Wests Tigers Podcas...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Wests Tigers Podcast episode 0322

(@admin)
Wests Tigers Supporter Admin
Topic starter  

On this edition we discuss the signing of Fijian-flyer, Sunia Turuva, re-signing of Shane Richardson and take a deep-dive into the loss against the Broncos on Saturday night. https://weststigerspodcast.com.au/wests-tigers-podcast-0322/

LoganR21
(@loganr21)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

In reference to Joel saying we are lacking in size… I think it’s more about the intent of our players runs. Our confidence level is gradually getting lower also. Our coaches have to really monitor this and get these guys up for the occasion. 

Keep steering the right path

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Interesting comments regarding the squad, the need to add here or there & the young guys there now & coming in next season. If you were to look at the 2 best teams last 2 years, Broncos & Panthers they’re not full of players they’ve bought from other clubs, they’re mainly juniors & you could argue those juniors are the best players in those teams, Reynolds the exception at the Broncos. You would also think they’ll be very successful for the next few years at least. The Storm at very good at bringing through young players who turn into diamonds too. I would not think Kevin Walters is a great coach but he is good enough to work with the great talent at that club. It seems that they use their great talent pool well & that’s what we must do to compete with them. But they’ve got quite a few years start on us. 

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by Russtutty63

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

IMO the problem with Stef isn't consistency, it's that he's a bit of a downhill skier. Fantastic against underwhelming packs, but put him up against a decent middle and he's easily dominated. The last few weeks he's been terrible.

Bula has good attributes but he needs to lift his game. Bit lazy.

Bateman/Ice both struggling. Ice has been a complete bust as a signing. Bateman better on an edge than in the middle.

Alaimalo was good. Impressive.

Don't get the hype around Naden at all. 

Sam Fainu will end up being a representative edge backrower imo.

Klemmer is trying hard and runs good metres, but he's on the decline.

Twal/Seyfarth are playing as well as they can, but they can't both be in the 17 if we're going to ever challenge for finals. Preference would be for neither to be good enough.

Staines not good enough for 1st grade.

Sezer looks done.

This week i'd be putting in Matamua at 13, Bateman and Sam Fainu on the edge, Ice to reserve grade. Fainu and Galvin starting in halves.

Eastiemagpie and Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
(@boonboon)
Junior Pathways

Not the best pod. 

Feels like the team have drifted away from genuine analysis by educated fans to a line up of people waiting to push their agendas no matter the reality. 

Team had a huge year in 2024 which buys some time but ....

If this type of form continues in 2024 not sure if we should re-sign this podcast for 2025. 

Gary probably still performing strongly with good detail but the other 2 need to lift or drift 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Posted by: @boonboon

Not the best pod. 

Feels like the team have drifted away from genuine analysis by educated fans to a line up of people waiting to push their agendas no matter the reality. 

If this type of form continues in 2024 not sure if we should re-sign this podcast for 2025. 

Gary probably still performing strongly with good detail but the other 2 need to lift or drift 

I listened to the pod this morning and I didn't get a sense of agenda's at all. Was just their opinions, which is what a pod is?

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Not the best pod. 

What agenda?

My main points from the pod:

We need more strike, muscle and speed as a team.

We need to back Richardson and grow as a club.

I’m sick of our club losing and being in the doldrums.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Lorenzo reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lorenzo)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @helmesy

Not the best pod. 

What agenda?

My main points from the pod:

We need more strike, muscle and speed as a team.

We need to back Richardson and grow as a club.

I’m sick of our club losing and being in the doldrums.

And there is a forum here to challenge any views/agendas you may not agree with. Plenty of polarizing views related to WT at the moment and probably until they start having some consistent success. Its a healthy debate....and probably why I prefer this forum to the other one, members on here tend to be more polite and tolerant of other people's views and the Pod does generally focus on the important topics and quote some comments from the forum.

Joel Helmes and Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I thought the Bula discussion was pretty good. He's definitely plateaued a bit - hoping he can get his form and confidence back asap. 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Not the best pod. 

it is opinions don't really think agendas are at play. Very good pod compared to the other one that is out there deadset amateur hour.

I disagree re sezer I think given he likely will not be at the club next year time for him to go now, each game is getting worse. Roll the dice and see if latu fainu has what it takes to keep and play in halves, he is not a backup hooker. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Not the best pod. 

it is opinions don't really think agendas are at play. Very good pod compared to the other one that is out there deadset amateur hour.

I disagree re sezer I think given he likely will not be at the club next year time for him to go now, each game is getting worse. Roll the dice and see if latu fainu has what it takes to keep and play in halves, he is not a backup hooker. 

I’ve only listened to half the pod but didn’t get the vibe of any agendas. 

I agree would like to see Latu have a go in the halves and not just come on for pointless minutes at the end. 

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Not the best pod. 

Scratching my head over the supposed agendas. maybe you could define the agendas for us?

ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

IMO the problem with Stef isn't consistency, it's that he's a bit of a downhill skier. Fantastic against underwhelming packs, but put him up against a decent middle and he's easily dominated. The last few weeks he's been terrible.

Bula has good attributes but he needs to lift his game. Bit lazy.

Bateman/Ice both struggling. Ice has been a complete bust as a signing. Bateman better on an edge than in the middle.

Alaimalo was good. Impressive.

Don't get the hype around Naden at all. 

Sam Fainu will end up being a representative edge backrower imo.

Klemmer is trying hard and runs good metres, but he's on the decline.

Twal/Seyfarth are playing as well as they can, but they can't both be in the 17 if we're going to ever challenge for finals. Preference would be for neither to be good enough.

Staines not good enough for 1st grade.

Sezer looks done.

This week i'd be putting in Matamua at 13, Bateman and Sam Fainu on the edge, Ice to reserve grade. Fainu and Galvin starting in halves.

Your summation is very similar to my thinking. My only point of difference is pushing Ice to the bench rather than reserve grade. If he fails to add punch off the bench then punt him.

Avo and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tgrzmn)
Junior Pathways

@boonboon After listening closely to this pod I sort of see where you're coming from as several of the points being brought up seem to be the same over the past few weeks and could present to some as being just pushing agendas but I rather think that circumstances have remained the same and so the same responses and suggested solutions are still relevant. 

The only agenda I get from this forum and podcast that is consistently being promoted by the team is "How can we get this club to improve and this team to be successful????!!!!"

Keep it up guys it's what we all want.

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: