Notifications
Clear all

WT v Raiders Rd 2 2024

(@mattvtiger)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @dirty-reds

Posted by: @mattvtiger

One word is discipline.

We conceded the most penalties/six agains for any team this round.

Besides Penrith, every other team which were behind on the penalty count lost.

I could go into a rant about how referees interpretation of ruck speed and interference can have a significant impact on the result. 

However, we need to work through this and trying to avoid being on the wrong side of the penalty count. 

Good call. We copped some tough calls, but there was a lot of silliness from our perspective. Inexperience, naivete, whatever - it's not sustainable if we want to be a competitive team - let alone make the 8. 

We definitely got some rough calls. I felt the game was over officiated. The players were frustrated, hence, Stef getting sin binned for dissent.

As I said, we need to work through this and be resilient. Easier said than done. I was getting frustrated watching it on the TV.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

geez getting rid of that number 6 from manly has made all the difference.....

we were pretty bad today Dud Sullivan should not be in first grade again. 

Galvin took more control over the team today in his first game than Brooks did in 10 years.

he is going pretty well for a player who some on here suggested couldn't get another nrl gig lol ... we could have used Brooks out there today.... 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

where is latu fainu ? 

for our attack we need fainu Galvin and sezer all on the park

I think I saw round 4 as an expected return date. 

geez we need him, would like to see 

7. fainu

6. galvin

we cannot puck Dud Sullivan we need to be shopping him around we have him for 4 years and Luai coming we don't need Sullivan 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Can you please move on. We know you’re a big supporter of Luke and respect that. But he’s no longer here. Good luck to him however there is no need to bring him up every opportunity you have. 

so just ignore the fact he is playing good football, plenty if good judges on this forum however plenty on here singled Brooks as the problem. He is gone and the team is probably worse than when he was here. 

is Sullivan or sezer a better option than him ? No

2025 Galvin and Luai may well be a great combination hope they are as we need it

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Can you please move on. We know you’re a big supporter of Luke and respect that. But he’s no longer here. Good luck to him however there is no need to bring him up every opportunity you have. 

so just ignore the fact he is playing good football, plenty if good judges on this forum however plenty on here singled Brooks as the problem. He is gone and the team is probably worse than when he was here. 

Yes, ignore if he is playing good or bad. He IS GONE!

Incessant Brooks talk when he was unbearable. Now he is gone it is worse. He could not stay. He is gone, hopefully it will be for the best for all.

The Last Ronin and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Tigerlily
(@tigerlily)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball Moderator

Posted by: @tiger5150

Posted by: @tigerlily

Charlie having a shocker 

Staines issue is he’s a terrible player.

IMO he is not a terrible player, he is a good player, but he is a small body and that is not the modern winger.

My problem with him isn't necessarily his size, he just seems to make poor decisions. 

An example of this was when Galvin threw what would of been a beautiful cut out pass to his winger which could of resulted in a try but instead went sailing out over the side line because Stains was about 4m back from where he should of been.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Incessant Brooks talk when he was unbearable. Now he is gone it is worse. He could not stay. He is gone, hopefully it will be for the best for all.

it clearly is not best for Tigers at the moment look at the results.... He is coming 4th in the Dally M race but clearly moving him on was best ? what a good move by the club...

so no comment on any other player but tigers players ? got it no comments on tesdesco Moses Lidell Joffa or any other ex Tiger on the forum

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

it clearly is not best for Tigers at the moment look at the results.... He is coming 4th in the Dally M race but clearly moving him on was best ? what a good move by the club...

so no comment on any other player but tigers players ? got it no comments on tesdesco Moses Lidell Joffa or any other ex Tiger on the forum

we had him for 10 years and had zero success. He’s not the player we need right now. Best for us and him to move on from one another.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Charlie having a shocker 

Staines issue is he’s a terrible player.

IMO he is not a terrible player, he is a good player, but he is a small body and that is not the modern winger.

My problem with him isn't necessarily his size, he just seems to make poor decisions. 

An example of this was when Galvin threw what would of been a beautiful cut out pass to his winger which could of resulted in a try but instead went sailing out over the side line because Stains was about 4m back from where he should of been.

Exactly. The other one was when he got barrelled over the side line. Should have stepped in. 

Tigerlily reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Lobb didn't play too well in reserves so not sure if benji would choose him on the wing ? 

our centres are pretty ordinary I am worried the Sharks backs might do a number on us out wide. 

I know we shouldn't be moving a youngster like Galvin but in the absence of Olam should be put Galvin in the centres this week and do you play Sullivan (although terrible) in the halves with sezer until Fainu can debut in round 4 ?

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Lobb didn't play too well in reserves so not sure if benji would choose him on the wing ? 

our centres are pretty ordinary I am worried the Sharks backs might do a number on us out wide. 

I know we shouldn't be moving a youngster like Galvin but in the absence of Olam should be put Galvin in the centres this week and do you play Sullivan (although terrible) in the halves with sezer until Fainu can debut in round 4 ?

At this stage the only players you couldn’t move are Galvin, Api and Bula. I’d have Olam come in for To’a, Lobb come in for Staines, Matamua for Seyfarth.

When he’s right I’d be looking to inject Naden on the wing.

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

I think you have to persist with sezer and Galvin. Maybe give Galvin a spell once Latu is fit to see what he has to offer but with Luai a lock a 7 next year we need to give the young halves the best opportunity to learn outside an experienced 7 who can take the decision making pressure off them and can help them transition into first graders. We don’t need an 18yr old thinking he has to dominate the team because the 22yr old 7 is all over the shop. That said I’m not unhappy with having Sullivan in the system, you need depth in your top 30, they can’t be all kids. He isn’t on massive money so just play him at 7 in NSW. We aren’t going to need to develop any more halves from our juniors in the next 5 years given we have Luai, Galvin and Latu all locked up. 

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Naden and Olam are back in Rd 4 apparently - will make a difference. 

The difference in the backs on the weekend was pretty clear. Canberra had lots of big bodies, all of which assisted their forwards in getting off their own line at certain points.

None of our guys had any impact in that sense. 

The contrast with Canberra, is a good example of how poor our recruitment and development has been over the last few years.

Canberra have a huge natural disadvantage given their location, and haven't really ever been able to recruit big names. They've also tended to lose players for the bright lights of Sydney/Brisbane. And yet they have continually put together very strong, modern RL sides in the image of their coach. Huge forwards with big work ethics, big tough backs and a half with a good kicking game. It's a simple yet effective gameplan. 

We have chopped and changed direction every 5 mins, and have a mishmash of a squad to show for it. 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

I think you have to persist with sezer and Galvin. Maybe give Galvin a spell once Latu is fit to see what he has to offer but with Luai a lock a 7 next year we need to give the young halves the best opportunity to learn outside an experienced 7 who can take the decision making pressure off them and can help them transition into first graders. We don’t need an 18yr old thinking he has to dominate the team because the 22yr old 7 is all over the shop. That said I’m not unhappy with having Sullivan in the system, you need depth in your top 30, they can’t be all kids. He isn’t on massive money so just play him at 7 in NSW. We aren’t going to need to develop any more halves from our juniors in the next 5 years given we have Luai, Galvin and Latu all locked up. 

Id like to see Latu at 6 and Galvin at 7, with the view to potentially moving Galvin to 13 next year (which is obviously a big ask). I think the only positives in our team at the moment (outside of Api) are the young guys. Let’s give them the season to show us what they’ve got.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

At this stage the only players you couldn’t move are Galvin, Api and Bula. I’d have Olam come in for To’a, Lobb come in for Staines, Matamua for Seyfarth.

When he’s right I’d be looking to inject Naden on the wing.

Seyfarth was pretty poor, didn't he only have like 1 run. 

ReplyQuote
Page 13 / 14
Share: