21. Daine Laurie
22. Alex Seyfarth
Coach: Tim Sheens

Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator
Topic starter  

Glad to see Matamua there but there is a lot that is utter bonkers.

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Blore 18th, To’a 17. mmmmm, scratches head. 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator
Topic starter  

Posted by: @mike

I don't understand it. I'm extremely confused.

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Tigerlily
(@tigerlily)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball Moderator

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Posted by: @mike

I don't understand it. I'm extremely confused.

Whats to understand its classic Sheens.

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Bench looks very strange.

Can only think that To'a is there as Bateman is under an injury cloud. If he doesn't make it, AJ would move to the back row and To'a to centre.

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

What’s happened with Blore. 

I can cop no changes to the starting side because I expected it but that bench will get us nowhere 

MickeyB reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Truly bizarre selections. Why on earth drop Shawn Blore?

The comments from Sheenius in the SMH this afternoon make it very very clear that Brooks is in the side no matter what.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/don-t-need-to-defend-brooksy-sheens-stays-loyal-bateman-cleared-20230328-p5cvx2.html

Brooks looked frustrated against Melbourne last Friday, but Sheens has been one of his biggest supporters, and said the best decision for the Tigers right now was to persevere with Brooks and Brandon Wakeham in the halves and Adam Doueihi in the No.1.

“I don’t need to defend ‘Brooksy’, he doesn’t need me to defend him, he’s a tough kid, [the criticism] would get to anyone, but every training session he turns up with a smile,” Sheens told the Herald on Tuesday.

“They [Brooks and Wakeham] have got the left- and right-footed kicking game, they play well on the left and right edge of the ruck, and with Adam at No.1, that allows him to pick his run, be it left or right. There’s no better [fullback] at the club.

“We need to make it work, and the only way to make it work is to give them time.”

By making these types of bold declarations he can't go back on his word and make changes.

He could have said

"im prepared to give the halves more time together before I make any changes." That way he leaves himself open to the possibility of doing so later.

In terms of sad, sorry team selections this is worse than when John Morris played halfback or when JT moved Kyle Lovett to the centres and Dean Whare ran past him for a hat-trick in 30 mins.

It's worse because our forwards and outside backs are performing well. We are winning the field position battle most weeks. We'd win games with any other halves combo IMO. Brooks incomptence is dragging moral to an all time low.

ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @dirty-reds

Can only think that To'a is there as Bateman is under an injury cloud. If he doesn't make it, AJ would move to the back row and To'a to centre.

If Bateman does not play we could run Blore in the second row also but I take your point.

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @mickb

Posted by: @dirty-reds

If Bateman does not play we could run Blore in the second row also but I take your point.

Yep don't think Blore has done much wrong. Just trying to make sense out of a strange situation.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@the-last-ronin AJ to second row, Bateman out I am guessing

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@the-last-ronin AJ to second row, Bateman out I am guessing

I’d rather slot Blore straight in and leave AJ in the centres. 

ReplyQuote
Skippa13
(@skippa13)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

“... with Adam at No.1, that allows him to pick his run, be it left or right. There’s no better [fullback] at the club.

That doesn't look good for Laurie. Surely Staines is no.2 in the pecking order, then Bula in round 10 comes into contention. His only way back would be through injury or icing a utility role off the bench, but last weeks game shows he isn't well suited to that. It will be interesting to see how he performs in NSW Cup...

Mac_Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
Skippa13
(@skippa13)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

In terms of sad, sorry team selections this is worse than when John Morris played halfback or when JT moved Kyle Lovett to the centres and Dean Whare ran past him for a hat-trick in 30 mins.

Mate, why did you have to dig up the Kyle Lovett example? I remember that game/decision and it still hurts to think about. It makes me want to go and make a list of the 5 worst positional selections in WT history. Maybe top 10, otherwise it would just be a list filled with Daniel Fitzhenry. A project for the off season.

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@skippa13 I'd say Laurie is gonski and probably by mid season at a guess, some club will have injuries and space

Skippa13 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 4
Share: