Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

I'm thinking if dogs take Lodge they woukd offer maybe 500k out of Thompson's 800k so we might have to chip in 300k

Thompson is not as good a player as Lodge but at 300k or even 400k he is a good buy better than Hetherington 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Well my mail was off the mark with Pele at Cronulla my friend is a physio there

This mail has come from a friend who does not really know rugby league but knows I follow the Tigers and he knows Lodge's old man as a policeman and straight up said to me oh by the way Matt is apparently according to his dad is going to your team the Tigers. I trust this guy completely he doesn't BS 

I do get a bit gun shy especially how fluid league deals happen e.g. Brent Naden 

taking what I was told out of the equation if I wasn't told that  I think it is more likely Gould goes after Lodge and we get Thompson 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@avocadoontoast 85% confident and if we get Lodge it will just be for 2022

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

I'm thinking if dogs take Lodge they woukd offer maybe 500k out of Thompson's 800k so we might have to chip in 300k

Thompson is not as good a player as Lodge but at 300k or even 400k he is a good buy better than Hetherington 

Agree i'd prefer Thompson over Hetherington too, especially at those numbers

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

@avocadoontoast 85% confident and if we get Lodge it will just be for 2022

I don't understand why we'd be only signing him for 2022. The chances of us making the finals this year are tiny so Lodge for this year would be a bit of a waste. Next year and beyond are where he'd really make a difference.

Why you think only 2022?

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@avocadoontoast I don't know it does seem strange only 2022 

that part might not be accurate I think

Avo reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

I was hopingt would be announced so he could play this week but that must be off the mark 

the club does have until 3.45pm I guess 

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Canterbury forward Jack Hetherington could be on the move with a raft of clubs reportedly signalling interest in acquiring the 25-year-old’s services.

With the Bulldogs set to undergo a cleanout after the departure of coach Trent Barrett, Hetherington is one of many who may move away from Belmore.

While he’s still contracted with the Bulldogs until the end of next season, News Corp has reported that 2023 is a mutual option between player and club, meaning Hetherington can walk away if he’s offered better deals elsewhere.

As a result, The Daily Telegraph’s David Riccio says the Newcastle Knights are willing to offer the enforcer a three-year deal, while he told SEN host Andrew Voss to “watch this space” about another rival club’s interest.

The pair discussed where Hetherington’s future could lie on SEN 1170 Breakfast.

Voss: “The Knights are chasing good news.

“Is it good news if they sign Jack Hetherington from the Bulldogs?”

Riccio: “Not as yet, I expect them to forward a three-year deal for Jack Hetherington the Newcastle Knights, they want to stiffen up their (forward) pack.

“I’m just keeping an eye on the Wests Tigers, we saw they immediately released Thomas Mikaele to the UK Super League.

“That’ll free up some salary cap room, they had been in discussions with Angus Crichton, but I believe that’s going south due to the asking price of Crichton.

“Hetherington at the Tigers might just start to fit into their cap space.

“They might have to come knowing the Knights are prepared to offer three years.

“Watch this space with the Knights and Tigers around Jack Hetherington.”

It’s believed that Hetherington has already met with Newcastle coach Adam O’Brien to discuss next year and beyond.

Hetherington will get his next chance to impress when the Bulldogs host the Dragons next Sunday at Belmore.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/05/23/watch-this-space-two-rival-clubs-in-the-frame-to-sign-bulldogs-enforcer/

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@declan)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball Admin

I would much prefer Hetherington than Lodge. Both players have baggage but Lodges baggage is more off-field and if the Bulldogs are chipping in for Hetherington, I think it makes a lot more sense if the club feel like they can get the ill-discipline out of his game

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Someone has edited Wikipedia saying Lodge plays for the Dragons.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Lodge

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Well my mail was off the mark with Pele at Cronulla my friend is a physio there

This mail has come from a friend who does not really know rugby league but knows I follow the Tigers and he knows Lodge's old man as a policeman and straight up said to me oh by the way Matt is apparently according to his dad is going to your team the Tigers. I trust this guy completely he doesn't BS 

I do get a bit gun shy especially how fluid league deals happen e.g. Brent Naden 

taking what I was told out of the equation if I wasn't told that  I think it is more likely Gould goes after Lodge and we get Thompson 

Kudos to you for being open about your sources. Most who claim some "inside" knowledge deflect their sources to intentionally mask how tenuous their link is.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

I dont claim any knowledge of the situation, but for me the fact that Lodge has that link to Bennett when Bennett saved him from the wilderness and the fact that Lodges father in law i head of recruitment at the Dolphins seems too much of a coincidence.

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @tiger5150

I dont claim any knowledge of the situation, but for me the fact that Lodge has that link to Bennett when Bennett saved him from the wilderness and the fact that Lodges father in law i head of recruitment at the Dolphins seems too much of a coincidence.

I agree, but he has purchased a home in Sydney.

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

I don’t mind Hetherington. He is big and aggressive, qualities that our side needs. Yes, his aggression is overdone at times but if it can be tempered he could be good for us.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @helmesy
Posted by: @tiger5150

I agree, but he has purchased a home in Sydney.

Always a good investment, whether you live in it or not

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 113 / 931
Share: