Share:
Notifications
Clear all

WT v Raiders Rd 2 2024

The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Really not sure what they worked on at training all off season. They started poorly, somehow managed to get make into it but after that it was poorer and poorer football. There is no one willing to try and take the team forward and be a leader in this squad. 

Mercy Rule and Peter A reacted
ReplyQuote
(@peter-a)
Junior Pathways

@the-last-ronin 

agree while we have senior players in API Kelm Bateman 

They are not naturally leaders When we need leadership no one stands up it was Galvin who led this team around 

ReplyQuote
(@snake)

Stefano Looks like TARZAN plays like JANE .. powder puff , hopefully gone at seasons end !

Yanni reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @tgrzmn

Time to start using Galvin as a decoy. The defence is all over him. 

That’s because everyone else is waiting for him to pass. Nobody is running to get the ball, nobody running angles, no bodies in motion. That’s the major problem with the attack in the red zone, everyone is just standing around waiting for the ball to come to them. 

Yanni and TGRZMN reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)

Is there a forward in the history of the game run more meters backwards than Klemmer

Yanni reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Next week I’d be going 6. Fainu 7. Galvin

honestly, we got beaten pretty bad but there’s a few positives from tonight… we’re 3 good players short of a pretty decent team.

unfortunately we have been 2 or 3 short for over a decade

Avo reacted
ReplyQuote
(@campo)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Bateman getting a free pass here, 80% talk 20% action. Has been a real dud so far 

Joel Helmes and TGRZMN reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @snake

Is there a forward in the history of the game run more meters backwards than Klemmer

Woods by a large margin

Snake and Skippa13 reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Id throw in Matamua next week. 

TGRZMN and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Rough day for all grades. 

First Grade 32-12 loss

NSW Cup 50-12 loss

Flegg 36-0 loss 

SG Ball: 42-6 loss for both Balmain and Wests

H Matts: Wests win 26-14, Balmain lose 46-0

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Reasons to be Cheerful - Part 1

I had to watch the game on delay and havent had a chance to read the comments here. Im sure they have adequately covered all of the doom and gloom that exists. I saw some bright sparks and thought Id add some daylight.

1. 3/4 of our spine are sorted and are better than first grade standard, possibly top 8 standard. Bula, Galvin & Api are the bones to build this team around. Early signs not as good for Sullivan.
  2. Our attack has changed and improved from last year. We have learned to straighten in attack. Api, Galvin, even Sullivan and I saw Staines do it as well, straightening into the line before looking for a pass or runner. Lessons have been learned.
  3. Galvin is the real deal. i was slow to jump on the hype train and didnt want a kid pushed forward prematurely. This kid is good enough, tough enough, ready enough, good enough defender and will improve into this role. Already a better prospect than Brooks IMO and 18yo.
  4. Bench Impact - We looked stronger and better impact from forwards once the bench came on....Pole and Sam Fainu were great. Im not saying that they were better than klem & Stef but it wasnt like last year where the tempo drops when we switch it out.
  5. We came back - They came out firing after a great win last week and we were always going to be rusty. It was an abysmal start to the game but we fought back and although we never looked like challenging for a win, we kept competing and never really let them run away. Happy with the commitment for 80.
  6. At time our defensive "structure" looked better. Seem ridiculous to say based on result and they tore through us at times, particularly in broken play, but IMO when we were defending in a structured fashion, our structure looked better, particularly our right side. They were coming up and then sliding and communicating well. other than that embarrassing short side play, they didnt strip us for numbers which is what they did EVERY week last year. massive improvement, thank you Bomber.
  7. Coaches Box - After than blind side play try, the coaches box looked pissed off and they were reviewing the play on Bombers iPad. I liked seeing that compared to the whole box sitting blank faced last year. They were already looking for what was wrong and I assume fixing it.
  8. Galvins passing to second rowers - He hit IP at the line and he passed to Bateman 5m from the line.
  9. Benji Pulling Seyfarth early and then pulling Sullivan - Good to see that the coach sees what we all see and willing to act.
  10. Bateman - Im sure I might be on my own here, but I loved Batemans game. he bust a gut all game. He was passionate, he had some mongrel and niggle, lots of good offloads even when playing out of position.

Good games from Api, Galvin, Bula, Bateman, Pole, S Fainu, Stef in second stint.

Better times ahead.

Mac_Tiger, TGRZMN, Skippa13 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

I think we’re looking worse than last season. We’ve just got no idea.

The fact taht Raiders had a great win first round and we would be rusty was always going to make the first part of this game difficult. shouldnt have been that hard though.

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @tiger5150

Reasons to be Cheerful - Part 1

I had to watch the game on delay and havent had a chance to read the comments here. Im sure they have adequately covered all of the doom and gloom that exists. I saw some bright sparks and thought Id add some daylight.

1. 3/4 of our spine are sorted and are better than first grade standard, possibly top 8 standard. Bula, Galvin & Api are the bones to build this team around. Early signs not as good for Sullivan.
  2. Our attack has changed and improved from last year. We have learned to straighten in attack. Api, Galvin, even Sullivan and I say Staines do it as well, straightening into the line before looking for a pass or runner. Lessons have been learned.
  3. Galvin is the real deal. i was slow to jump on the hype train and didnt want a kid pushed forward prematurely. This kid is good enough, tough enough, ready enough, good enough defender and will improve into this role. Already a better prospect than Brooks IMO and 18yo.
  4. Bench Impact - We looked stronger and better impact from forwards once the bench came on....Pole and Sam Fainu were great. Im not saying that they were better than klem & Stef but it wasnt like last year where the tempo drops when we switch it out.
  5. We came back - They came out firing after a great win last week and we were always going to be rusty. It was an abysmal start to the game nut we fought back and although we never looked like challenging for a win, we kept competing and never really lert them run away. Hapopy with the commitment for 80.
  6. At time our defensive "structure" looked better. Seem ridiculous to say based on result and they tore through us at times, particularly in broken play, but IMO when we were defending in a structured fasioh, our structure looked better, particularly our right side. They were coming up and then slidng and communicating well. other than that embarrassing short side play, they didnt strip us for numbers which is what they did EVERY week last year. massive improvement, thank you Bomber.
  7. Coaches Box - After than blind side play try, the coaches box liked pissed off and they were reviewing the play on Bombers iPad. I liked seeing that compared to the whole box sitting blank faced last year. They were already looking for what was wrong and I assume fixing it.
  8. Galvins passing to second rowers - He hit IP at the line and he passed to Bateman 5m from the line.
  9. Benji Pulling Seyfarth early and then pulling Sullivan - Good to see that the coach sees what we all see and willing to act.
  10. Bateman - Im sure I might be on my own here, but I loved Batemans game. he bust a gut all game. He was passionate, he had some mongrel and niggle, lots of good offloads even when playing out of position.

Good games from Api, Galvin, Bula, Bateman, Pole, S Fainu, Stef in second stint.

Better times ahead.

Agree with most of that. Bateman just has to keep his head and stop giving away penalties and I’d be much happier. Cost us dearly today. 

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Did Lobb or Matamua play in NSW Cup? And if so, how did they play?

both.....Team got beaten 50-12, Lobb was nothing, Matamua wasnt bad actually but nothing too impressive

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @tigerlily

Charlie having a shocker 

Staines issue is he’s a terrible player.

IMO he is not a terrible player, he is a good player, but he is a small body and that is not the modern winger.

ReplyQuote
Page 9 / 14
Share: