Clear all

Home ground Thread

The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Posted by: @mike

I hope Richo puts the stupid Liverpool scenario to bed. If we want to develop the south-west then it has to be Campbelltown. A re-vamped CSS would go well. 

yeah Liverpool was a Chairman Lee boondoggle. 

would not surprise me if we ended up with CCS and SFS split

if the state and federal government decide to build at Liverpool for dogs and tigers to share then we won't be getting an upgrade at CSS. 

not a fan but think it has some legs to play out yet, 

I can’t see any reason why either of those governments would support building a new stadium at Liverpool. You already have SFS, Homebush and Parramatta. Is another 25-30 000 seat stadium really required. 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

I hope Richo puts the stupid Liverpool scenario to bed. If we want to develop the south-west then it has to be Campbelltown. A re-vamped CSS would go well. 

yeah Liverpool was a Chairman Lee boondoggle. 

would not surprise me if we ended up with CCS and SFS split

if the state and federal government decide to build at Liverpool for dogs and tigers to share then we won't be getting an upgrade at CSS. 

not a fan but think it has some legs to play out yet, 

I can’t see any reason why either of those governments would support building a new stadium at Liverpool. You already have SFS, Homebush and Parramatta. Is another 25-30 000 seat stadium really required. 

is it required at CSS either ? or LO ?

it would kill to birds with one stone and give a home ground to both tigers and dogs to share. 

I don't agree with it but I wouldn't rule.it out 

ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

If any ground upgrade or new stadium happens for WT the location will be a political decision aimed squarely at retaining or winning a seat.

The current Liverpool Mayor and Liberal Party politician aspirant, the highly questionable Ned Mannoun, would hardly lobby for a stadium at Liverpool that could benefit the standing of current state and federal Labor governments.

He's more focused on closing local libraries and child-care centres to fund a pool in his wife's electorate of Holsworthy (Tina Ayad, Liberal MLA, is Mannoun's wife).

Add to that, the federal seat of Fowler, which includes parts of Liverpool, is held by Dai Le; that missing-in-action, intellectually-challenged, opportunistic, show pony and former Liberal Party member who pretends to be an Independent. 

So, I think it's safe to scrap any idea of a Liverpool Stadium for WT in the near future.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

so then no to CSS or LO then based on that reckoning ...

ReplyQuote
(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I’m fairly certain as we speak,and as he has made reference to,Richo is doing his due diligence on Wests Tigers demography, particularly in the South West/Macarthur region.From my way of thinking this is future heartland and where we reap reward.Whatever concrete decisions are made I believe it has to be MacArthurcentric but while still respecting cosmetically the inner West and Leichhardt Oval roots.I know this is old terrain and fairly vexed but it will be very interesting to see if new management and Holman Barnes are willing to bite the bullet and drop anchor decisively in Campbelltown.

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

@tiger-symmetry yeah I’m sure this is true. South’s (under richo) made a push out to the south west as he knew the benefits of that growth corridor. The new board will be much less Wests Ashfield focused and any independent/competent board that looks at how to construct a sustainable and differentiated brand would go all in on western Sydney. The pitch to Luai apparently included this idea. I still hold out hope for 4 games at Allianz to accomodate mega Sydney derbies and corporate sponsorship but I can’t rule out a wholesale move west

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

People can pontificate their thoughts with what ever evidence they can gather to support their biases.....this season, fans will have 10 opportunities to vote with their bum on a seat. Lets see what the fans say.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @tiger5150

People can pontificate their thoughts with what ever evidence they can gather to support their biases.....this season, fans will have 10 opportunities to vote with their bum on a seat. Lets see what the fans say.

if LO gets good attendances it will be difficult to leave out.

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Not when it falls apart and/or someone gets seriously injured. It’s only a matter of time unless funding is found to revamp it. 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Not when it falls apart and/or someone gets seriously injured. It’s only a matter of time unless funding is found to revamp it. 

The eighth wonder it will be sweet, they get good crowds even when the team is going bad and they charge $50 GA to sit on the hill, due to the fact LO is an event stadium and people like going there. 

if it wasn't popular it wouldn't get the crowds it does. 

I wouldn't hold my breath for an upgrade of either stadium tbh

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

The eighth wonder it will be sweet, they get good crowds even when the team is going bad and they charge $50 GA to sit on the hill, due to the fact LO is an event stadium and people like going there. 

The Council has been lucky there hasn’t been a serious injury to date. The clock is ticking…

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

The Council has been lucky there hasn’t been a serious injury to date. The clock is ticking…

Genuinely dont get that. The place is old but I genuinely don't know of any areas that are potentially dangerous. Yes of course there was that accident a year or so ago, but that was a school match and they were in an area where fans are not allowed at NRL games.

Where is it dangerous at LO? Genuine question Mike, do you go to LO?

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

It’s not so much the danger. I think generally that is taken care of by continuing to reduce the amount of people allowed in the ground. That’s the point, it’s a small ground with poor facilities. Yes it’s nice on a warm Sunday afternoon but it doesn’t have a long term future in its current form and no clear plan for investment. Pascoe spoke about resolving the home ground issue when he first arrived at the club (in hindsight a stupid thing to say given we had long term contracts in place signed by the previous ceo). I just don’t see richo as the guy who continues to let this issue remain unresolved. He is the type of guy who is going to come in a smash through change until someone stops him. He is going to be the most powerful club ceo in the NRL (ie have the biggest mandate for change) for the next 6 months at least. Strap in. 

ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

so then no to CSS or LO then based on that reckoning ...

Leichhardt and Campbelltown (less so) are more progressive and politically influential than Liverpool. Just my opinion, of course, but I am a Liverpool City Council rate payer of more than 30 years so I have some idea of the colourful characters who use LCC (and Fairielld City Council in Dai Le's case) to progress their political ambitions. 

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Genuinely dont get that. The place is old but I genuinely don't know of any areas that are potentially dangerous. Yes of course there was that accident a year or so ago, but that was a school match and they were in an area where fans are not allowed at NRL games.

Where is it dangerous at LO? Genuine question Mike, do you go to LO?

I go to every Wests Tigers game there. The whole ground is an old design. There are several crowd control fences that are just not up to standard, one collapsed last year and the Council was lucky serious injuries did not occur. The Barnes stand is made of wood, it wouldn’t take much to have an issue there. The hill in the wet is just an accident waiting to happen. It’s only a matter of time, not if but when. 

ReplyQuote
Page 106 / 132
Share: