Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

Missing Horsburgh means we still need a Horsburgh-style middle. This guy would have been a great signing. Hope we've got someone else in mind that brings the same fear factor 

Teddy_S, Russtutty63, Barra and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@tigersteve Horsburgh has been on the outer, it seems, at the Raiders for most of this season. From reports, WT chased him and, I am guessing, would have offered him more than the Raiders. But, he's decided to stay there. I think that says a lot.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

1. Bula

2. Skelton

3. Olam

4. Bird

5. turuva 

not thrilled at all re Montoya if true, pretty underwhelming 

I would be quite disappointed to see Bird in the centres. Surely he will be playing the Bateman role in the forwards.

don't think Montoya is that much of an upgrade on what we have, I would rather we buy another forward. 

we have missed Corey H I guess we sign hetherington from Brisbane now

Montoya is an enormous upgrade on Staines imo. Staines got absolutely manhandled by Sivo on Friday night. 

not talking Staines agree he had a shocker dont thinknhe will be here hopefully, is montoya an upgrade on Skelton and turuva... don't think so 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

wonder if the club will make a play for RCG don't think he will be going to St George 

Lorenzo and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

wonder if the club will make a play for RCG don't think he will be going to St George 

Id happily offer him a 2 year deal, no more.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Lorenzo reacted
ReplyQuote
Lorenzo
(@lorenzo)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

2 years for RCG would be a great signing. Still a destructive player who averages over 124m per game with 48 post contact...better stats at age 31 than Stef aged 24.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Isn’t he after a 3 year deal? And I thought I read somewhere the Eels aren’t looking at chipping in so you’d be looking at around the $700,000-750,000 a year mark, for the first year at least. Not sure the Tigers, or many other clubs, want to go that high. 

This post was modified 1 week ago by Russtutty63

hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Not sure if RCG is the right fit for the Tigers. I think with Hunt already coming & Pole hopefully resigning at some point another middle like a Williams would where I’d be looking.

hsvjones and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

RCG is a similar body shape to Klemmer but a slightly better footballer, IMO. The size and shape of Hunt is something we need more of. If only Pole was taller ...., but I hope he stays. He's had a good year and can keep improving.

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Blake Lawrie? Apparently free to leave the Dragons. 

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Tiger_Alex reacted
ReplyQuote
(@teddy_s)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Posted by: @kades79

What are the thoughts on Adam Elliott from the Knights as lock??  I have read that he has been told to look around for next season, along with a few other players??  His wife is at the Roosters so, probably looking to return to Sydney??

whole hearted player AE… wouldn’t look out of place. But we do need some forwards with some grunt and skill. 

hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @tigersteve

Missing Horsburgh means we still need a Horsburgh-style middle. This guy would have been a great signing. Hope we've got someone else in mind that brings the same fear factor 

I’m not sure if Horsburgh had fear factor, unless you mean the fear that fans have he might do something crazy, but he certainly gets around for a bloke who looks like he wouldn’t. Has a real dig & is fearless. I think Hunt has some of that fear factor that we need & hopefully he’ll play some decent minutes. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @helmesy

No. Let’s look at middles who suit the modern game, who are very fit & will set high standards at training as well as in games. Lawrie & a few others are more old school. 

This post was modified 1 week ago by Russtutty63

Joel Helmes and hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @helmesy

Its a no from me. Lawrie is a similar type and dare I say it...body type to Hunt and I dont think we can afford two of them.

ReplyQuote
Lorenzo
(@lorenzo)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

No from me on Lawrie, we have enough of his type and impact in the team. I am also not overly concerned we missed out on horsborough, in fact I am pleased that we did. I have never been that impressed with him, reminds me a bit of stef in his inconsistency with not as much potential upside. I want a forward that strikes fear into the opposition, Hunt does, however red...not so much.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1048 / 1058
Share: