Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@lestronge)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

There’s nothing to suggest he doesn’t have 1 in brissy . Especially considering the rumoured team is about to play out of his former teams base in Australia . 
maybe the northern beaches house is his forever home . 
wouldn’t be the first from the riff to move to the northern beaches that’s for sure !

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

I hope we end up with Thompson. Hasn’t achieved much at the Bulldogs but they have been a team falling apart. He is an international front row forward, close with Hastings and Gildart and he has the impact game we need more of. Hopefully the bulldogs are kicking in 250k and he will be a great pickup

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Jamayne Hopgood from Penrith will be heading to Parramatta, he was a player we were looking at 

ReplyQuote
(@declan)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball Admin

@jedi-tiger that sucks.

As good as Joffa has been, I think we really need to look at that 13 spot. 

Yanni reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Update on Lodge, apparently he will be lining up for a second grade Norths Brisbane Rugby Union club, and confirmed warriors are paying him fir this year

can't work that one out 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Update on Lodge, apparently he will be lining up for a second grade Norths Brisbane Rugby Union club, and confirmed warriors are paying him fir this year

can't work that one out 

very strange. Wonder why we released Mikaele?

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@declan agree

can only think with lodge as warriors are still paying him for 2022 then he is killing time before going to Dolphins in 2023

Do we look at Thompson now at a subsidised rate from dogs

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Per Daily Telegraph:

JAMES Tamou

THE Tigers captain looks set to leave the NRL at the end of the year with his management firm in negotiations with several overseas based outfits. Tamou’s experience and leadership qualities will almost certainly land him a deal.

I have no issues with Tamou going but I hope we have someone else lined up. If true it means we've lost two middles and two backrowers and only signed one backrower..

ReplyQuote
(@declan)

@avocadoontoast yes signing players at the moment seems to be an issue. It was the exact same problem last year mid-way through the season. 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @declan

@avocadoontoast yes signing players at the moment seems to be an issue. It was the exact same problem last year mid-way through the season. 

but i thought everyone wanted to play for Madge?

Yanni and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@avocadoontoast if tamou is leaving then we need to look at Thompson or Lodge

Joel Helmes and LoganR21 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@declan)

@avocadoontoast I think it’s more that the club isn’t willing to spend more than what they perceive to be market value for a player. I think this approach is good overall but when it gets to the end of the season and we haven’t really replaced anyone then that’s an issue. 

This post was modified 2 years ago 2 times by Declan McCutcheon

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Per Daily Telegraph:

JAMES Tamou

THE Tigers captain looks set to leave the NRL at the end of the year with his management firm in negotiations with several overseas based outfits. Tamou’s experience and leadership qualities will almost certainly land him a deal.

I have no issues with Tamou going but I hope we have someone else lined up. If true it means we've lost two middles and two backrowers and only signed one backrower..

I thought Tamou was managed by his wife?

Everyone wanted him gone last year.

He's been great this year - but maybe he knows he can't repeat an NRL standard next year 

Top 8 2023

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)

Posted by: @frullens
Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Per Daily Telegraph:

JAMES Tamou

I thought Tamou was managed by his wife?

Everyone wanted him gone last year.

He's been great this year - but maybe he knows he can't repeat an NRL standard next year 

I think Jimmy knows his time in the NRL is up. Playing overseas will give him opportunity to travel. We need to find some forwards though.

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

From Zero Tackle…

But speaking to The Daily Telegraph, Laurie said he has no intentions to jump ship away from the joint venture, who finished in the bottom four last year and are sitting there again this year with just three wins from 11 games.

“Hundred per cent, I definitely want to stay,” Laurie told the publication.

“My manager is working on that in the background so we‘ll see how we go. I just want to get out there and play good footy.

“It’s deadly Nado (Brent Naden) that has come over to the Tigers. We started our journey together back at Penrith and we were working well together too and lit it up. Hopefully, we can continue that.”

Laurie said there was "nothing" to the speculation regarding his contract negotiations away from the Tigers.

“There was stuff on social media, there was nothing in it,” Laurie said.

“I spoke to my manager to see what was going on but he just said focus on playing good footy.”

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
Page 114 / 934
Share: