Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Injury report

Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Wests Tigers centre Tommy Talau has today undergone facial surgery after sustaining a broken nose in last Sunday’s game against Newcastle Knights.

Talau out for 3-4 weeks after suffering a broken nose against Knights
Talau out for 3-4 weeks after suffering a broken nose against Knights

Talau was forced to leave the field in the first half of the Round 2 match at Leichhardt Oval following a high tackle by Jackson Hastings, which was placed on report.

The 22-year-old missed all of the 2022 season due to injury and is expected to be out of action for 3-4 weeks. 

Jake Simpkin leaves the field after being knocked out against Knights
Jake Simpkin leaves the field after being knocked out against Knights

Hooker Jake Simpkin was also the victim of a high tackle late in the match against the Knights, which resulted in Jacob Saifiti being sent off. 

Simpkin will miss Sunday’s match against the Bulldogs (HIA protocols). No timeframe has been placed on when he is likely to return.

Daine Laurie will be sidelined with a knee injury for 1-2 weeks
Daine Laurie will be sidelined with a knee injury for 1-2 weeks

Daine Laurie sustained a low-grade medial ligament injury. He will be out for 1-2 weeks.

Maumalo suffers knee injury against the Raiders at Belmore
Maumalo suffers knee injury against the Raiders at Belmore

Winger Ken Maumalo is recovering from a knee injury he suffered in the opening minutes in the Pre-season Challenge against the Raiders at Belmore. He is expected to be available for selection in Round 4.

Injury Update: Round 2 | Wests Tigers

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Well Jacko offered him an on camera apology and cuddle so that should soften the blow

Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
Crowsnest
(@crowsnest)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Can someone show me the official announcement of AD and Naden's injuries.

All I can see is the club's physio's assessment.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @crowsnest

Can someone show me the official announcement of AD and Maden's injuries.

All I can see is the club's physio's assessment.

Havent seen one yet Crow. Assume it takes time to get scans and doctors reviews etc. Safe to say neither are playing for a while.

Crowsnest reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Crowsnest reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

ACL confirmed. Better news for Naden, it’s not a fracture and will be back in 2-4 weeks

Crowsnest reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

An injury update on Wests Tigers players Adam Doueihi and Brent Naden following Easter Monday's match against Parramatta Eels.

Scans have confirmed that Doueihi has suffered a high-grade partial tear of his ACL (left knee). 

Further medical investigations are required to determine the full extent of the injury and prognosis.

The Wests Tigers five-eighth sustained the injury late in the second half of his team’s Easter Monday loss to Parramatta Eels.   

Doueihi has ruptured the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee twice before, in 2018 when at South Sydney and in 2021 in his second year at Wests Tigers.

Brent Naden was also forced from the field on Easter Monday after injuring his shoulder when scoring a try in the 64th minute.

Naden has suffered a grade-three AC joint injury and is expected to be out for 2-4 weeks.

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Only a partial tear for AD

Crowsnest reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Anyone know what that means? No surgery ?

ReplyQuote
Crowsnest
(@crowsnest)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@tiger5150  yeh thanks mate, obviously I meant Naden not Madden 🤣

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Can really vary, surgery isn't always required for tears. Recovery can be completed in 3-6 months. I would be giving AD the season though.

Crowsnest reacted
ReplyQuote
Crowsnest
(@crowsnest)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @garry

Naden has suffered a grade-three AC joint injury and is expected to be out for 2-4 weeks.

I'm a genius, said that from the start. You can tell straight away if it was a collarbone break and he also fell on his shoulder blade.

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Can really vary, surgery isn't always required for tears. Recovery can be completed in 3-6 months. I would be giving AD the season though.

yeah I guess given it’s his third time they will want to be as safe as possible. 

Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @crowsnest

I'm a genius, said that from the start. You can tell straight away if it was a collarbone break and he also fell on his shoulder blade.

AC isnt the shoulder blade. Ive had an AC joint busted. Acromyoclavicular joint from memory. Its a bitch. Hurts and nothing can be done for it other than rest or total reconstruction. In my experience 2 weeks would be a miracle. its what ended Sterlings career.

ReplyQuote
Crowsnest
(@crowsnest)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @tiger5150

AC isnt the shoulder blade. Ive had an AC joint busted.

I didn't say it was mate, I said from the outset it wasn't a broken clavicle because it usually breaks from landing on your arm or elbow and not your shoulder blade. Also it sticks out like dogs bs. I've broken both and it's so easy to diagnose. I've also had a total shoulder replacement from impact injuries... different injury to a clavicle injury.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: