(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Poor Benji looked like the stress is getting to him in the presser

ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

I didnt think he looked stressed.

I thought he looked competitive. I liked how he looked determined to get better.

Top 8 2023

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigerton)
Wests Tigers Supporter

My 1 word. Gritty. This team has fight. We could have easily lost 74-0 again there but we definitely have grit and stayed in the fight.

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kiwitiger)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @helmesy

We’ve now slipped down to a 38% winning percentage across the club’s history.

After the last few years I'm suprised it's still that high.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

The team is fighting hard, no question about it. Completely different to previous years. But if Benji is going to be successful as coach, he needs a lot of help. His game plans, general attack, selections and use of interchange aren't good enough. Demetriou and Arthur are both available, and although they have their faults, they know how to coach attacking structures. Farah might be fine for a very experienced coach, but for a rookie coach, ne needs more support. I think Morris is doing a great job.

I thought we looked far better last night when Matamua was on. Why we've persisted with so many things that weren't working while he was available is disappointing.

Sam Fainu was brilliant last night. He has the ability to be one of the elite backrowers in the comp. Galvin was also very strong, as was Pole off the bench. In his very limited minutes I thought Lobb looked decent.

Casey looked completely out of his depth. Twal was abysmal.

ReplyQuote
(@kenny4517)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

@avocadoontoast can Demetriou and Morris work together. The big question is can Benji except he needs more experience on his coaching staff.

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

My one word is “forget”. The team competes pretty well but unfortunately not many results gone their way. The bye is here and they can forget footy for a week. Then when they return they must forget where the they are on the table and focus on continuing to improve because if they do that, and have a good run with injuries, I’m confident they’ll pick up some wins and surprise in a few as well. 

This post was modified 3 weeks ago by Russtutty63

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)

Klemmer has been charged, will miss 3 weeks with an early guilty plea. 

Unsurprisingly, no suspension for Holmes. 

ReplyQuote
(@natmac78)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Posted by: @dirty-reds

Klemmer has been charged, will miss 3 weeks with an early guilty plea. 

Unsurprisingly, no suspension for Holmes. 

That's a complete shock we never saw coming. 

Dirty Reds reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Demetriou and Arthur are both available, and although they have their faults, they know how to coach attacking structures.

Arthurs attack revolved around big forwards smashing up the middle and Moses kicking teams to death. His lack of ability to adapt in attack is why he is no longer coaching.

Snake reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

So Klemmer doesn’t hurt anybody and gets a 3 weeks suspension for a hip drop tackle. Holmes puts Ice out for 6-8 weeks and gets a fine for a hip drop tackle. Makes perfect sense.

ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@kenny4517 If he doesn’t it’s curtains for him … the most successful people in business and sport surround themselves with professionals that’s how they succeed!!

Kenny4517 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@mike And with this  Ice gone 4 weeks .. Klemmer 3 weeks.. Bateman who knows .. Sezer a week or so ,Latu indefinite .. Benji has drawn the short straw that’s for sure . The judiciary is all over the place .. there needs to be a definitive  explanation of a hip drop as the whole thing is a joke . They say there is but in reality there is not !

LoganR21 reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Posted by: @tiger5150

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Demetriou and Arthur are both available, and although they have their faults, they know how to coach attacking structures.

Arthurs attack revolved around big forwards smashing up the middle and Moses kicking teams to death. His lack of ability to adapt in attack is why he is no longer coaching.

Moses got injured at the start of this season, and last season he was without Moses for 7 games and Brown for 7 games. If Moses didn't go down early in the season, he'd still be there imo. They were 2-1 and only narrowly lost to Penrith. He's built the team around the structure of big forwards and Moses/Brown, and honestly, for the most part, it's worked. But if either of those guys go down, that structure goes to crap. I'm not saying he's the best coach in the world, but he is excellent at player development (look at Moses now vs when he was with us) and would greatly improve the young guys coming through. He'd be a great step up on Farah imo.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @loganr21

Posted by: @tigerlily

Galvin needs to be in the 7 jumper. We look so much better with ball in hand.

Totally agree … I said this weeks ago. No 7 moving forward for mine 

luai should be the 7 

ReplyQuote
Page 11 / 12
Share: