Share:
Notifications
Clear all

WT V Cowboys Rd 12 2024

CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Rollercoaster. 

There are times when I hate this team and can't see any light. But there are times that I love it and can see green shoots. We have a core of good players, but we need to drain the swamp. 

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

What Seyfarth is lacking in talent he makes up for in effort. He’s always showing up and getting himself to the play. 

I’d still be shopping him but you can’t fault his effort. 

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Nice of Todd Payten to give Benji and the Tigers a rap at the end of his presser. Classy.

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
 JH98
(@jackhorton)
Wests Tigers Supporter

One word- youth 

thought our youngests had a solid game. Shredder for Casey 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

What Seyfarth is lacking in talent he makes up for in effort. He’s always showing up and getting himself to the play. 

Why would you shop him? I get it if he was on overs, but he is the perfect top 30 fill in player for his price. He plays ok on an edge and can do a job in the middle. Ideally he is a backup, but at the moment he walks into the 17.

Jedi Tiger, Russtutty63, Joel Helmes and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Klemmer is atrocious. Shouldn't be in the 17.

Our halves tried their hearts out. Both lack some smarts in regards to breaking down the opposition to open up opportunities out wide but you can't fault how hard they tried today. They need a smart experienced coach to bring them along. I'd bring in Brad Arthur immediately.

I know that's harsh on Benji, but I believe it's the reality of the situation unfortunately. You can't turn this club around with no coaching experience.

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @doug-heffernan

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

Why would you shop him? I get it if he was on overs, but he is the perfect top 30 fill in player for his price. He plays ok on an edge and can do a job in the middle. Ideally he is a backup, but at the moment he walks into the 17.

If he was deep in the squad maybe you’d keep him but as you said he’s top 17 at the moment so we need to upgrade him and trust in some of the kids. At the moment the squad is full of youth or reserve graders. I’m shopping the reserve graders otherwise the squad has a limited ceiling 

ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Benji presser is worth watching

Very honest

Said it's on him - he needs to teach the playmakers how to manage a game.

Very honest that he is a first year coach and has a lot to learn and work on

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

Posted by: @tigerlily

Galvin needs to be in the 7 jumper. We look so much better with ball in hand.

Totally agree … I said this weeks ago. No 7 moving forward for mine 

Watch out for the bergs

ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

Posted by: @helmesy

Continue those one word submissions please 🙂

Passmark 

Watch out for the bergs

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Turning point

I do think this will be a turning point. 

Next 5 months it's about seeing the foundations for 2025.

Firstly we scored more than 2 tries. 

If we defend like we have been and attach like we did, then we'll be competitive. 

Good to see the younger guys getting a go. Benji start to keep players accountable by replacing with those younger, hungrier guys. 

Great to hear Benji puts his hand up and saying he'll with hard over bye to teach how to manage games.

Build the 2025 team around:

Api

Laui

Galvin

Sammy Fainu

Bula

Ute

Pole

Olam

Turuva

Jordan Miller 

Latu Fainu

TDS

This post was modified 3 weeks ago by Frullens

Top 8 2023

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tgrzmn)
Junior Pathways

My one word is Deceptive. I didn't see it until after the game but after being behind 20 to nil in 17 minutes we actually WON the next 63 minutes 28 to 22. Somehow we never looked like we were on top the whole time but that is a statistic that could be encouraging??? 

We're a 63 minute team at the moment. Or maybe some numbers do lie. 🤪 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@frullens One word COMING … a few wins coming up I think . I have a lot of time for someone who  speaks  with honesty… Benji done that and can only be respected for it ! He needs someone extra that knows what there doing in certain aspects of the coaching area .. Bennett and co surround themselves with professionals that make them look good hopefully next season this will happen if it was me it would be happening over the bye week ! If he doesn’t select the players that have let him down again and again and run with youth I see a better second half of the season !

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @frullens

Benji presser is worth watching

Very honest

Said it's on him - he needs to teach the playmakers how to manage a game.

Very honest that he is a first year coach and has a lot to learn and work on

I think that’s Benji all over, he understands the situation & doesn’t shy away from his own responsibilities, he certainly won’t place blame elsewhere & that’s a quality all the players would love in their boss. In my opinion he’s going to be a very good coach but he’s got the toughest gig in the NRL. 

Mike and Snake reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

In terms of Galvin & Sam combo if anyone watched much of Galvin in SG Ball you would’ve seen Galvin have a terrific combination with Sol Saukuru who at u19 level is a big centre so you had 2 big kids on that left edge terrorising many opposition defences. There’s little doubt the combination Galvin has with Sam is going to get better & when Jahream learns what they’re all about he too will be a threat there. If you also throw in a dangerous centre, and I’m not sure who, maybe Saukuru or Makasini as both have good size, that edge becomes very dangerous. And Kudos to Josh Feledy who had a solid game his 2nd start, not easy for him under the circumstances but he did his job pretty well. 

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 10 / 12
Share: