Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@doug-heffernan)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @russtutty63

Posted by: @garry

Wests Tigers CEO- Shane Richardson 26/08/24 - SEN League | Podcast on Spotify

Interesting little interview. I was thinking today as the news of Feldt leaving the Cows came through about experienced players & where we are as a club. We definitely pushed through some players that I’m sure we would’ve liked to give more time, Luke, Miller & one or two others. Ideally it’d be good to give them a season or two learning in the lower grades before debuting but not to be this year. I also wondered if by adding to the experienced guys currently in the top 30 how much that might help Benji. He seemed to rely heavily on Api this year although he no doubt also gave some responsibility to Klemmer & Bateman. Sometimes the relationship between coach & player breaks down as it seems to have with Benji & Bateman. But with Luai coming, Api there, Klemmer, Olam & maybe one or two more it surely will help. It’s the main reason I like Feldt despite his age. A true NRL professional like him who understands what it takes to be at your best week in week out is the perfect example of what we need & would help Benji enormously in my opinion. They’re just not all that easy to find. 

I hate him so much

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @dirty-reds

After the Skelton signing, we've still got around $1.5m+ to spend for next year, so I would hope that we do more than just add Kaufusi. We should be adding at least a couple of genuine FG options in the pack. 

Yes, I mentioned Lane if released by Eels as could cover edge & middle, plenty experience, played in GF. 

I think we should be aiming a fair bit higher. Lane is no better than what we have. 

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 79)

Posted by: @helmesy

Left field suggestion…Api at lock?

That’s very very left field Joel… not sure of that move 

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 79)

Posted by: @tigersteve

Api 9; Da Silva 14; find a lock

I reckon maybe Seyfarth at 13 … he’d be the link man for me. Pole played one or two on an edge and thought went ok. 

TigerSteve reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Brent Read believes we are chasing Kobe Hetherington from the Broncos.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@kenny4517)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@helmesy good players Kobe, tough just like his old man.

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Could be something in it especially if the Broncos intent on going after Walker & wanting to keep Staggs & Cobbo, might need to free up some cap space. Good, young player with some experience now & best to come.

This post was modified 3 weeks ago by Russtutty63

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Could be something in it especially if the Broncos intent on going after Walker & wanting to keep Staggs & Cobbo, might need to free up some cap space. Good, young player with some experience now & best to come.

Just thinking about the Broncos cap, if they were to recruit Walker it’d put their spine at about the $3.5 mill mark, similar to Storm, Manly & Eels & we would be about $3mill without upgrade for Lachy. They’d also have Haas on approx $1mill, Carrigan approx $700,000, Rikki $700,000, Piakura approx $400,000 & if keeping Staggs & Cobbo would have to pay them approx $1.6 mill total. Not to mention upgrading Mariner, Willison, Te Kura at some point. That’s something close to $8mill in 10 players. Guess some will be playing for unders. 

This post was modified 3 weeks ago 2 times by Russtutty63

ReplyQuote
(@kenny4517)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Unless us taking Kobe frees up space for the Broncos to take Horsburgh. I'd actually prefer Kobe and Cory jenson 

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Just thinking about the Broncos cap, if they were to recruit Walker it’d put their spine at about the $3.5 mill mark, similar to Storm, Manly & Eels & us. They’d also have Haas on approx $1mill, Carrigan approx $700,000, Rikki $700,000, Piakura approx $400,000 & if keeping Staggs & Cobbo would have to pay them approx $1.6 mill total. Not to mention upgrading Mariner, Willison, Te Kura at some point. That’s something close to $8mill in 10 players. Guess some will be playing for unders. 

Maybe the others will be on minimum or close to it. 

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @kenny4517

Unless us taking Kobe frees up space for the Broncos to take Horsburgh. I'd actually prefer Kobe and Cory jenson 

No the Broncos need to free up space to keep all the cream they have as well as Walker. 

ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@kenny4517 This is the type that needs to be signed … not two hit up wonder Hunt! Would imagine the other QLD based clubs would be interested .

Kenny4517 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@mike The club just signed another Hooker that is a good goal kicker and supposedly a good player , maybe he can also play back row if not Da Silva will be under pressure next season as the team needs a kicker desperately.. No Kicker = No finals!

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @snake

@mike The club just signed another Hooker that is a good goal kicker and supposedly a good player , maybe he can also play back row if not Da Silva will be under pressure next season as the team needs a kicker desperately.. No Kicker = No finals!

IMO TDS is under no pressure whatsoever and has the next 3 years of his career clearly planned out.

Tigerlily and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Maybe the new hooker for NSW cup suggests TDS will play 14 for NRL squad 

Tigerlily and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1035 / 1059
Share: