(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

https://www.instagram.com/p/CooVxtWODkS/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

LoganR21
(@loganr21)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Well well well Lucky Luke is still being rested for the 2nd trial. Does anyone feel like me and worried about the number of injuries this guy is having? To think Jacko has been fit for Newcastle’s two trials. Have we kept the lemon??

Keep steering the right path

Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

I am surprised no brooks, joffa, api. Bizarre. Also why talau in centres over AJ?

Anyway....

LoganR21 reacted
(@eastiemagpie)

Strange looking team with the new faces. i hope the boys find some cohesion.

Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

I am surprised no brooks, joffa, api. Bizarre. Also why talau in centres over AJ?

Anyway....

We’ll see what the team is like as if those were injured. Hope we don’t get flogged. Attack looks meh with the two spine players missing. 

The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Much stronger side than last week. I’m surprised by Talau in the centres as it looks like the rest are round 1 players. Staines on the bench could mean Laurie gets a run in the halves in this one. 

Joel Helmes reacted
(@jedi-tiger)

@avocadoontoast the other forum said Api has a calf or leg issue but seem confident Api, Brooks and Joffa will all be fit for round 1

Really hoping no injury to Douihie in this trial or Laurie otherwise we are in big trouble

(@jedi-tiger)

@loganr21 Sheens probably realises no 7 if he goes down so no point risking him.

LoganR21 reacted
(@russtutty63)

Nope, I think this is a pretty ordinary looking side on paper at least. About $2.5 million (more I think) of our cap on the sideline. Api and Brooksy will be so important for our attack so smells to me of a Shifty Sheens tactic to not give too much away right now.  Hopefully these guys can mix it with a pretty strong looking Raiders team but no surprise to see a comfortable win to the Raiders here. 

This post was modified 1 year ago by Russtutty63

Salty
(@salty)
Junior Pathways

I hope we can avoid the preseason wooden spoon. 

Mercy Rule reacted
Skippa13
(@skippa13)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Twal at lock stands out. Will be interesting to see if he rotated out for Tuki or matamua or both.

and I know seyfarth is a placeholder for Bateman, but I would have preferred giving tumeth or blore a start. Someone else on the chat said it in another thread, but seyfarth inspires no confidence despite his obvious passion and strong work ethic. His 2-3 penalties and brain farts each game kills us.

Joel Helmes reacted
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @skippa13

Twal at lock stands out. Will be interesting to see if he rotated out for Tuki or matamua or both.

and I know seyfarth is a placeholder for Bateman, but I would have preferred giving tumeth or blore a start. Someone else on the chat said it in another thread, but seyfarth inspires no confidence despite his obvious passion and strong work ethic. His 2-3 penalties and brain farts each game kills us.

I don't mind Twal at lock as I don't think Matamua is quite ready and I think this means we will see Joffa in the 13 come round 1 which I think is the best option early in the season.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Joel Helmes and Skippa13 reacted
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @loganr21

Well well well Lucky Luke is still being rested for the 2nd trial. Does anyone feel like me and worried about the number of injuries this guy is having? To think Jacko has been fit for Newcastle’s two trials. Have we kept the lemon??

I'm not sure anyone feels like you, except you.

I hope both Brooks and Hastings have injury-free seasons and their relative merits to the success of their teams can be judged accordingly.

(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

LoganR21 and Joel Helmes reacted
(@jedi-tiger)

so Sheens interview on 2gb said he didn't want to risk Brooks and Api as both have injuries Api from last Friday and brooks from last year (completing training though).  We better not get injuries this week ...

From the interview apparently new guys klemmer and Papali polled well in leadership discussions 

Joel Helmes reacted
Page 1 / 3
Share: