Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@kenny4517)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

It’s good to have forum back.

On Facebook a rumour that we have signed Tristan Hope from Brisbane Tigers to a cup contract for next year, I hope he brings Ronald Philitoga with him if true. 

MickeyB and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @garry

Posted by: @lorenzo

Such an odd analogy to use, I got the feeling while listening to him that the club is fighting for survival i.e. we are not the crocodile, but the victim and we need to survive the death roll and come out the other side. Don't want to go down a rabbit hole however all the crap calls we keep getting on the field and by the judiciary and the lack of support/protection of the club by the NRL with the media makes me think that there is an agenda against us surviving.

I think you are reading too much into it. They want players that are committed and willing to fight to the death to get out of where we are now. 

It was a badly communicated analogy .

I didn't get it at all. Which is a bit of a worry when we're looking for a CEO to inspire some hope for the future.

As for wanting players who will "fight to the death ....", I think that attitude comes when they feel they are being developed and improved by the systems and staff that coach them.

I thought the (alleged) comment from Stefano I read on SMH online before he announced his signing with the Storm was jarring: "whichever club I go to next I expect to thrive". The subtle inference being that WT is not a place where players thrive.

Why, I wonder? Maybe the CEO should be telling us that in more plain and clear language.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Apparently Benji has hinted at a possible Lock signing. The player “not getting enough minutes” at current club.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
Lorenzo
(@lorenzo)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @mercy-rule

Posted by: @garry

Posted by: @lorenzo

Such an odd analogy to use, I got the feeling while listening to him that the club is fighting for survival i.e. we are not the crocodile, but the victim and we need to survive the death roll and come out the other side. Don't want to go down a rabbit hole however all the crap calls we keep getting on the field and by the judiciary and the lack of support/protection of the club by the NRL with the media makes me think that there is an agenda against us surviving.

I think you are reading too much into it. They want players that are committed and willing to fight to the death to get out of where we are now. 

It was a badly communicated analogy .

I didn't get it at all. Which is a bit of a worry when we're looking for a CEO to inspire some hope for the future.

As for wanting players who will "fight to the death ....", I think that attitude comes when they feel they are being developed and improved by the systems and staff that coach them.

I thought the (alleged) comment from Stefano I read on SMH online before he announced his signing with the Storm was jarring: "whichever club I go to next I expect to thrive". The subtle inference being that WT is not a place where players thrive.

Why, I wonder? Maybe the CEO should be telling us that in more plain and clear language.

I honestly think that Stefano has realized he does not have what it takes to be the leader of a forward pack. I saw no indication of it at the Tigers, never saw him rip into anyone or give a speech on the field or in the sheds, I just don't think that is his personality, so the reality will be he needs to be in a system surrounded by experienced forwards where the expectation is that he is not the Alpha, so he can just do what he does without the leadership pressure and he knows that's not what we would be paying him the big dollars for and he does not have the burden of the comments where he said he wants to be a leader at the WT. This is no criticism of him as a player, it's just in my opinion, the reason he has moved on. It's reflected in the language he has used about the move as well, all about him as a player and not about helping a team be successful, "I want to thrive" "I want to win more games" "I want to play finals" 

Peter A and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @helmesy

Apparently Benji has hinted at a possible Lock signing. The player “not getting enough minutes” at current club.

i assume this means Dylan Walker

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kenny4517)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

It looks like Tim Johannssen may have signed a new 2-year deal with Wests Tigers. 

Nick_Hayzee and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Tiger_Alex
(@tiger_alex)
Junior Pathways

Tallis Duncan maybe???

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @kenny4517

It looks like Tim Johannssen may have signed a new 2-year deal with Wests Tigers. 

good pick up on the right money which I assume it would be considering he was playing RMC a few weeks ago 

Jedi Tiger and Kenny4517 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @tiger5150

good pick up on the right money which I assume it would be considering he was playing RMC a few weeks ago 

CASTLEFORD TIGERS have missed out on a prop from Wests Tigers, League Express can exclusively reveal.

That prop is youngster Tim Johannssen, who made his NRL debut for the Tigers against the North Queensland Cowboys last weekend.

Johannssen has played 12 matches with the Western Suburbs Magpies in The Knock-On Effect Cup in 2024, after making his NSW Cup debut in 2022 against the Newcastle Knights.

https://www.totalrl.com/castleford-tigers-miss-out-on-wests-tigers-prop/#google_vignette

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Not sure how I feel about that.

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

That would be good. Definitely needed. 

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

That’s good. He didn’t disappoint on debut and looked like an NRL player. 

Kenny4517 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @tiger_alex

Tallis Duncan maybe???

thought the tallis duncan stuff from souths has gone a bit quiet, we had enquired but don't think we are getting him unfortunately 

as others have said looks like Dylan walker, a bit underwhelming tbh 

ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Where did you hear hom hint that?

Jack Williams comes to mind

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

for max 2 years on reasonable money I think Walker would be a good get IMO. He would be the 13 that we wanted Peachey and Hastings to be and remove the frustration of a back wasting a bench spot. 

ReplyQuote
Page 1017 / 1066
Share: