Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Wests Tigers Podcast Episode 0311 Gary Barnier Interview

Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Wests Tigers Bonus Episode Gary Barnier Interview.

On this special bonus edition of the Wests Tigers Podcast, Garry Watson and Steve Stretton are joined by Gary Barnier, one of the two people responsible for conducting the review that led to massive changes at the Wests Tigers.

In a wide-ranging discussion Gary takes us through his role into the review, how the review came about, the process that was involved in conducting the review and the presentation and acceptance from the Holman Barnes Group.

The discussion then turns to the implementation of the review, the role Shane Richardson is playing as CEO and finally any roadblocks that have the potential to cause the club to slip backwards in the process already made.

Finally, the guys discuss the recent changes at board level in the Holman Barnes Group and if those changes have any chance of effecting the direction of the club and the implementation of the review's recommendations.

What does the new chair of the Holman Barnes Group need to do to ensure the stability of the Wests Tigers?

Eddie and the boys will return later in the week for our regular midweek game preview, but we hope you enjoy this special bonus episode of the Wests Tigers Podcast.

Wests Tigers Podcast 0311 | Wests Tigers Podcast

https://omny.fm/shows/wests-tigers-podcast/wests-tigers-podcast-0311

This topic was modified 1 month ago by Garry

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

(@dirty-reds)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Wow, great get. 

Looking forward to listening to what he has to say. 

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @dirty-reds

Wow, great get. 

Looking forward to listening to what he has to say. 

Some crucial information in this pod.

ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Great pod. Some very interesting observations and information we would never have known.

PS I wasn’t aware of the changes to the HB board, these could have serious implications moving forward.

TigerSteve reacted
ReplyQuote
Enumerator
(@enumerator)
Junior Pathways

Well.done lads,

Great get. Listening now.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

great pod guys very good listen

interesting the new chairman for HBG and Deputy speculation only but I wonder if one of the changes in the strat plan is wests tigers in all grades and certain directors perhaps are not happy with that ?

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @eastiemagpie

PS I wasn’t aware of the changes to the HB board, these could have serious implications moving forward

It's very important that the Holman Barnes Group is explicit in there position on implementing the changes of the review.

I do believe that they have made comments about supporting the review tonight but they need to be even more clear about this.

received 940087521119215

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Really good chat guys, well done.

It is absolutely imperative that the HBG doesn’t flinch or change course now.

This is make or break time.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@snake)

Well that pod in a way is very depressing … 2 of the directors that were in charge and moved on were in charge of the worst period this club has endured..one is the new chair and one is the deputy of the owners of the club . If any supporter thinks there is anything positive about this think again , it’s all about to go down the toilet the good days have been short lived ! I am so angry now that I have taken out membership again . If the recommendations are not enacted by this new board the NRL needs to move in and take the licence away from the club …. this could well be the death knell of this club !

This post was modified 1 month ago by Snake

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@yanni)
Junior Pathways

After listening to the pod and hearing new chair and dep chair of hbg who we’re on the former WT board I am now concerned that there not willing to follow through with the recommendations 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kiwitiger)
Junior Pathways

Wow not going to lie...listen to the mid week pod for Eddie...and no Eddie. 

Seriously, good pod guys. I'm not going to lie. I am still concerned about our direction

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @snake

Well that pod in a way is very depressing … 2 of the directors that were in charge and moved on were in charge of the worst period this club has endured..one is the new chair and one is the deputy of the owners of the club . If any supporter thinks there is anything positive about this think again , it’s all about to go down the toilet the good days have been short lived ! I am so angry now that I have taken out membership again . If the recommendations are not enacted by this new board the NRL needs to move in and take the licence away from the club …. this could well be the death knell of this club !

It's a big concern. Richardson won't suffer fools and won't hang around to have a fight with these people.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Wests Ashfield is full of numpties and elects numpties to be new chair. This isn’t news. I find it highly unlikely they will walk back the reforms. If they do then it’s time to panic. Until then, embrace the new direction of the football club. 

Dirty Reds reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Wests Ashfield is full of numpties and elects numpties to be new chair. This isn’t news. I find it highly unlikely they will walk back the reforms. If they do then it’s time to panic. Until then, embrace the new direction of the football club. 

If Gary Barnier felt it was important enough to raise publicly then I think it is important that the Holman Barnes Group reaffirm it's position.

TigerSteve reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

It sounded to me that Gary didn’t really know what to think. That could be bad, could be fine, he didn’t know. Gary talks about “reserve powers” of the owner and perhaps things like NSW cup naming rights is a reserve power. It sounds dumb to me but if WA cares so much about being called magpies then let them have it and let’s move on. As long as O’Farrell and Richo are left to run the Wests Tigers I could care less what colour socks the team has.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3
Share: