Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Trial 2 Team list vs the Canberra Raiders

Skippa13
(@skippa13)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

so Sheens interview on 2gb said he didn't want to risk Brooks and Api as both have injuries Api from last Friday and brooks from last year (completing training though).  We better not get injuries this week ...

From the interview apparently new guys klemmer and Papali polled well in leadership discussions 

I was running my eyes over the Fox Sports injury list for all teams and we are looking very good in comparison to others. We should start round 1 full strength (touch wood). Think this time last year we had AD, talau and blore gone for extended periods, and it didn’t take long for others to follow them. Hopefully we can sustain the fitness for the majority of the year.

LoganR21
(@loganr21)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@loganr21 Sheens probably realises no 7 if he goes down so no point risking him.

I suppose rd1 is still 3 weeks away but would have been good to get our full spine out in a true hitout. Api’s must also be precautionary aswell. 
Ohh‼️‼️to being a supporter of this club and wanting success soon. It’s driving me crazy. 

Keep steering the right path

Jedi Tiger reacted
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@loganr21 I am in 2 minds either play the full strength team to get combinations or do not play any of them. 

If AD goes down we are just as stuffed as we would he if Brooks or Api went down with injury. 

I guess Sheens realises we have zero cover at 7 which is poor recruiting in getting wakeham 

(@russtutty63)

@loganr21 I am in 2 minds either play the full strength team to get combinations or do not play any of them. 

If AD goes down we are just as stuffed as we would he if Brooks or Api went down with injury. 

I guess Sheens realises we have zero cover at 7 which is poor recruiting in getting wakeham 

Is it poor recruiting in signing Wakeham when he hasn’t had a chance to bed himself in? He would’ve been training about 3 or 4 weeks after the World Cup and this will be his 2nd trial which he will need. I know a lot of people have made their mind up, and in truth I think something similar, but surely he needs to be given more time.

This post was modified 1 year ago by Russtutty63

WT2040 reacted
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

Posted by: @russtutty63

Is it poor recruiting in signing Wakeham when he hasn’t had a chance to bed himself in? He would’ve been training about 3 or 4 weeks after the World Cup and this will be his 2nd trial which he will need. I know a lot of people have made their mind up, and in truth I think something similar, but surely he needs to be given more time.

might have been better signing up our co coach in Benjamin. Honestly I’d love a gig at this joint

LoganR21
(@loganr21)

Posted by: @loganr21

might have been better signing up our co coach in Benjamin. Honestly I’d love a gig at this joint

remember his last contract was the only coach that would touch him. 

(@russtutty63)

Definitely not.

(@russtutty63)

remember his last contract was the only coach that would touch him. 

I’ve no idea if he can be a good back up half, no idea at all but I’ll defend his right to be given a chance. I want to see what he can do after a month or two at the club. Do you think he deserves that chance? 

LoganR21
(@loganr21)

Definitely not.

why do you say that…might be better than our ex Canterbury signing and ‘the myth’ in Brooks

LoganR21
(@loganr21)

@russtutty63 I’m talking B Marshall..he seems to like joining in at training. Might be fitter than our incombant

(@russtutty63)

@russtutty63 I’m talking B Marshall..he seems to like joining in at training. Might be fitter than our incombant

Because Benji is a coach, he needs to devote all his energies to learning about what it will take to be a very good coach of this lot when he takes over, no distractions, just coaching and taking in as much as he can now. He needs to know as much about the pathways, the young blokes coming through, recruitment, staffing, programming, planning and so on and so forth. He’ll have plenty to do.

TigerSteve reacted
(@russtutty63)

Because Benji is a coach, he needs to devote all his energies to learning about what it will take to be a very good coach of this lot when he takes over, no distractions, just coaching and taking in as much as he can now. He needs to know as much about the pathways, the young blokes coming through, recruitment, staffing, programming, planning and so on and so forth. He’ll have plenty to do.

Benji’s job right now is not to play but help makes guys like Wakeham a better player. Whether people think he can or he can’t is irrelevant, he simply deserves the chance to show that he can.

TigerSteve and Mike reacted
Barra
(@barra)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Unfortunately I'm feeling a bit negative about this one... with no Api, Joe or Bateman I think we'll get rolled in the middle by the Raiders forwards yet again. Seyfarth starting, so help me!!!
No Brooks means less speed in the halves and together with no Api means less attacking prowess.

Hate to see it but I see another flogging coming our way.

Mike reacted
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @barra

Unfortunately I'm feeling a bit negative about this one... with no Api, Joe or Bateman I think we'll get rolled in the middle by the Raiders forwards yet again. Seyfarth starting, so help me!!!
No Brooks means less speed in the halves and together with no Api means less attacking prowess.

Hate to see it but I see another flogging coming our way.

Im with you Barra. Listening to the pod this morning, I obviously agree intellectually that trials dont matter and we get no points for a trial, but I need to see something positive. Some indication that we are going to take the step up we need. The first trial shocked me with how far we are behind. Yes it was mostly our reggies but they are so far behind other clubs back ups its not funny. We have zero depth, particularly in the halves (we dont even necessarily have strong first choice halves).

We need some improvement off the bat. For the fans, but also for the new recruits to buy into the club and what we can be. Last thing we need is Api & Papi to go into their shell thinking "what have I done?".

LoganR21 and Barra reacted
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

@tiger5150 our lack of depth across the park is a big concern. We’ve recruited well at the top end but our back ups just aren’t up to it (as we saw last year)

Tiger5150 reacted
Page 2 / 3
Share: