Wests Tigers Podcas...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Wests Tigers Podcast episode 0324

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

We take a look at the ridiculous Lee Hagipantelis letter to the club and put the performance against the Bulldogs under the microscope.  https://weststigerspodcast.com.au/wests-tigers-podcast-0324/

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

I’ve thought about the issue of belief, confidence etc in regards to the Tigers a lot over the past year or two. I think it plays a huge part in any sport whether it be team or individual sport. You might not be the most talented but if you believe that you can win no matter who you’re competing against & no matter what circumstances you might face, adversity etc you will win more than you lose. You could also be the most talented but if you lack belief to any degree you will find it hard to win as often as you could against the opponent who doesn’t lack belief. Mental toughness is essential when it comes to succeeding at any level of competition. All of this begs the question of whether or not the club has ever looked into employing the services of an expert in the field of sports psychology. Just thinking outside the box can sometimes help when you’re struggling.

ReplyQuote
(@davey-farrell)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

i thought Steve said it perfectly on the podcast, absolute embarrassment, spoilt little brat, no class and loves to be centre of attention which he is not getting anymore, good ridence !!

MickeyB, TigerSteve, Joel Helmes and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Posted by: @russtutty63

I’ve thought about the issue of belief, confidence etc in regards to the Tigers a lot over the past year or two. I think it plays a huge part in any sport whether it be team or individual sport. You might not be the most talented but if you believe that you can win no matter who you’re competing against & no matter what circumstances you might face, adversity etc you will win more than you lose. You could also be the most talented but if you lack belief to any degree you will find it hard to win as often as you could against the opponent who doesn’t lack belief. Mental toughness is essential when it comes to succeeding at any level of competition. All of this begs the question of whether or not the club has ever looked into employing the services of an expert in the field of sports psychology. Just thinking outside the box can sometimes help when you’re struggling.

the dolphins are an excellent example of this

ReplyQuote
(@peter-a)

@russtutty63 

Could not agree more as my one word this week Fortitude 

Mental fortitude is something we lack. Benji has it in truck loads can he pass it onto the players time will tell!

ReplyQuote
(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Didn’t get to see the game live,but having done so I’ve just emerged from my padded cell.My one word from the Panthers game was Officiation,the same word could apply for the Bulldogs game,but instead my belated word is “Badgered”!

Mike and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Very curious to see whether Badger is assigned a whistle for this week.

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @tiger-symmetry

I can’t see her not getting another go this week.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

LoganR21 reacted
ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

Posted by: @helmesy

Surely the NRL aren’t that silly 🤪 

Keep steering the right path

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @loganr21

Posted by: @helmesy

Surely the NRL aren’t that silly 🤪 

I can see the NRL not missing the opportunity to virtue signal. All eyes will be on them.

Joel Helmes and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@peter-a)

I believe she got Roosters v Warriors. Let’s see if Robinson can hold his tongue if decision go against them!

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Just wanted to write to give Eddie a pat on the back for one of the comments he made on this pod.

There was a discussion about our roster and you made the point - "imagine if we still had Joffa and Shawn Blore in our top 17 instead of say Seyfarth and Twal."

I think that really sums up how close this team could be. We let go of Joffa and Blore last year and the same year re-signed Seyfarth and Twal. Simply inexcusable. Pascoe would tell anyone who'd listen about his Recruitment & Retention Committee but I can only imagine Blind Freddy was the Chairman to have re-signed both these blokes on multi year deals!

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @russtutty63

Yes to some extent I agree with you. At the end of the day, our roster isn't strong enough. You watch out team warm up on the field last Saturday and you cannot see belief and confidence permeating through the players. This comes from having tough, talented players alongside you. We don't have enough of those types.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: