Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@unhappy-tiger)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @garry
Posted by: @unhappy-tiger

Gonna be honest ...and this will put a few noses out of joint .....but how some on here have got so excited by Naden's signing when we have Nofa / Talau injured and  AJ and now Tupou's potential 

Especially just dropping Nofa .....the bloke is 3 times the winger over Naden ...is pretty disgusting actually

We have paid 150 k for a bloke that is basically a reserve grader for 1/2  a season .....that has bailed from 2 clubs the minute things got into the too hard basket and then are paying 250 k next year 

Matterson ....does that name ring a bell .....and at least he didn't have a drugs past 

Nofa hasn't been dropped. I actually think there may be an issue around his concussion, which may be the reason for the Naden signing.

I mean being dropped by Forum members ..not the club 

Ok. I hadn't seen anyone dropping him, I thought last year was a really down year for Nofa but think he has had a really good season this year.

Well no one has been asking what has happened to him when he hasn't been selected and then many went bonkers when we signed Naden .....how quick some forget 

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Gonna be honest ...and this will put a few noses out of joint .....but how some on here have got so excited by Naden's signing when we have Nofa / Talau injured and  AJ and now Tupou's potential 

Especially just dropping Nofa .....the bloke is 3 times the winger over Naden ...is pretty disgusting actually

We have paid 150 k for a bloke that is basically a reserve grader for 1/2  a season .....that has bailed from 2 clubs the minute things got into the too hard basket and then are paying 250 k next year 

Matterson ....does that name ring a bell .....and at least he didn't have a drugs past 

Nofa hasn't been dropped. I actually think there may be an issue around his concussion, which may be the reason for the Naden signing.

Ok. I hadn't seen anyone dropping him, I thought last year was a really down year for Nofa but think he has had a really good season this year.

Well no one has been asking what has happened to him when he hasn't been selected and then many went bonkers when we signed Naden .....how quick some forget 

It has been discussed in multiple threads, I for one am actually really concerned. It doesn't even have anything to do with how I see him as a player, this is a serious issue for his long term health.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@unhappy-tiger)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

It has been discussed in multiple threads, I for one am actually really concerned. It doesn't even have anything to do with how I see him as a player, this is a serious issue for his long term health.

Mate ...sorry but the whole "NEXT" thought process when we sign someone gets really annoying ...especially when you compare them as players and then as clubmates .....if people have access to Fox watch 360 and listen to the comments in regards to Naden and his teammates at the Dogs .....

I'd have preferred we kept working on Tupou ...some seem to forget in the modern game the main role of your back 5 ....heaps of dirty yards out of your own half ...finishing ...strength under the high ball .....keeping your head as a defender 

OK Naden has some pace .....but his biggest weakness is making dirty yards .....

Of our current wingers .....Maumalo ...Nofa ....AJ .....Tupou.....Starford.....Naden....Roberts .....rank them ...and then tell me 150 k for 1/2 a season is reasonable or 250 k for next season is reasonable ...especially when it comes to value for money 

Back to my original point ......thanks for forgetting Nofa the minute another name ends up at the club ...... 

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Mate ...sorry but the whole "NEXT" thought process when we sign someone gets really annoying ...especially when you compare them as players and then as clubmates .....if people have access to Fox watch 360 and listen to the comments in regards to Naden and his teammates at the Dogs .....

I'd have preferred we kept working on Tupou ...some seem to forget in the modern game the main role of your back 5 ....heaps of dirty yards out of your own half ...finishing ...strength under the high ball .....keeping your head as a defender 

OK Naden has some pace .....but his biggest weakness is making dirty yards .....

Of our current wingers .....Maumalo ...Nofa ....AJ .....Tupou.....Starford.....Naden....Roberts .....rank them ...and then tell me 150 k for 1/2 a season is reasonable or 250 k for next season is reasonable ...especially when it comes to value for money 

Back to my original point ......thanks for forgetting Nofa the minute another name ends up at the club ...... 

I would never pick Naden before Nofa. In your order Maumalo is playing this weekend, Nofa is out injured, AJ is playing in the Centres, Tupou is playing, Starford is playing fullback, Naden is on an extended bench and Roberts is out injured so the club has followed your ranking exactly.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

you would pick nofo ahead of naden but it's the 4 year deal that is the killer for us

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

The Tigers have all but lost giant prop Thomas Mikaele to English club Warrington for next season.Wolves officials were at Magic Round last weekend and held talks with Mikaele's management.The 24-year-old is off contract at season's end and the Tigers are keen to keep him.and his best football is clearly still ahead of him. Mikaele made his NRL debut for the club in 2019. But the Tigers will find it hard to match the three-year deal that Warrington has put to the Kiwi-born forward.Warrington has been desperate to bolster its small pack for next season and has already signed one of the biggest men in the game - massive former Bulldogs prop Sam Kasiano from Catalan.

https://tamilchristiansonglyr.blogspot.com/

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@helmesy Damn

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @mike

@helmesy Damn

He was tipped to be the next big thing coming through but hasn’t really been able to make a consistent impact for us. A couple of years over there might do him good.

Kenny4517 and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @wollongongtiger

People whinge we have no speed in the outside back. 
People whinge we have no X factor in the centres. 
People whinge we have no depth in the centres. 

The club signs an established nrl centre who can also play wing who has won a premiership on 200k a year and people still whinge. 

He’s a better centre than Gildart, peachey, Pauga, garner or Roberts. 

the club has made an astute signing here in a Position we lack. Just be happy !! 

I have always thought he was a lowlife ....has that typical Penrith Panther player you want to belt mentality 

Throw in what happened with the drugs before the GF and the pisspoor penalty he got for what he did 

And he really isn't that good .....he won't make heaps of dirty yards ....just don't rate the bloke 

YOu know what, I agree with all of the above, and the other negative ppoints made about Naden....but

When we have played against a team he is in, he is always one of those blokes I see on the opposition team lists and Im worried about them. Tariq Sims another.

At the reported price, not a bad signing. I hope he impresses us all.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @tiger5150
Posted by: @wollongongtiger

People whinge we have no speed in the outside back. 
People whinge we have no X factor in the centres. 
People whinge we have no depth in the centres. 

The club signs an established nrl centre who can also play wing who has won a premiership on 200k a year and people still whinge. 

He’s a better centre than Gildart, peachey, Pauga, garner or Roberts. 

the club has made an astute signing here in a Position we lack. Just be happy !! 

I have always thought he was a lowlife ....has that typical Penrith Panther player you want to belt mentality 

Throw in what happened with the drugs before the GF and the pisspoor penalty he got for what he did 

And he really isn't that good .....he won't make heaps of dirty yards ....just don't rate the bloke 

YOu know what, I agree with all of the above, and the other negative ppoints made about Naden....but

When we have played against a team he is in, he is always one of those blokes I see on the opposition team lists and Im worried about them. Tariq Sims another.

At the reported price, not a bad signing. I hope he impresses us all.

I always felt that way when Peachey played against us too 😆

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Matt Lodge granted immediate release from Warriors…

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

A couple of FB pages saying we're going after him...

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

Yes please

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @tigersteve

Yes please

He’s not a quality person but he’s a quality middle for sure. Only 26 too. If we get him and Crichton our 2023 pack is looking really good.

TigerSteve, Kenny4517, Joel Helmes and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

He won't be here immediately as we have a full roster.

ReplyQuote
Page 107 / 916
Share: