Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @helmesy

Anyone have access??

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/sport-confidential-shane-richardsons-cryptic-crocodile-roll-warning-to-john-bateman/news-story/655ca27f1e3464fa8760120d3ea1439f?amp

Sport Confidential: Shane Richardson’s cryptic “crocodile roll” warning to John Bateman

Wests Tigers CEO Shane Richardson has called out John Bateman questioning the Englishman’s willingness to join the club in the “crocodile roll” that lies ahead.

John Bateman has been told that he will need to toe the line at the Wests Tigers next year or face the consequences amid fresh speculation over his future.

Bateman is currently in England preparing for a Test series against Samoa, having finished the season on a loan deal with Super League side Warrington.

He is due to return to the Tigers for the start of next season but there has been talk he could be on the move given his relationship with coach Benji Marshall.

Tigers chief executive Shane Richardson said Bateman’s future is in his own hands and there would be an expectation that he – along his teammates – fall into line.

Wests Tigers CEO Shane Richardson (main) has read the riot act to John Bateman (inset).

“We don’t want any player who doesn’t want to be at the club for the crocodile roll that lies ahead and that applies to every player including John Bateman,” Richardson said.

“If he’s not comfortable with the club and the direction Benji is taking us, that is a decision for him.”

Bateman has two years left on a contract that is believed to pay him excess of $650,000 a season. That won’t stop the Tigers and Marshall from sending him back to NSW Cup if they feel he isn’t buying into the club’s ethos.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
Barra
(@barra)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @tigersteve

Posted by: @tiger5150

Chammas & Weidler reporting Dargons are looking snatching Doueihi from us. Unfortunately given its Weidler its unlikely to be true.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/dragons-give-skipper-hunt-permission-to-test-market-immediately-20241016-p5kips.html

could be something to this I think

In readiness for quotes from AD that are thinly veiled swipes at the club...

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@davey-farrell)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

in other words, get lost John 

Joel Helmes and hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @davey-farrell

Yep, there’s no way he can come back now. 

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @helmesy

Posted by: @davey-farrell

Yep, there’s no way he can come back now. 

I think we are going to have Russel Packer MKII

Joel Helmes and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @garry

I think we are going to have Russel Packer MKII

It’s certainly shaping up that way. 

This post was modified 9 hours ago by Mike

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @mike

Posted by: @mercy-rule

Speaking of writing checks, I just checked your writing and I think you meant cheques.

Depends if you are Americanised or not. Checks-American, Cheques-British/Australian

Correct! I was raised by a parent that grew up in America so sometimes this creeps in 😂

This post was modified 5 hours ago by Joel Helmes

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@helmesy Speaking of writing checks, I just checked your writing and I think you meant cheques. OK. Let the smart a*se comments begin lol. But, it's a great saying and I agree with your assessment of Bateman. I find him to be a weird character, not unlike Adam Doueihi, but for different reasons I suspect.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Speaking of writing checks, I just checked your writing and I think you meant cheques.

Depends if you are Americanised or not. Checks-American, Cheques-British/Australian

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@helmesy Speaking of writing checks, I just checked your writing and I think you meant cheques. OK. Let the smart a*se comments begin lol. But, it's a great saying and I agree with your assessment of Bateman. I find him to be a weird character, not unlike Adam Doueihi, but for different reasons I suspect.

from the outside I always seemed like Bateman saw himself as special/above the team ie arriving late to begin his first pre season, returning to the UK during bye weekend. Given that it makes sense he blew up when he thought Benji was elevating the younger kids and not affording special treatment to the senior players. Obviously this is a toxic person to have in our environment and untenable for him to come back into the squad. He’s clearly angling for a pay out. Best case scenario we pay a large amount for him to return to the super league so it stays off our cap.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

from the outside I always seemed like Bateman saw himself as special/above the team ie arriving late to begin his first pre season, returning to the UK during bye weekend. Given that it makes sense he blew up when he thought Benji was elevating the younger kids and not affording special treatment to the senior players. Obviously this is a toxic person to have in our environment and untenable for him to come back into the squad. He’s clearly angling for a pay out. Best case scenario we pay a large amount for him to return to the super league so it stays off our cap.

I hate to say it but it seems like a mental attitude thing with Bateman. I thought his early form was very good and he was very hard working, particularly in defence but over time his effort seemed to slip as did his discipline and IMO he started to look for "big plays" and the easy way to get up field (crabbing across).

This seems to mirror his time at Canberra as well. Maybe its time away from home etc? Its disappointing because on his early form I was excited and if he could return to that form and maintain it, he would be an asset in a position we are shallow in.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigerton)
Junior Pathways

I’d say we still have 2 or3 changes to the team yet that Richo and Benji are working on.

Still plenty of time over the off season for those extra changes to happen to get new blokes in who are ready for the crocodile roll! 🐊 🐅🤞

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @tigerton

I’d say we still have 2 or3 changes to the team yet that Richo and Benji are working on.

Still plenty of time over the off season for those extra changes to happen to get new blokes in who are ready for the crocodile roll! 🐊 🐅🤞

The concern for me is the fact we need to move players on, I was hoping that would have started to occur.

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @garry

Posted by: @tigerton

The concern for me is the fact we need to move players on, I was hoping that would have started to occur.

Maybe there’s that infamous mystery prop heading our way?? 😂

TigerTon reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1083 / 1083
Share: