Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

I'm hearing all is not well between Manly and talented utility Josh Schuster.

Schuster has been hailed as the next big thing at Brookvale for several years but you only had to look at his body language - and seven errors - against the Dragons last weekend to see something isn't right.

Schuster was promised the No.6 jersey a couple of years ago… but lost out to Kieran Foran, who Schuster was told would be moved to hooker.

Last weekend, even with regular hooker Lachlan Croker out, Foran kept the five-eighth spot and Schuster remained on the bench.

The big guy has talent but hasn't lived up to the hype and the Sea Eagles believe he is carrying too much weight, adding to the tension.

Don't be surprised if he is wearing another team's colours in 2023.

The Mole

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @helmesy

Schuster has been hailed as the next big thing at Brookvale for several years but you only had to look at his body language - and seven errors - against the Dragons last weekend to see something isn't right.

Schuster was promised the No.6 jersey a couple of years ago… but lost out to Kieran Foran, who Schuster was told would be moved to hooker.

Last weekend, even with regular hooker Lachlan Croker out, Foran kept the five-eighth spot and Schuster remained on the bench.

The big guy has talent but hasn't lived up to the hype and the Sea Eagles believe he is carrying too much weight, adding to the tension.

The Mole

Jake has the 13 jersey also. Not sure of his attitude but he could be a great ball playing lock if Hastings leaves

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

What about Hastings/Thompson swap with bulldogs, noffa to storm replaced with Staines, schuster from manly.

1. Laurie

2. staines

3. naden

4. kepaoa

5. ken

6. douhie

7. brooks

8. Steph 

9. Api

10. Twal 

11. Papi

12. Blore

13 schuster

14. brown

15. thompson

16. musgrove

17. Joffa

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Nofoaluma to Storm for the rest of 2022.

Xavier Coates is their only guaranteed start on wing next year. If it works out and we pay some of his contract he is a good pickup for the storm for the rest of his contract 

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

The Mole

The mole is close to the Tigers, has even been used to assist in signings in the past.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

MickeyB reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @garry

The Mole

The mole is close to the Tigers, has even been used to assist in signings in the past.

Could be anything as a player but would need to get fit. 

ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@tigertownsfs crazy suggestion but I can see it happening.

Hastings is just a pure footballer and we'd be stupid to let him go. He's got all the footy smarts that we wish Luke Brooks had.

Scott Woodward is the Recruitment Analyst who was employed by WT until the start of the year. He was on SEN with Jimmy Smith at the start of the year spruiking his talent ID skills "I told the Tigers Hastings was a brilliant signing and was callling him in the UK last year telling him to come back to the NRL.'

Woodward is now at the Bulldogs working under Gould. It's no surprise that Hastings to the Dogs now has legs.

Whats funny is that Gus said when Madge got sacked that "tigers have misread the room. 6 players will walk if Madge does.' So far Peachey Gildart Nofa have all been moved or tapped on the shoulder.  All of them are Ayoub clients. Let's hope Hastings is not the next one 🙁

ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @garry

Nofa definitely going to Melbourne for the rest of the year, he is currently in reserve grade based on form, this move is intended to get him some experience while allowing him to play first grade. Will free up cap space as Melbourne will pay him for the rest of the year.

What happens if he blows his ACL in his first game for Melbourne? We're on the hook for $500k Nofa contract while he sits on the couch (having been injured playing for another team)

I guess the same could happen with Api or Isaiah

Pretty risky strategy IMO and should not be allowed.

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

The greatest irony would be that he wins a premiership with them.

ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @voice_of_reason
Posted by: @mike

He has zero footy smarts. Fair running half back or 5/8 but Benji is kidding himself if he thinks he is anything else

I agree. He didn't work at 7 with Moses, Marshall, Anasta, AD, Lolahea, Mbye, Reynolds and many others. We're rumoured to be moving on Hastings - the only player who's been remotely able to get Brooks playing reasonably well - and regressing back to the unsuccessful Brooks/AD.

Hastings will have no trouble finding a spot elsewhere and we'll spend years regretting letting him go.

This club has cancer and it's destroying itself from within. Actually it's more like dementia, because none of it makes sense.

Too true.

This is such a sad sorry situation. Hastings offers us a way forward. Brooks must be moved. I defended Brooks for the first 8 years of his time at WT by saying 'we have no forwards, it wont matter who is playing half back.' Over the past 2 years especially, he has regularly made wrong decisions at critical points in a match. He doesn't read the game and he is not a halfback for this reason. He won't suddenly learn game management.

If the club is concerned about Brooks thriving at a new club they should remember that the could have at least $700k to spend on a new player if Brooks is moved (assuming we pay some of his freight)

I don't expect it to happen but I'd be thrilled if the club moved Brooks before Aug 1. We can pay his freight for the rest of the year which would be 1/4 of what might be an $800-$900k cap hit.

FWIW Barry Toohey up in Newcastle says the Knights are still keen on Brooks. He is very tight with Isaac Moses so would probably know. Listen from 47 mins. https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/coaching-legend-rip-taylor-has-more-awards-than-he/id1503489807?i=1000570671784

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@helmesy wouldnt surprise. I wonder if Bellamy can coach him to stop rushing in off his wing in defence?

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @mickb
Posted by: @voice_of_reason
Posted by: @mike

He has zero footy smarts. Fair running half back or 5/8 but Benji is kidding himself if he thinks he is anything else

I agree. He didn't work at 7 with Moses, Marshall, Anasta, AD, Lolahea, Mbye, Reynolds and many others. We're rumoured to be moving on Hastings - the only player who's been remotely able to get Brooks playing reasonably well - and regressing back to the unsuccessful Brooks/AD.

Hastings will have no trouble finding a spot elsewhere and we'll spend years regretting letting him go.

This club has cancer and it's destroying itself from within. Actually it's more like dementia, because none of it makes sense.

Too true.

This is such a sad sorry situation. Hastings offers us a way forward. Brooks must be moved. I defended Brooks for the first 8 years of his time at WT by saying 'we have no forwards, it wont matter who is playing half back.' Over the past 2 years especially, he has regularly made wrong decisions at critical points in a match. He doesn't read the game and he is not a halfback for this reason. He won't suddenly learn game management.

If the club is concerned about Brooks thriving at a new club they should remember that the could have at least $700k to spend on a new player if Brooks is moved (assuming we pay some of his freight)

I don't expect it to happen but I'd be thrilled if the club moved Brooks before Aug 1. We can pay his freight for the rest of the year which would be 1/4 of what might be an $800-$900k cap hit.

FWIW Barry Toohey up in Newcastle says the Knights are still keen on Brooks. He is very tight with Isaac Moses so would probably know. Listen from 47 mins. https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/coaching-legend-rip-taylor-has-more-awards-than-he/id1503489807?i=1000570671784

The Knights need something, I doubt this goes away in coming months.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@mickb Barry though Brooks was over the line last time to Newcastle

Brooks will not be leaving tigers in 2023 I am sure they will run with 

6. Douhie

7. Brooks

13. Hastings 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

remember knights are a direct competitor for 8th spot in 2023 stuff them give them nothing

I would be more concerned about dogs making a play for Hastings in 2024 and us subsequently releasing him in 2023 to dogs

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

it is pleasing to see the Brooks bashing continue even after a fantastic game against the cowboys

ReplyQuote
Page 157 / 1067
Share: