Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

Posted by: @mike

Posted by: @snake

Well after seeing Skelton play he already is in my Plodders list another lazy player , I really do not know who scopes these players before signing but this guy is a real disappointment after reading various posts !Will be playing reserve grade would think ..

Skelton: 17 runs for 170m, 49 PCM, 3 tackle breaks, 3 offloads

not bad stats though 

he was quiet but had a few good runs coming off his try line. Hard to pull down and contests through the tackle. He'd be an improvement bringing the ball back 

ReplyQuote
(@hsvjones)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @tigersteve

Well after seeing Skelton play he already is in my Plodders list another lazy player , I really do not know who scopes these players before signing but this guy is a real disappointment after reading various posts !Will be playing reserve grade would think ..

not bad stats though 

he was quiet but had a few good runs coming off his try line. Hard to pull down and contests through the tackle. He'd be an improvement bringing the ball back 

People need to remember that he made 170m and Manly hardly even kicked to his side of the field. Imagine he got the ball more aften and was not injured he would of killed the 200m + mark.  

So he got 170m without anyone noticing him as he went looking for the ball. 

He WILL be fine next year running off Laui and Galvins cut out passes 

TigerSteve reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

need to watch more games mate. Skelton isnt To'o or Tuiaki but he elements of both of their games but surprising pace for a big guy. IMO he is first winger picked and almost zero chance of reggies.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @hsvjones

Posted by: @tigersteve

not bad stats though 

People need to remember that he made 170m and Manly hardly even kicked to his side of the field. Imagine he got the ball more aften and was not injured he would of killed the 200m + mark.  

So he got 170m without anyone noticing him as he went looking for the ball. 

He WILL be fine next year running off Laui and Galvins cut out passes 

If Staines is his wing partner next year, no one will kick to him either.....

Really hoping for

2. Skelton

5. Laulilii

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Heard rumours we are looking at signing Ali Leiataua from warriors we can offer november 1 for 2026 season

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@fordy20)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Heard rumours we are looking at signing Ali Leiataua from warriors we can offer november 1 for 2026 season

He had some good carries tonight against the Sharks

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

I really am in 2 minds regarding the possible signing of Hunt. He just seems an impact player to me & that’s fine especially if you can get a couple of stints out of him but I think you can also do that with Pole who is younger, fitter & who still has his best in front of him. I prefer Pole off the bench to starting but that’s just me. 
I heard new Liverpool FC manager, Arne Slot, today reply to a question regarding tactics after his team beat Man United 3-0, he said “..it’s not so much about tactics as it is work rate…”. He basically said if the work rate is there the quality does the rest. I see the Storm, Panthers, Sharks, Dogs do this very well, others do it too but those teams, in my eyes, are better than most in work rate terms especially Storm & Panthers. That’s the road I’d like Wests Tigers take, high, high work rate particularly in defence but in every aspect too obviously. Lachlan Galvin is terrific because he is everywhere (he has other qualities too of course). With Stefano going I’d love to see us look for high work rate type of middles. 

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by Russtutty63

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @russtutty63

I really am in 2 minds regarding the possible signing of Hunt. He just seems an impact player to me & that’s fine especially if you can get a couple of stints out of him but I think you can also do that with Pole who is younger, fitter & who still has his best in front of him. I prefer Pole off the bench to starting but that’s just me. 
I heard new Liverpool FC manager, Arne Slot, today reply to a question regarding tactics after his team beat Man United 3-0, he said “..it’s not so much about tactics as it is work rate…”. He basically said if the work rate is there the quality does the rest. I see the Storm, Panthers, Sharks, Dogs do this very well, others do it too but those teams, in my eyes, are better than most in work rate terms especially Storm & Panthers. That’s the road I’d like Wests Tigers take, high, high work rate particularly in defence but in every aspect too obviously. Lachlan Galvin is terrific because he is everywhere (he has other qualities too of course). With Stefano going I’d love to see us look for high work rate type of middles. 

I would much prefer Jack Williams (or Oregon Kaufusi) & Horsburgh to this end.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Richardson in the just released BTR video said signings are coming. 

Awaiting a list of departures too.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Russtutty63, hsvjones, CanberraTiger and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Lorenzo
(@lorenzo)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

I was watching the Mini version of the Cronulla game and what I did notice is 2 tries came off the back of a hit up by royce hunt on the previous play. A third try came from royce running a decoy....this guy must be on the danger list of opposing teams as a difficult player to shut down, so he is getting multiple players committing in a tackle and drawing the attention of defenders when running a decoy....he may be an astute signing as long as its the right $$. Nice change from Stef and co's absolute rubbish decoy runs (strolls).

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @lorenzo

I was watching the Mini version of the Cronulla game and what I did notice is 2 tries came off the back of a hit up by royce hunt on the previous play. A third try came from royce running a decoy....this guy must be on the danger list of opposing teams as a difficult player to shut down, so he is getting multiple players committing in a tackle and drawing the attention of defenders when running a decoy....he may be an astute signing as long as its the right $$. Nice change from Stef and co's absolute rubbish decoy runs (strolls).

I noticed him blowing after 20 minutes. But it was a good 20.

Joel Helmes and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tgrzmn)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

His stats for the game vs Warriors are no worse (maybe even better) than the rest of Sharks forwards.

lestronge reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @tgrzmn

His stats for the game vs Warriors are no worse (maybe even better) than the rest of Sharks forwards.

True and it is also true it was not a great performance from the Sharks. And it was a good 20 minutes from Hunt. If he can do what he did in that 20 twice a game I think he’d be a good addition to most teams but I prefer Pole off the bench for us as he’s younger & best is to come. You could have both but in my opinion I think the most successful teams have guys with higher work rates than Hunt. And there is a reason the Sharks are fine with releasing him early. 

TGRZMN and Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 79)

he did somewhat remind me of Nofoaluma ( longtime since I’ve typed that) but I’d have to give him some benefit of the doubt, for now. 

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 79)

Posted by: @helmesy

Richardson in the just released BTR video said signings are coming. 

Awaiting a list of departures too.

Don’t you mean the shredded list Joel. How much blood will flow do you think ??🤔 🤣

ReplyQuote
Page 1039 / 1058
Share: