Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Also worried we look like an u/8's team team when Hastings is off

The more Hastings plays the less that is likely. They will get used to doing it his way and it will just become the norm. So when Hastings is off it will be business as usual. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@super-coach)
Junior Pathways

Priority for me a backrower or a fullback. Yes we need another prop, but not as much fullback or backrower. Of course they might even upgrade Nu Brown to a top 30 contract 

Joel Helmes and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

a front row of Lodge and Tamou with bench of Stef and Twal would be awesome 

I havent seen enough of Lodge this year but I can't say I support the signing.

It's important for the club to preserve the 'no dickhead' image. We have signed too many ratbags over the years and this is one of the primary reasons why we have not played finals. Good culture has to be a priority looking forward.

There are clubs like Canterbury and Roosters who seem to be in cap trouble. I think we should sniff around there for a subsidised cast off.

Noting that this season is more than likely a write off we dont really need to spend the full cap do we? Cant we front load to set us up for next year?

Frullens reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Could it be that lodge is returning to Gould at the dogs and offloading Thompson to us ? 
I’ve seen Gus talk glowingly about lodge previously ? 
apologies if this has been said before 

Joel Helmes and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @lestronge

Could it be that lodge is returning to Gould at the dogs and offloading Thompson to us ? 

Interesting thought

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @mike
Posted by: @lestronge

Interesting thought

Maybe that’s why Thomson was almost unseen against us on Friday night 😆

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Wests Tigers group on Facebook reckon Hetherington is a chance to replace Mikaele in the squad.

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @helmesy

Wests Tigers group on Facebook reckon Hetherington is a chance to replace Mikaele in the squad.

That is the rumour I heard last night as well.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @garry

Hmmm not excited about that prospect. Loose unit, Hasnt really kicked on. Cant believe Im saying it but would prefer Lodge.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @tiger5150
Posted by: @garry

Hmmm not excited about that prospect. Loose unit, Hasnt really kicked on. Cant believe Im saying it but would prefer Lodge.

Me either.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

@tiger5150 the only thing I do like is that he’s versatile and get play edge at a pinch . 
If we did get Lodge or even Thompson , you would assume the bench would some makeup of 3 props and a utility . 
whilst that would be fine basically any year not named 2022 , this year has been such a kick to the guts for injuries , that’s really playing with fire IMO. 
I mean Based on current form , none of our current middles is anything like being dropped . 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Hetherington has already met with Adam OBrien at the k ight and a 3 year deal has been tabled. Think Hetherington goes to Newcastle

i think Lodge will either be with us (which I am confident) or he goes to Bulldogs and we get Thompson 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unhappy-tiger)

I dunno ...Lodge and Hetherington could be long lost brothers ...both have short fuses 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Hetherington has already met with Adam OBrien at the k ight and a 3 year deal has been tabled. Think Hetherington goes to Newcastle

i think Lodge will either be with us (which I am confident) or he goes to Bulldogs and we get Thompson 

The only issue with Thompson is that huge contract he's on? Wasn't it like $800,000? Not sure how that plays out if he changes clubs.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

I'm not very keen on Hetherington. I don't really rate him and I think he's a bit of a liability. Hope he goes to the Knights. 

Really hope we get Lodge. How confident are you in your mail?

ReplyQuote
Page 112 / 928
Share: