Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@Anonymous 77)

Well this is a signing that came out of nowhere.

I’m also happy with Naden signing on with us since I was happy we tried to sign him last yr  and we probably get him now at a better asking price then say what he wanted last yr.

Will reserve my judgment of his playing abilities until his had a few games in the WTs system, I will add I like his aggressive style of play when his in form.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @frullens
Posted by: @wollongongtiger

People whinge we have no speed in the outside back. 
People whinge we have no X factor in the centres. 
People whinge we have no depth in the centres. 

The club signs an established nrl centre who can also play wing who has won a premiership on 200k a year and people still whinge. 

He’s a better centre than Gildart, peachey, Pauga, garner or Roberts. 

the club has made an astute signing here in a Position we lack. Just be happy !! 

Well said @wollongongtiger

This is probably the most civil and positive WT site around and still the negativity here gets me down.

Just be happy

- some would call that accepting mediocrity 

- some would call perspective 

- others would call it a very reasonable response to a game where 13 guys throw a ball to each other 

it's amazing how much more enjoyable the footy can be when you look for the positives and not focus solely on the negatives.

But each to their own

Fire up Frullo,love where you’re coming from,whilst still maintaining composure and civility.

ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Posted by: @tiger-symmetry

The club signs an established nrl centre who can also play wing who has won a premiership on 200k a year and people still whinge. 

the club has made an astute signing here in a Position we lack. Just be happy !! 

This is probably the most civil and positive WT site around and still the negativity here gets me down.

Just be happy

- others would call it a very reasonable response to a game where 13 guys throw a ball to each other 

it's amazing how much more enjoyable the footy can be when you look for the positives and not focus solely on the negatives.

But each to their own

Fire up Frullo,love where you’re coming from,whilst still maintaining composure and civility.

Ha! Thanks @Tiger-symmetry 

Must be the full moon out 

😁

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Just be happy

But each to their own

We all want WT to be a successful club, we just have differing views on how to get there. That’s the beauty of the forum where everyone can have their say. This forum has never been abusive, unlike others.

don’t let my or other peoples negativity get you down. At the end of the day it’s just a game.

Unhappy Tiger, TigerSteve, Joel Helmes and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Just be happy

But each to their own

We all want WT to be a successful club, we just have differing views on how to get there. That’s the beauty of the forum where everyone can have their say. This forum has never been abusive, unlike others.

don’t let my or other peoples negativity get you down. At the end of the day it’s just a game.

Great post Avo, I know you are finding it tough supporting the club at the moment but you are a really important part of this community and even though we aren't really on the same page at present I can still see where you are coming from and really value your insight and contribution.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

TigerSteve, Joel Helmes, Frullens and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

our next coup: news on 360 was Laundy was very upset with what Gus has done. If this guy is really a Tigers fan we should bring him over the back the Tigers now we are on the way up

BILLIONAIRE BULLDOGS SPONSOR SUPPORTS RIVAL CLUB

Canterbury Bulldogs major sponsor, hotel billionaire Arthur Laundy, has been spotted having a coffee and meeting with the Wests Tigers’ new director of football Tim Sheens.

This would normally be of some concern to the Bulldogs with their biggest financial supporter being seen with such a significant figure from a rival club.

It turns out Laundy has been a long-time Wests Tigers supporter.

He has also struck up a recent friendship with Sheens.

“I was ringing Tim regularly while he was in England,” Laundy explained. “I was trying to help my good mate Aaron Woods get a start at the Wests Tigers.

“Woodsie went to the Dragons instead but we had some great chats on the phone and agreed we’d catch up when Tim got home. He’s a very impressive fella.”

Still, Laundy is a thousand percent committed to the Doggies.

He also recently caught up with general manager of football Phil Gould and has offered to assist in any way he can throughout the year.

Bulldogs sponsor Arthur Laundy is actually a Tigers fan. Picture: David Swift

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @tigertownsfs

our next coup: news on 360 was Laundy was very upset with what Gus has done. If this guy is really a Tigers fan we should bring him over the back the Tigers now we are on the way up

BILLIONAIRE BULLDOGS SPONSOR SUPPORTS RIVAL CLUB

Canterbury Bulldogs major sponsor, hotel billionaire Arthur Laundy, has been spotted having a coffee and meeting with the Wests Tigers’ new director of football Tim Sheens.

This would normally be of some concern to the Bulldogs with their biggest financial supporter being seen with such a significant figure from a rival club.

It turns out Laundy has been a long-time Wests Tigers supporter.

He has also struck up a recent friendship with Sheens.

“I was ringing Tim regularly while he was in England,” Laundy explained. “I was trying to help my good mate Aaron Woods get a start at the Wests Tigers.

“Woodsie went to the Dragons instead but we had some great chats on the phone and agreed we’d catch up when Tim got home. He’s a very impressive fella.”

Still, Laundy is a thousand percent committed to the Doggies.

He also recently caught up with general manager of football Phil Gould and has offered to assist in any way he can throughout the year.

Imagine having another sponsor on our board.

Frullens reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Just be happy

But each to their own

Great post Avo.

Get me down - was the wrong wording. 

I always enjoy the banter here and also enjoy listening to differing views- particularly when it's all done in good nature.

And look forward to hearing you say you were wrong when we make top 4 next year 😉

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
(@unhappy-tiger)

I have always thought he was a lowlife ....has that typical Penrith Panther player you want to belt mentality 

Throw in what happened with the drugs before the GF and the pisspoor penalty he got for what he did 

And he really isn't that good .....he won't make heaps of dirty yards ....just don't rate the bloke 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

You hear it every signing. Can’t catch, can’t tackle, too injury prone. Some of those called out by the fans this way have gone on to be very good players at other clubs. Some even make it to SOO. Some have even played for Australia. 

What I want to see most is a good attitude and willing to put in the effort. The rest will come. 

This is a pretty good pickup for a position we desperately need strengthening and Naden does that. 

Well done Wests Tigers. 

ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

Very astute signing. Seemingly opportunistic; position we need strengthening; has pace; experienced player; value signing (from what has been said).

Well done Madge, Sheens, Pascoe!!

So much better to talk about than journalist coaching rumours lol

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unhappy-tiger)

Gonna be honest ...and this will put a few noses out of joint .....but how some on here have got so excited by Naden's signing when we have Nofa / Talau injured and  AJ and now Tupou's potential 

Especially just dropping Nofa .....the bloke is 3 times the winger over Naden ...is pretty disgusting actually

We have paid 150 k for a bloke that is basically a reserve grader for 1/2  a season .....that has bailed from 2 clubs the minute things got into the too hard basket and then are paying 250 k next year 

Matterson ....does that name ring a bell .....and at least he didn't have a drugs past 

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @unhappy-tiger

Gonna be honest ...and this will put a few noses out of joint .....but how some on here have got so excited by Naden's signing when we have Nofa / Talau injured and  AJ and now Tupou's potential 

Especially just dropping Nofa .....the bloke is 3 times the winger over Naden ...is pretty disgusting actually

We have paid 150 k for a bloke that is basically a reserve grader for 1/2  a season .....that has bailed from 2 clubs the minute things got into the too hard basket and then are paying 250 k next year 

Matterson ....does that name ring a bell .....and at least he didn't have a drugs past 

Nofa hasn't been dropped. I actually think there may be an issue around his concussion, which may be the reason for the Naden signing.

ReplyQuote
(@unhappy-tiger)

Posted by: @garry

Nofa hasn't been dropped. I actually think there may be an issue around his concussion, which may be the reason for the Naden signing.

I mean being dropped by Forum members ..not the club 

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @garry

I mean being dropped by Forum members ..not the club 

Ok. I hadn't seen anyone dropping him, I thought last year was a really down year for Nofa but think he has had a really good season this year.

ReplyQuote
Page 106 / 1060
Share: