Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

TDS is actually a pretty decent goal kicker from memory 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Maybe the new hooker for NSW cup suggests TDS will play 14 for NRL squad 

100%, he’s too good to languish in NSW cup for another 2 years.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Mercy Rule reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @dirty-reds

TDS is actually a pretty decent goal kicker from memory 

I saw him kick in an SG Ball game earlier this year. A father of one of the other players stood near me & shouted to his son “Why is he kicking?”, his son replied “Because I can’t kick”, the father shouted back “Neither can he”. Tallyn kicked 8 from 8 that day. 
But I have seen him kick on another day where he missed a few. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Salty
(@salty)
Junior Pathways

Leo Thompson seeking to test the market. Young prop on the rise. Plenty of upside in my opinion. Powerful ball carrier through the middle, whose
game could go to another level running off Api. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@helmesy I do not see that building up your skill and strength is Languishing in reserve grade .. TDS is going to have to bide his time as Harry Grant did . This team is not strong enough to have a 14 as a bench sitter for 15mins a game.  This other hooker just signed can play lock /second row and kick  more upside , is TDS in the future plans of the club are there issues .

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

With the Tigers still looking for another outside back, a centre would seem most likely option, who do people think might be players worth looking at who might be available? I think Tass from Souths, been injured most of the season this year but will be 3rd or 4th choice behind Wighton & Graham. He could be an option. Any others? 

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

It’s highly unlikely these will happen but sometimes crazy things can happen especially post season when all teams have finished playing:

Nelson & Brian To’o. There was some smoke a while ago regarding these guys so if nothing happens for the Tigers next couple of months who knows what could happen. But, again, highly unlikely these 2 will leave their current clubs. 

The Storm & Broncos might have to release a player or players, especially Broncos. The Eels also looking to offload players so who knows what will happen there. The Tigers could sweeten any potential target as they do appear to have players who are out of favour and who might add depth to other clubs. No doubt there will be some surprise movements (I get a lot of those the older I get) over the next few months.

This post was modified 3 weeks ago by Russtutty63

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @russtutty63

It’s highly unlikely these will happen but sometimes crazy things can happen especially post season when all teams have finished playing:

Nelson & Brian To’o. There was some smoke a while ago regarding these guys so if nothing happens for the Tigers next couple of months who knows what could happen. But, again, highly unlikely these 2 will leave their current clubs. 

The Storm & Broncos might have to release a player or players, especially Broncos. The Eels also looking to offload players so who knows what will happen there. The Tigers could sweeten any potential target as they do appear to have players who are out of favour and who might add depth to other clubs. No doubt there will be some surprise movements (I get a lot of those the older I get) over the next few months.

Hopefully we can use this time to offload a few non performers and free up space for recruits.

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
Lorenzo
(@lorenzo)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Naden doing well in KOE will surely mean he will have a few suitors in the off-season. The distinct lack of halves in the market and the number of teams that need them in both first and second grade will surely mean that Bud will also find a new home and I'm fairly certain that in both cases we may not have to carry much of their contracts (bud prob more than Naden). 

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Would love Nelson, Too is a (very) nice to have but not absolutely required, happy with Thompson as a recruit. Nelson brings impact and agro which is a key factor we have missed forever. Too would help flip the culture but would not be cheap and I think also would limit some of the talented juniors finding a spot in first grade. 

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @snake

@mike The club just signed another Hooker that is a good goal kicker and supposedly a good player , maybe he can also play back row if not Da Silva will be under pressure next season as the team needs a kicker desperately.. No Kicker = No finals!

Api can kick

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

The Wests Tigers are poised to land the signing of Cronulla's Royce Hunt as they move to fill the void of prop Stefano Utoikamanu.

Daily Tele

Nick_Hayzee reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

An interesting line from the article on Hunt

He would bring 72-games of NRL experience to the Tigers, a major appeal for Marshall, who will also be without veteran forward John Bateman next season.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @garry

An interesting line from the article on Hunt

He would bring 72-games of NRL experience to the Tigers, a major appeal for Marshall, who will also be without veteran forward John Bateman next season.

Thats great news!

ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@helmesy We all can expect those 2 hit ups per match … if this is what Marshall is thinking and this is the high bar he sees in a player he might as well give it away … Hunt is a plodder of the highest degree ! Can only scratch the head if this is on ..

Salty and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1036 / 1059
Share: