Posted by: @loganr21
Posted by: @avocadoontoast
Posted by: @earl

@tigerlily I think the bigger problem is Woods coming back.

I think I might be the only person who wants Woodsy back lol

I wanted him back this year 

So did I. I still think he can add value, and throwing on the Tigers jersey will motivate him. I know he did the dirty on the club but I don’t think he’s a nasty person like Moses. I think he’s a pretty simple guy that listened to the wrong people and made a terrible mistake. He definitely loves the club.

TigerSteve and LoganR21 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@the_pom Any news on Brooks and Hastings signings or Jock Madden pom ?

https://wwos.nine.com.au/videos/nrl/has-brooks-played-last-game-for-the-tigers/cl650hyw2000p0jnp7y89d6ey

Cam Smith's comments are interesting given his connections to Brooks manager, Isaac Moses

If we have to pay out some of Brooks contract (up to as much as $400k) I'd be fine with that. It's just not working and both parties need a fresh start. I'll stand corrected on this by I seem to think:

- LL and Nofa departure means that we can pre-pay some of Brooks 2023 contract as part of our 2022 cap

- Brooks is eligible for long serving player allowance come November 1 so we can pay him close to $200k on Nov 1 without impacting our salary cap for '23.

If he is on $1.1 for 2023 we can pay him $200k from Nofa and LL any time up to 31 Oct and then $188k on November 1 before he joins the Knights on Nov 2

This leaves the Knights to pay him $700k for 2023 and he might take a haircut on that if Newcastle offer an extension?

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@mickb can't see knights paying 700k I think at best they will pay 500k. 

Do think Sheens wants Brooks, if he didn't I think you would see Hastings at 7 instead of Madden who us unsigned for 2023

I think they will front load the Brooks contract plus the long service allowance then it is less on the contract for 2023 for wests tigers

if we lose Brooks and then do not get Papali from parramatta we are in a world of pain for 2023. I think 2024 will see Brooks take a haircut to stay at wests tigers under Sheens and benji 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Rumour has it Dolphins will be getting Dykes as a fullback option.

Also looks like with Marty Tapau to Parramatta this year it seems unconfirmed reports Nathan Brown has rejected our offer and is going to Manly as a replacement for Marty T

Hopefully Schuster to the Tigers is still some chance as a much better prospect than Nathan brown 

ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

So did I. I still think he can add value, and throwing on the Tigers jersey will motivate him. I know he did the dirty on the club but I don’t think he’s a nasty person like Moses. I think he’s a pretty simple guy that listened to the wrong people and made a terrible mistake. He definitely loves the club.

I hope Woods doesn’t came here, not because of the way he left but from a recruitment perspective we should be doing better or developing the younger blokes. Woods for me is the equivalent of Tamou these days.

LoganR21 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)

Rumour has it Dolphins will be getting Dykes as a fullback option.

Also looks like with Marty Tapau to Parramatta this year it seems unconfirmed reports Nathan Brown has rejected our offer and is going to Manly as a replacement for Marty T

Hopefully Schuster to the Tigers is still some chance as a much better prospect than Nathan brown 

Getting Shuster will be huge for us. He has an attacking mindset which we don’t have enough of. Maybe too big to play 6 but will be a great 13.

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@eastiemagpie I think Schuster in the second row

11. Schuster

12. Papali

13. Hastings

ReplyQuote
(@kenny4517)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

11. Schuster

12. Papali

13. Hastings

11. Elissa Katoa 

12. Papali

13.Schuster

Would be one the best backrows if not the potential to be one of most devastating one.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @eastiemagpie

I hope Woods doesn’t came here, not because of the way he left but from a recruitment perspective we should be doing better or developing the younger blokes. Woods for me is the equivalent of Tamou these days.

Woods is Tamou without the respect or leadership.

Eastiemagpie and Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
Barra
(@barra)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

11. Schuster

12. Papali

13. Hastings

Don't forget Blore as well.

ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)

Posted by: @barra

11. Schuster

12. Papali

13. Hastings

Don't forget Blore as well.

Blore looks the goods. Hope he has an injury free season 

Barra reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2022/07/29/nofoaluma-joins-storm-on-loan/

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Posted by: @helmesy

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2022/07/29/nofoaluma-joins-storm-on-loan/

Shortest press release ever.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Wests Tigers are in danger of losing Saturday night's hero Jock Madden to premiers Penrith.

Madden, a late replacement for the injured Luke Brooks, scored a try and had a hand in two others in the Tigers' superb 32-18 win over the Broncos.

A former Australian Schoolboy, Madden has been at the Tigers for three years but has barely had a look-in, with Brooks an automatic selection every week.

The Panthers are looking for a replacement for Sean O'Sullivan, the back-up for star halves Nathan Cleary and Jarome Luai, for 2023.

O'Sullivan, who has proved a handy fill-in for Penrith, is off to the Dolphins for their maiden season.

Several other clubs, including Newcastle, are also in the hunt for Madden, who is unsigned for 2023.

"If Luke Brooks stays at the Tigers, Jock will go - there is no point him staying," a spokesman for Madden's management told Wide World of Sports.

"The Tigers just haven't been giving him a chance - he only got a game last night because Brooks was injured and he won them the match.

"There is a lot of interest in him."

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/news-2022-wests-tigers-to-lose-jock-madden-to-penrith-panthers/b33da1dc-6887-4bd0-87ea-6d00661b3c53

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

if Madden does sign with Penrith for 2023 to replace o'sullivan would you play him for remainder of year or not. why give him nrl experience 

ReplyQuote
Page 162 / 948
Share: