Clear all

Wests Tigers Team vs Brisbane Broncos Round 5

Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @loganr21

Posted by: @tiger5150

Posted by: @frullens

Hoping Joffa finds his strength and form.

But if he did - Barring injuries - who would Joffa replace in our 17?

For me it would be abetween Twal and Joffa?

Sums up the paradox of this team. We are playing rubbish, worse than last year, but our best forward from last year cant force his way into the squad.

imo should have been named captain. Something is seriously up I’m reckoning. Whether he has said something or doesn’t agree with, but he should be in the 17.

Honestly, I just think he is lacking fitness from no preseason.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @garry

Sums up the paradox of this team. We are playing rubbish, worse than last year, but our best forward from last year cant force his way into the squad.

imo should have been named captain. Something is seriously up I’m reckoning. Whether he has said something or doesn’t agree with, but he should be in the 17.

He’s a seasoned first grader Garry. He should be right and was named 18th man anyway. Something isn’t right with ‘the Joff’ might be something to with when our coach was at red hill. 

Keep steering the right path

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Since he was 18th up in Brisbane will he play reserves this week? The game is at 1pm today in Sydney. I doubt it which doesn’t help his fitness at all. He was our best last year and should be playing imo. 

LoganR21 reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

Since he was 18th up in Brisbane will he play reserves this week? The game is at 1pm today in Sydney. I doubt it which doesn’t help his fitness at all. He was our best last year and should be playing imo. 

Daine Laurie played last week after playing in Melbourne the night before so I would expect him to play if they can get him back in time.

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Daine Laurie played last week after playing in Melbourne the night before so I would expect him to play if they can get him back in time.

I was more thinking he wouldn’t make it back in time. Hopefully he does as he needs a run and to show his value. 

half our players have dropped off a cliff this year 

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

I was more thinking he wouldn’t make it back in time. Hopefully he does as he needs a run and to show his value. 

half our players have dropped off a cliff this year 

Laurie made it after flying back from Melbourne.

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

Joffa played, Magpies up 22-10 with 4 mins left

ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)

Joffa needs to be in the team for mine and Pole to the bench with Twal missing out. I didn’t see much of Pole last night apart from one nice run, needs to get his work rate up. 

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @eastiemagpie

Joffa needs to be in the team for mine and Pole to the bench with Twal missing out. I didn’t see much of Pole last night apart from one nice run, needs to get his work rate up. 

Agree. I think both those players offer more than Twal. Joffa was our best last year and should be in the side. 

Eastiemagpie reacted
ReplyQuote
Skippa13
(@skippa13)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I was at the game last night sitting in the supporters bay and must say, it was one of the most painful game day experiences I’ve had to endure, and not because of the football. My expectations going to the game were obviously very low. I was expecting a 20-30 point margin as it was first vs last. Was expecting our halves and fullback to struggle because that what they’ve done ad infinitum. Was expecting the broncos fans to get into the game because it’s their home and they’re playing good footy.

what I wasn’t prepared for was the barrage of negativity from tigers fans. Right from the warm up and run on it was very quiet but as soon as the first try was scored things got nasty. And it went beyond the obvious brooks/ad bashing, like “klem is a waste of money”, “run harder papilii”, “you’re a bludger Staines”, etc. I have removed all the f and c bombs to keep it PG. People were feeding off each other too, including myself where I felt the need to turn around and spray another fan for carrying on like a twat. It was just an angry, abusive atmosphere and not somewhere I want to hang out in the future. Not sure if it’s any better in our Sydney venues but certainly missed any sense of comraderie, passion, humour or resilience…

ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

@skippa13 sorry to hear that Skip

The fans are frustrated which I get, but never condone that behaviour.

Top 8 2023

Skippa13 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @skippa13

I was at the game last night sitting in the supporters bay and must say, it was one of the most painful game day experiences I’ve had to endure, and not because of the football. My expectations going to the game were obviously very low. I was expecting a 20-30 point margin as it was first vs last. Was expecting our halves and fullback to struggle because that what they’ve done ad infinitum. Was expecting the broncos fans to get into the game because it’s their home and they’re playing good footy.

what I wasn’t prepared for was the barrage of negativity from tigers fans. Right from the warm up and run on it was very quiet but as soon as the first try was scored things got nasty. And it went beyond the obvious brooks/ad bashing, like “klem is a waste of money”, “run harder papilii”, “you’re a bludger Staines”, etc. I have removed all the f and c bombs to keep it PG. People were feeding off each other too, including myself where I felt the need to turn around and spray another fan for carrying on like a twat. It was just an angry, abusive atmosphere and not somewhere I want to hang out in the future. Not sure if it’s any better in our Sydney venues but certainly missed any sense of comraderie, passion, humour or resilience…

Exactly the same at Leichhardt Rounds 1 & 2. I think the club and fans are on a precipice.

Mike and Skippa13 reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @skippa13

Campbelltown will be interesting in a couple of weeks. Hopefully everyone has come to terms with what is happening to this season 

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 4
Share: