Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @helmesy

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Posted by: @tiger5150

we have 10 players in our top 30 that would not make a top 30 at virtually any other club: TDS, Faagatu, kit, Luke L, saukuru, sukkar, tumeth, miller in our top 30. TDS, maybe Luke should be top 30

Out of that lot, Id have TDS, LL and Millar locked up (whether that needs to be top 30?). Chris Faagatu was regarded as a junior superstar, Im stillhoping he can make it. The rest expendable.

miller is barely NSW cup quality let alone top 30. 

But, could be something imo.

Sure. Sounds like a development contract would be appropriate 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

we have 10 players in our top 30 that would not make a top 30 at virtually any other club: TDS, Faagatu, kit, Luke L, saukuru, sukkar, tumeth, miller in our top 30. TDS, maybe Luke should be top 30

Out of that lot, Id have TDS, LL and Millar locked up (whether that needs to be top 30?). Chris Faagatu was regarded as a junior superstar, Im stillhoping he can make it. The rest expendable.

miller is barely NSW cup quality let alone top 30. 

potential. Tough position for a kid

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Kids shouldn’t be in your top 30, except perhaps the most elite spine players. Props are a commodity. Unless the kid is Payne haas you leave him in SG ball!

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Kids shouldn’t be in your top 30, except perhaps the most elite spine players. Props are a commodity. Unless the kid is Payne haas you leave him in SG ball!

I agree with you, but I can also see the situation the club has been in. Perpetually last, difficult to attract quality recruits to the club and with the all conquering Harold Matts kids coming through, the obvious tactic as expressed by Sheens with his "development club" rhetoric is to hold these kids and build up from the bottom and to an extent it might work with Galvin,TDS, Luke L maybe Mason. If we got rid of  three or four of them like Tumeth, Sukkar, and Feledy it would be more palatable.

The other thing is that we just won our third spoon on the trot. ANY quality player coming to us is going to cost overs which means we need a solid base of minimum wage players in the 30 to balance. Some of these kids might fit that bill.

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

I agree with you, but I can also see the situation the club has been in. Perpetually last, difficult to attract quality recruits to the club and with the all conquering Harold Matts kids coming through, the obvious tactic as expressed by Sheens with his "development club" rhetoric is to hold these kids and build up from the bottom and to an extent it might work with Galvin,TDS, Luke L maybe Mason. If we got rid of  three or four of them like Tumeth, Sukkar, and Feledy it would be more palatable.

The other thing is that we just won our third spoon on the trot. ANY quality player coming to us is going to cost overs which means we need a solid base of minimum wage players in the 30 to balance. Some of these kids might fit that bill.

I agree with you that the young kids are a good way to balance your cap. We just have 2 or 3 too many of them and miller is one that just looks a long way off. Miller strikes me as a hunt type player (hunt seriously looks like an older version of miller) but hunt spent years rotating clubs playing in reserve grade.  May not even reach peak until 25+ and he is in our top 30. Maybe I’m wrong and he will rip in and shed 15kg this off season. I hope so, but he hasn’t earnt a top 30 contract.

This post was modified 19 mins ago by TigerTownSFS

ReplyQuote
Page 1072 / 1072
Share: