Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

if Brooks plays like that every week it takes pressure off AD to run and chime in when needed. 

I wouldn't mind betting Sheens and benji have been in Brooks ear the past 2 weeks trying to give him confidence. He has 4 years of Madge ball and ranting and yelling to get out of his head.

Think 2023 will work with the three playing together with Api, however I think the dogs / Newcastle and dolphins will put pressure on for Hastings or maybe even Brooks if we are not careful 2024 we might just be left with AD 

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @voice_of_reason
Posted by: @jedi-tiger

tim sheens will get the best out of Brooks, last game was sensational ball play. He responds well to a coach e.g. sheens and cleary. 

I think a 7 Brooks 6 douhie halves pairing could work well 

Brooks was playing well early in the year when the forwards were working. He has been solid all year at 6 but people prefer to concentrate on the minutiae of errors rather than the big picture of good overall. We've had many, many minutes where we've played the equal to Sunday, we've just struggled to put 80 in a row.

Brooks/AD failed last year and will again. We were playing Hastings/Brooks on Sunday, despite the number on AD's jersey. AD played well and the pass to put Laurie away was sublime - but he wasn't playing 6.

And Hastings wasn’t playing lock either. Hasting played half and first receiver for the entire game. The only thing he didn’t do was feed the scrums. Both Brooks and Doueihi played 5/8 on either side of the field. Sometimes Doueihi was a little wider. 

earl reacted
ReplyQuote
(@voice_of_reason)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @declan

I can confirm AD was indeed playing 6

I disagree. He had equal lowest receipts of any 6 last week and most had 15-20 more receipts. This suggest he wasn't playing a traditional 6 role. I believe he also had the lowest number of passes which would support this theory.

I'm not saying he played poorly, just he's not playing a traditional 6 role. Just as Mike points out Hastings isn't playing a traditional 13 role. Hastings handled the ball the same number of times as Brooks - @65% more than AD.

I'm not saying this to be contrary. I'm simply pointing out what (to me) seems fairly obvious. I'm content for them to continue 'as is'.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@jedi-tiger Actually Brooks was last at his best when under Potter and Cleary.

This post was modified 2 years ago by Snake

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)

• @tigertownsfs Brooks at 7 says Benji is that at our club ? maybe next season I doubt he will be when Benji takes over !

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@snake Brooks played well under cleary 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Nofoaluma to Storm for the rest of 2022.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

Posted by: @helmesy

Well they are looking. But how ironic if he went there and they didn’t win another game this season. And miss the 8. Poor old David may never play finals footy. 

Keep steering the right path

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

I’d be pretty surprised to see him finish out his contract. Not really a Sheens type of player imo.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

can storm please keep him

Remember when storm wanted nofo for JAC and good old Madge said "David is going nowhere" 

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 77)

Let’s hope he stays down there.

Come on Melbourne take him off our hands indefinitely.

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Pascoe recently said that Doueihi and Laurie were too important to Wests Tigers to loan them to Melbourne.

That might tell you what the feelings are around Nofoaluma at Concord.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

TigerTownSFS and Avo reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Nofa definitely going to Melbourne for the rest of the year, he is currently in reserve grade based on form, this move is intended to get him some experience while allowing him to play first grade. Will free up cap space as Melbourne will pay him for the rest of the year.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@garry On form ! if Nuffie can’t get one of the wing spots ATM he never will … he is on the outer for sure . The guy has owned that wing spot for yrs .

Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

@garry By freeing up cap space are you anticipating any signings or upgrades from the Tigers? 

ReplyQuote
Page 156 / 933
Share: