Notifications
Clear all

Wests Tigers team vs Melbourne Storm Round 4

Skippa13
(@skippa13)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @mickb

Posted by: @skippa13

I’m also worried wakeham will not deliver this weekend and we will well and truly be in a hole. Vossy made the point which I agree that the last 10mins of the dogs game were handled as poorly as the previous two weeks. We were on top and just needed someone to guide us around but ADs knock on just flowed into error after error, culminating in that horrible final set of one out hit ups. I hope I’m wrong and wakeham turns out to be a good temporary fix, but I’m scared this could go horribly wrong…

I heard Vossy as well. He was very critical of Wakeham which was a bizarre assessment in my view.

We played 2 and two-thirds matches with halves that displayed absolutely nothing. They performed poorly as individuals and as a pairing. Now is the time for change at 0-3.

Wakeham might not be a saviour but he did bring some order to the attack as soon as he came on. Vossy seemed to overlook that.

FWIW, Joel Caine had a similar view to Vossy on SEN this arvo. He said Wakeham is a handy back up and nothing more. He also suggested that the Tigers look to push Noffa out and do a swap deal for a backup half at another club.

Blake Taafe would be the only player I'd consider among NRL backups. I'd argue he's is a better player than Wakeham. We could probably throw Souths a forward too as they are very short atm. Maybe they would take Seyfarth?

100% agree we need to have wakeham in there this weekend as AD/brooks is woeful. I’m just worried we attributed too much credit of that golden 15mins in the second half to wakeham, and when we come up against a fresh storm pack the results might look a little different. If he flops and we look rudderless, we are literally down to waiting for week 10 will smith or benji strapping on the boots.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Jahrome Hughes found guilty…music to the ears.

Skippa13 and Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Gee it’s gonna be a long, long off season 😕🙁😞😔

Watch out for the bergs

ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

Why don’t we just wait and see how it goes . Dearden was a plodder and a reserve grader before he went to nqld. 
Walker was 26 and played for half the nswrl before he became a star . Hynes same for the qrl . Townsend was bog average before the warriors took a chance on him . Hughes was a fullback , Fogarty was another career qrl player who had a cup of coffee at the eels . 
O’Sullivan was a backup half at best at the roosters , warriors and panthers , and is now the starting half for an undefeated team . 
And apart from Dearden none have the pedigree that Wakeham brings with him . 

Maybe on Friday we strike oil ! And he’s the right player at the right time . 
Half the nrl halves had the same “reserve grader” tag at one point . 

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @tiger-symmetry

Jahrome Hughes found guilty…music to the ears.

this is great for us as he is a top shelf half and really keeps them calm. 

ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)

I’m not getting excited about Wakeham. I still think Doueihi is the better player even though he has had a shocking 3 weeks. Doueihi and the whole team need to slow things down a touch. Watching the game live it seemed that they were rushing the plays, it looked frantic. One of our leaders ( perhaps Api) needs to take control and settle things down, we are winning the middle but not taking advantage. Doueihi has to learn to be patient, take the hit when the pass is not on and play direct.

ReplyQuote
Tigerlily
(@tigerlily)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball Moderator

We are in trouble if Sheens thinks Seyfarth is a better option over Joffa even if his not fit, why not give young Matamua ago.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@tigerlily Perhaps Seyfarth is being used as a foil like last week,and Matamua has been named and is in the mix.In principle I agree with you but no doubt Joffa is below par.In fairness to Alex Seyfarth he performed pretty well against Newcastle and didn’t blot the copybook.With eight interchanges a team cannot afford to carry passengers.

lestronge reacted
ReplyQuote
Tigerlily
(@tigerlily)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball Moderator

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2023/03/22/player-presser---john-bateman/

Love Bateman’s competitiveness attitude would make a good Captain.

ReplyQuote
Salty
(@salty)
Junior Pathways

I’d like what Naden brings; skill, size, athletic, effort, aggression.

He’s had limited opportunities, and could do with some early ball.

I wonder if he could play fullback…?

The more he’s involved the better.

ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

Posted by: @salty

i made that suggestion last year too. Might be that he doesn’t want to. But yeah I believe he would be good there too.

Watch out for the bergs

ReplyQuote
Salty
(@salty)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @loganr21

Posted by: @salty

i made that suggestion last year too. Might be that he doesn’t want to. But yeah I believe he would be good there too.

I think he’d be better suited to fullback than Doueihi.

Naden is quicker with better footwork, and proven to be effective attacking both edges. Not sure on his ball playing, but has an effective flick pass.

ReplyQuote
(@greatodensraven)
Wests Tigers Supporter

1. @salty agree, he adds a bit of strike out wide, we just need to give him early ball so he has time to wind up. He’s shown he has a bit of toe plenty of times too.

Actually with AJ playing in the other centre role, given the form he is in, we have some good options either side. Hopefully they get the time to improve.

ReplyQuote
(@greatodensraven)
Wests Tigers Supporter

☝️ not sure where the “1.” came from sorry!

Can I just say, thank God for this forum. The other one has turned to garbage!

🐯💪

TigerSteve, Tiger5150, Russtutty63 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

hearing AD didn't train all week and  likely not playing 

I wonder who comes on to the bench

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 5
Share: