Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Posted by: @declan

@avocadoontoast I think it’s more that the club isn’t willing to spend more than what they perceive to be market value for a player. I think this approach is good overall but when it gets to the end of the season and we haven’t really replaced anyone then that’s an issue. 

It’s a good strategy but much more effective when you’re a successful team in a position of strength. We aren’t a drawcard and we need players big time.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

@avocadoontoast I think it’s more that the club isn’t willing to spend more than what they perceive to be market value for a player. I think this approach is good overall but when it gets to the end of the season and we haven’t really replaced anyone then that’s an issue. 

It’s a good strategy but much more effective when you’re a successful team in a position of strength. We aren’t a drawcard and we need players big time.

If any player has the option of Roosters or Tigers on the same $, as it stands they will more often than not pick Roosters. We, at this stage, have to be prepared to pay a bit extra to get quality.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Unhappy Tiger, Mac_Tiger, Yanni and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unhappy-tiger)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

360 were saying Lodge basically got paid out full contract...strange when you asked for the release ....

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@yanni)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @helmesy

If any player has the option of Roosters or Tigers on the same $, as it stands they will more often than not pick Roosters. We, at this stage, have to be prepared to pay a bit extra to get quality.

Helmesy  please don’t mention paying overs some supporters and the club don’t believe in it. After all Brooks is not getting market value next season oh wait 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @yanni

Helmesy  please don’t mention paying overs some supporters and the club don’t believe in it. After all Brooks is not getting market value next season oh wait 

Well, some guys get overs 😆

ReplyQuote
(@unhappy-tiger)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @yanni

Well, some guys get overs 😆

You' pay overs for about 10 players in the comp ......the blokes than turn you from a Top 4 side to a premiership side 

Joel Helmes and Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

From ‘Wests Tigers’ Group on Facebook:

STATE OF PLAY WESTS TIGERS

Some major roster movements can be expected at Concord over the next 18 months as football manager Tim Sheens begins getting his hands dirty on his rebuild at the Tigers. The joint venture have some huge names set to become free agents either this year or next and after a decade without playing finals, not many players can consider themselves safe at the Tigers. Doueihi and Hastings will be key targets for the club to retain, but what they do about Brooks will no doubt be a big headline that lingers through the year, given the money the halfback is on. Outside of that, there's a host of regular first-graders in Michael Maguire's side without deals long-term, who will be all but playing for their future this season.

Key position: Edge forwards

With Luciano Leilua, Kelma Tuilaga and Luke Garner all bound for the exit door this year, the Tigers' back-row stocks have been ripped to shreds. Softening the blow will be the arrival of Eels powerhouse Isaiah Papali'i, but the Tigers will need strike on both edges if they're to be a threat in the competition. Leilua, in particular, has been a key player for Maguire since arriving from the Dragons and the impact he provides in attack will be really hard to replace. They've reportedly been in talks with Angus Crichton, who would be a huge pick-up, but if that falls short Knights star Tyson Frizell could be an excellent alternative for the club to target.

Peter A reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

I think wests tigers should absurdly load up on Jackson Hastings upwards of 750k to 850k even 900k 

I would see if Brooks can take a pay cut down to 650k 700k

In relation to Douhie he is not a 6 in this team and I think we can find a better centre or fullback. In this regard I would take his 650k elsewhere (i think Bennett and Dolphins will come hard for him) our heart and soul is now Hastings and Hastings is that competitor and goal kicker.

We then try and sign Madden as the back up if possible. 

We then sign a gun fullback or centre in my eyes Burton is the man, put the Douhie money towards Burton and play him as a centre or fullback. 

Other option is to not sign Brooks and Douhie and use the money for Burton and a quality fullback and use the centres as Nadden and To'a 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@helmesy do think Tyson Frizell would be a great option over Crichton 

Papalli

Frizell

Joffa 

good edge forwards, bench  Blore

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

I think wests tigers should absurdly load up on Jackson Hastings upwards of 750k to 850k even 900k 

In relation to Douhie he is not a 6 in this team and I think we can find a better centre or fullback. In this regard I would take his 650k elsewhere (i think Bennett and Dolphins will come hard for him) our heart and soul is now Hastings and Hastings is that competitor and goal kicker.

We then sign a gun fullback or centre in my eyes Burton is the man, put the Douhie money towards Burton and play him as a centre or fullback. 

Other option is to not sign Brooks and Douhie and use the money for Burton and a quality fullback and use the centres as Nadden and To'a 

$ 650 is too much for any centre not called Crichton or Manu IMO.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @jedi-tiger

I'd be keeping AD

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@declan)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball Admin

@jedi-tiger I think AD was our best player last year at 6. Imagine how good he’ll be playing with Hastings at 7. 

Yanni and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Celtic_Tiger
(@celtic_tiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Michael Chammas in the SNH is reporting that Payne Hass has asked for an immediate release from the Broncos.

Dare we dream?

Jedi Tiger, Joel Helmes, Mike and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @celtic_tiger

Michael Chammas in the SNH is reporting that Payne Hass has asked for an immediate release from the Broncos.

Dare we dream?

Im not putting myself through it again......

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

@jedi-tiger I think AD was our best player last year at 6. Imagine how good he’ll be playing with Hastings at 7. 

Do you think he played better at 6 than Brooks has been this year?

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 115 / 942
Share: