Notifications
Clear all

Home ground Thread

(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @mercy-rule

Posted by: @tiger5150

Posted by: @eastiemagpie

A real missed opportunity here to shape the direction of the club but we remain stuck in the past. We are still not one club, it seems the factions are still in play. I understand this is an extremely difficult policy for the club but catering to factions shows no vision.

I genuinely dont understand the logic or what you are saying. Im assuming you mean to be "one club" we need one home ground. Does that mean we abandon the south west? Do we play all our games out of CSS?

I totally agree with the idea that to be "one club" we need one home ground. Why is that contentious?

This is just my opinion, but I dont think the idea of "one ground for one club" is contentious, I can follow the logic to an extent, but at the moment, in the absence of $100M being through at either CSS, "one ground for one club" would mean abandoning Campbelltown and the SW. Is that the direction for this club?

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

How many teams play at multiple home grounds (excluding magic round): 

Tigers 

Dragons 

Dolphins 

Panthers 

Bulldogs 

Souths 

Roosters 

Sharks 

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

Tigers 

Dragons 

Dolphins 

Panthers 

Bulldogs 

Souths 

Roosters 

Sharks 

how many play more than 3 at 3 diff grounds?

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Tigers 

Dragons 

Dolphins 

Panthers 

Bulldogs 

Souths 

Roosters 

Sharks 

Tigers and Dragons 

ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@eastiemagpie So what did change 6 months ago Richo and others public stated that these two grounds were not up to NRL standard . Move on 6 months these grounds are now NRL standard without a cent being spent! and the club has signed on for a further 3 seasons . As a member I would like an explanation of why this decision was made !!Richo bags on about how members are a family well Richo an explanation please ! We were also expecting a split of 8-2-2 with all the bluster Richo was putting out .. we were only committing to an 8 game premium membership as a 4 game one is a waste not worth the effort . One day not suitable next day up to standard please explain .

ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@the-last-ronin And the Dragons use 2 grounds which are part of their merged identity, Kogarah Jubilee and WIN Stadium. It makes sense. Commbank is not part of the merged identity of Balmain and Wests. That's the difference. And despite the hoohah on the appointment of Shane Richardson, there is no prospect of the WT using fewer than 3 "home" grounds in Sydney for the next 3 years. I don't see how that's a positive for the club.

And, to be clear, I don't want an exclusively LO or CSS homeground. I want a new one somewhere else, preferably in Sydney. But there is zero vision of that happening in my life time. So, we will remain the journeymen and the poor cousins of the NRL. 

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Tigers 

Dragons 

Dolphins 

Panthers 

Bulldogs 

Souths 

Roosters 

Sharks 

Tigers and Dragons 

as far as I can tell dragons play all their games at win or kogarah apart from one game against the roosters on Anzac Day (which I assume they alternate with roosters as home team). So we are an absolute outlier as a club, even amongst merged entities.  I can understand split LO/CSS, I can understand 8-2-2 Commbank/LO/CSS (or Accor or whatever). I cannot understand 4-4-3-1 that Richo has dished up for the next 3 years. I am in the “trust in Richo camp” but this decision is terrible.

Snake reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@tigertownsfs And we thought Pascoe had no vision !

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

dragons as an example is win and kogarah that is equivalent to wests tigers playing at CSS and LO. They are distinct geographical areas and if the club decided not to play any at Wollongong and solely out of kogarah etc fans would be like the club probably doesn't represent us anymore. 

if we were going to ditch an area be that LO or CSS the time to do that was 2005, we are now 25 years down the rabbit hole. Richo has probably thought about it and come to the realisation you can't just dump an area of a joint venture 

Perhaps the sweet spot should have been 

Parramatta Stadium 9 games

LO 1 game

CSS 1 game 

Magic Round 1 game 

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

dragons as an example is win and kogarah that is equivalent to wests tigers playing at CSS and LO. They are distinct geographical areas and if the club decided not to play any at Wollongong and solely out of kogarah etc fans would be like the club probably doesn't represent us anymore. 

if we were going to ditch an area be that LO or CSS the time to do that was 2005, we are now 25 years down the rabbit hole. Richo has probably thought about it and come to the realisation you can't just dump an area of a joint venture 

LO 1 game

CSS 1 game 

Magic Round 1 game 

I just hope there are things we don’t know that have made this decision the best path but “we just want to please everyone” is the worst decision.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

LO 1 game

CSS 1 game 

Magic Round 1 game 

I just hope there are things we don’t know that have made this decision the best path but “we just want to please everyone” is the worst decision.

Does Richo strike you as that kind of bloke? What part of "we are going to make tough decisions that are going to upset people" implies he is just trying to please people?

IMO it is clearly a case of when Richo has assessed the $$$ and all other parameters, its simply the best option.

ReplyQuote
Barra
(@barra)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

This decision certainly gives Richo some wriggle room to execute his pledge.

#1 If we should become successful over the next 3 seasons, "we need to play in larger stadium" will be a case, as will be pressure for a Campbelltown upgrade. Both accepted by the larger, keener fanbase.

#2 Moderate success, we continue to push for a Campbelltown upgrade while that fanbase continues to be nurtured.

Limited success, we don't alienate the current fanbase while we continue to work towards #1 and #2.

Long game, Campbelltown upgrade and majority of games there.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @tiger5150

LO 1 game

CSS 1 game 

Magic Round 1 game 

Does Richo strike you as that kind of bloke? What part of "we are going to make tough decisions that are going to upset people" implies he is just trying to please people?

IMO it is clearly a case of when Richo has assessed the $$$ and all other parameters, its simply the best option.

before the LO funding LO was probably only receiving 1 trail game. 

PVL applied the pressure as did Richo and we got some funding 

would think campbletown might get some in the future too and has a parramatta like stadium with 3 games a year at LO 

win/ win 

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

LO 1 game

CSS 1 game 

Magic Round 1 game 

I don't understand the point you're trying to make. If the plan should be avoiding dumping one area of the JV, why would 9 "home" games at Parra be the "sweet spot"? 

ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

The $16.7 new youth academy at Campbelltown was discussed on the pod 

Thought I would post the announcement here again. 

Image looks good - would be interested to see if it adds more corporate area

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2023/02/16/funding-approved-for-campbelltown-centre-of-excellence/

Top 8 2023

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 147 / 148
Share: