Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @snake

@declan We all make mistakes it was not good the way Woods left and I reckon he regrets it as his career spiralled downed the toilet he made the mistake and paid for it IMO.if he wants to repay the club he still has a couple of good yrs in him if he knuckles down .. the losing run needs to be broken if Woods can help with that good .Brown will work out needs a change of scenery, Staines has some much needed pace and is pretty handy not unhappy with this.

Whatever one’s stance is on the way Aaron Woods departed this club and the surrounding moral questions,I think it fair to say that he’s average at best and falls into the category of aged mercenary.He does possess a good offload but beyond that I don’t see him as a good fit for the WTs.What we want in a big middle is someone who wins the collision and stings defensively like Joffa for example.I would be more of a mind to staying with Zane Musgrove.He played well off the bench yesterday and was brilliant against Parra.He definitely has it in him,and is worthy of persisting with.

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I really hate the idea of someone crapping on the team, then going to play their best footy elsewhere (I know Woods didn't) and then being welcomed back with open arms because they "have grown as a person" or "learnt the error of their ways". I understand that he was young and made a mistake but it sets a terrible precedent and makes us look like pushovers again. 
Imagine if someone was going to join the club and had a chat with him:
"If it is so great then why did you leave?"

I could accept Tedesco back and that is purely because he is too good to say no to. Woods or Moses coming back does not present the same excuse. It undermines the bringing back of Sheens/Marshall because then we really are just winding the clock back but now everyone is old and thrashed out.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Not sure if they’ll give Jimmy Tamou one more year, I’ll understand either way but seems to me he’s played well this year, not great but done a job. It’s very obvious he has tremendous respect amongst the playing group so I think he could really work well with Sheens & the younger group coming through. 

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Benji tonight on fox talked about how he thinks brooks is a 7 and needs to be back getting his hands on the ball and managing the game. Pascoe has denied the request from the storm for Laurie and Douhie. Suggests ‘23 spine is 1. Laurie, 6. Douhie, 7. Brooks, 9. Api.

doesnt feel like Hastings has a spot

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Benji tonight on fox talked about how he thinks brooks is a 7 and needs to be back getting his hands on the ball and managing the game. Pascoe has denied the request from the storm for Laurie and Douhie. Suggests ‘23 spine is 1. Laurie, 6. Douhie, 7. Brooks, 9. Api.

Brooks couldn’t manage a chook raffle let alone an NRL team. He has zero footy smarts. Fair running half back or 5/8 but Benji is kidding himself if he thinks he is anything else. 

MickeyB and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Thanks Tiger Town, I'll have a look on fox.

Interesting benji says Brooks is a 7

I remember the year he first went to souths,  Benji said on fox that Brooks was a 6 but a 7

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
(@voice_of_reason)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @mike

He has zero footy smarts. Fair running half back or 5/8 but Benji is kidding himself if he thinks he is anything else

I agree. He didn't work at 7 with Moses, Marshall, Anasta, AD, Lolahea, Mbye, Reynolds and many others. We're rumoured to be moving on Hastings - the only player who's been remotely able to get Brooks playing reasonably well - and regressing back to the unsuccessful Brooks/AD.

Hastings will have no trouble finding a spot elsewhere and we'll spend years regretting letting him go.

This club has cancer and it's destroying itself from within. Actually it's more like dementia, because none of it makes sense.

MickeyB and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Sorry Benji, there is no evidence to suggest that Luke Brooks is a game managing halfback.

He’s a good defender, can through a nice ball and has a somewhat serviceable short kicking game.

The rest of the kit bag just doesn’t equate to what you’re telling us.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

tim sheens will get the best out of Brooks, last game was sensational ball play. He responds well to a coach e.g. sheens and cleary. 

Potter, Taylor, Madge are not that type of skills coach. 

I think a 7 Brooks 6 douhie halves pairing could work well 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Apparently this week Nofo coming in for Ken M on the wing 

ReplyQuote
(@voice_of_reason)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

tim sheens will get the best out of Brooks, last game was sensational ball play. He responds well to a coach e.g. sheens and cleary. 

Brooks was playing well early in the year when the forwards were working. He has been solid all year at 6 but people prefer to concentrate on the minutiae of errors rather than the big picture of good overall. We've had many, many minutes where we've played the equal to Sunday, we've just struggled to put 80 in a row.

Brooks/AD failed last year and will again. We were playing Hastings/Brooks on Sunday, despite the number on AD's jersey. AD played well and the pass to put Laurie away was sublime - but he wasn't playing 6.

TigerSteve reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mac_tiger)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @voice_of_reason

Brooks was playing well early in the year when the forwards were working. He has been solid all year at 6 but people prefer to concentrate on the minutiae of errors rather than the big picture of good overall. We've had many, many minutes where we've played the equal to Sunday, we've just struggled to put 80 in a row.

Brooks/AD failed last year and will again. We were playing Hastings/Brooks on Sunday, despite the number on AD's jersey. AD played well and the pass to put Laurie away was sublime - but he wasn't playing 6.

Brooks did some great things on Sunday - the pass to put Kepoa over was superb. The problem is he is too inconsistent - the pass he threw into Kelma's shoulder that led to the Nannai try. He's our highest paid player by far and its not unreasonable to expect consistent quality level of delivery from him. His decision making isn't great either - i'd argue it was a higher percentage play to kick into the in goal instead of making the pass to Kepoa.    

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Celtic_Tiger
(@celtic_tiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I can only assume that AD has ran over your dog or something.

He is the best player in the team at the moment and playing at 6 gets the ball in his hands more and increases the chances of him creating opportunities in attack like what should have been the match winning play. He has the potential to be one of the best 5/8ths in the game and playing him at centre would be a complete waste of his ability.

Brooks was very good in the first half with two excellent try assists but his "minutiae of errors" gave up two tries in the second half. If he can eliminate those types of mistakes from his game he may yet become a solid reliable 6.

ReplyQuote
(@declan)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball Admin

I can confirm AD was indeed playing 6

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @declan

I can confirm AD was indeed playing 6

IMO AD played more of a 6 role last week than the preceding week when he looked like a centre. He is still an incomplete project, we need to see how much improvement is in him yet. Needs to start passing more. For all the criticism of Brooks, IMO his run/pass ratio is spot on for a 6.

Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 155 / 925
Share: