Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @helmesy

Posted by: @russtutty63

If anyone had any doubts about the importance of the work outside backs do in getting sets started and helping in yardage sets just have to look at the finals so far played. Will be keen to see how Skelton does tomorrow. 

Correct. You can also see that the speed of these finals games requires forward mobility and agility.

Agree. 

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @russtutty63

If anyone had any doubts about the importance of the work outside backs do in getting sets started and helping in yardage sets just have to look at the finals so far played. Will be keen to see how Skelton does tomorrow. 

Correct. You can also see that the speed of these finals games requires forward mobility and agility.

And fitness. heard an interview with Luke Garner today after the Pamfers semi and they asked him if they had tapered off their physical training at this end of the season and his answer was that no, they are still training as hard as they ever had and basically they get flogged and they love it. Massive part of Penriths success as they are able to maintain that incredible line speed.

Its something that we CAN do. We cant buy players as good as Penrith/Storm/Roosters etc but they CAN train as hard and achieve the same fitness. IMO for a bottom dwelling club like us it should be the first thing they achieve.

As Ive said elsewhere I know the guys at Penrith/Dogs/Manly and it is NOT just running, sprinting, gym work. Its very "functional" and task specific fitness. IMO it needs to be a priority.

Dirty Reds, Russtutty63, Enumerator and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @tiger5150

Rumour on the other forum that Hetherington is all but done ✅ 

Which one? Joel?

Kobe

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@davey-farrell)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

@helmesy how do we sign Kobe but we dont have any roster spots available?

ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@tiger5150 This is why the team can only fully compete for 60mins ,sure there competing in part but they have not got the endurance and strength to fully go to the whistle. In part this is mental as well as fatigue sets in the mind is affected as well .. the same old line is rolled out how the team is not mentally tough enough to play the full 80mins maybe the truth should finally be realised and the priority this off season is to use the COE as it was designed for .Employ  a professional high performance individual that will demand from the players the strength and endurance that will see them compete for the full 80mins . But I suppose the coach and support staff have to realise this fact !

Teddy_S, hsvjones, Joel Helmes and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @davey-farrell

@helmesy how do we sign Kobe but we dont have any roster spots available?

Taking Sezer’s place?

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @snake

@tiger5150 This is why the team can only fully compete for 60mins ,sure there competing in part but they have not got the endurance and strength to fully go to the whistle. In part this is mental as well as fatigue sets in the mind is affected as well .. the same old line is rolled out how the team is not mentally tough enough to play the full 80mins maybe the truth should finally be realised and the priority this off season is to use the COE as it was designed for .Employ  a professional high performance individual that will demand from the players the strength and endurance that will see them compete for the full 80mins . But I suppose the coach and support staff have to realise this fact !

I agree completely. Interesting that Sheens also stated that he thought the side wasn’t fit enough when he got back here too. Penrith and Storm can match it more often than not with any team both physically and in sheer endurance. We still can’t. Massive area of opportunity.

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)

Betsey talked about this in the recent club podcast. Didn't reveal much but mentioned all that stuff is under review. You'd hope it's a high priority, as it's an obvious weakness. 

Funny about the Garner interview. Going back to 2005, most will remember that we'd won 8 in a row, but then had two pretty solid losses before the finals. Thing is, they'd been absolutely flogged in training those two last week's, right up to game day, even knowing that it'd leave them flat. Thought process was that they needed a bit of extra fuel for the finals, plus a couple of losses wouldn't exactly harm them.

Probably an outdated way of thinking, but it certainly didn't hurt them over the next few weeks. 

Mike and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)

Posted by: @dirty-reds

Betsey talked about this in the recent club podcast. Didn't reveal much but mentioned all that stuff is under review. You'd hope it's a high priority, as it's an obvious weakness. 

Funny about the Garner interview. Going back to 2005, most will remember that we'd won 8 in a row, but then had two pretty solid losses before the finals. Thing is, they'd been absolutely flogged in training those two last week's, right up to game day, even knowing that it'd leave them flat. Thought process was that they needed a bit of extra fuel for the finals, plus a couple of losses wouldn't exactly harm them.

Probably an outdated way of thinking, but it certainly didn't hurt them over the next few weeks. 

I'm not sure it is an outdated view. I seem to hear it mentioned a bit about teams who are certain finalists get flogged the last couple of rounds.

It'd a move that takes courage from the coach IMO.

Dirty Reds reacted
ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)

Posted by: @snake

I agree completely. Interesting that Sheens also stated that he thought the side wasn’t fit enough when he got back here too. Penrith and Storm can match it more often than not with any team both physically and in sheer endurance. We still can’t. Massive area of opportunity.

I love your last line. "Area of opportunity". That should be our mantra next off season. Seek every little area of opportunity to improve. That really could be a line to lay your hat on.

TGRZMN, Tiger5150, Mike and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

can we go after the 6 from manly ?

what a record, 12 seasons and he has never lost a finals game lol :p

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Wouldnt swap him for Galvin.

ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I'm so pleased for Luke and Tommy Talau. And for Shawn Blore as well. I hope Manly go deep into the finals, starting with ending the season for the Rorters  next weekend.

This post was modified 4 days ago by Mercy Rule

Mike and Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @mercy-rule

I'm so pleased for Luke and Tommy Talau. And for Shawn Blore as well. I hope Manly go deep into the finals, starting with ending the season for the Rorters  next weekend.

turbo doesn't look fit, think they may just scrape home against Roosters but geez they need a massive improvement to get close to Melbourne

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @tiger5150

Wouldnt swap him for Galvin.

we would have still had Galvin in the system though.... 

wouldn't have got luai however 

ReplyQuote
Page 1055 / 1058
Share: