Wests Tigers Podcas...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Wests Tigers Podcast episode 0271

The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Given Lee’s form for sending agitated text messages to fans who have criticised him before I’m interested to hear how he responds to this. It was a fair, balanced and justified conversation but his history across all media has shown he can not handle criticism which is part of his problem as a leader. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

Given Lee’s form for sending agitated text messages to fans who have criticised him before I’m interested to hear how he responds to this. It was a fair, balanced and justified conversation but his history across all media has shown he can not handle criticism which is part of his problem as a leader. 

Nothing received so far.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @helmesy

Nothing received so far.

what about from your email to Justin? 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Topic starter  

@the-last-ronin

cookie cutter response imo.

IMG 2298
This post was modified 10 months ago by Joel Helmes

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

@the-last-ronin

IMG 2298

I know others that have received a very similar response.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

@helmesy definitely a cut and paste job. So unfortunate, so many fans must be jumping ship but all they can say is let’s all go down together. 

Signing off with ‘Jp’ and that signature block just screams unprofessional 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mattvtiger)
Junior Pathways

The media narrative appears to have settled on Sheens being the problem, not the people who signed off on him being hired.

The club move from scapegoat to scapegoat with impunity. 

We appear to have a very short-lived messiah complex. Cleary to Maguire to Hartigan to Sheens to Fulton to Benji.

Throw in a Centre of Excellence in the mix.

We are getting served up lie and spin in a hope that we renew membership, we buy the jersey, we secure sponsors or buy tickets for the next game. 

You guys said it best on the pod, we cannot stick to a plan. We lack focus and discipline to block out the outside noise and do the work.

It highlights that the direction of the club is driven by self-preservation and media narrative. 

The CEO and Chairmen are political animals. They will ride this out til the media find new targets or the season ends and we all rebuild our hope for next season.

Then it begins again. This year will be different because [insert new hope, signing, coach] and round we will go again.

We need to keep the pressure up. Sign petitions, avoid going to games, keep pushing through socials, media, whatever we need to do to force change..

nztigerinoz reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

@the-last-ronin

IMG 2298

That’s a response from someone who is completely clueless and out of ideas 

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

@the-last-ronin

IMG 2298

That’s a response from someone who is completely clueless and out of ideas 

Yep, and signing it JP - way too casual.

Frullens reacted
ReplyQuote
nztigerinoz
(@nztiger)
Junior Pathways

Good show boys.

yes, it is extremely embarrassing being a Wests Tigers supporters the last 11-12 years. I was getting jabs left right and centre from friends. This is the first time where I have been beyond caring and happy to see the club roll over and die, I’m that angry.

Of course I pray the club manages to fix its issues and becoming a powerhouse in the NRL but that just seems like a pipe dream now.

What is even more deeply concerning is that we are finding it extremely hard to find players who want to play for us 😞

co-Founder of Extreme Tipping
Only $25aud season entry!
​extremetipping.com.au
Join Code is: extreme2024 (Case sensitive!)

Joel Helmes and LoganR21 reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @nztiger

What is even more deeply concerning is that we are finding it extremely hard to find players who want to play for us 😞

Why would you want to play for us. This is where careers go to die

ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

that signature block just screams unprofessional

CEO should be capitalised not Ceo

I'm not one who is prefect with spelling - but you'd think the signature should be proofed 

Top 8 2023

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@chook)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Good pod guys. I know it must be tough to continually come on and talk about this club after so many weeks, months and years of failure. Everyone is frustrated but I just wanted to say again, absolutely appreciate and feel privileged to be able to listen twice a week.

ReplyQuote
(@kenny4517)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Great podcast guys. It sums up the mood of all supporters of this great club. Unfortunately I went to Townsville with my wife to watch that debacle first hand.
I’ve never felt so embarrassed to be wearing our jersey after that game. I’m not even sure after 32 years of supporting the tigers,I can keep following/ supporting this team if next year is the same.!

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @chook

Good pod guys. I know it must be tough to continually come on and talk about this club after so many weeks, months and years of failure. Everyone is frustrated but I just wanted to say again, absolutely appreciate and feel privileged to be able to listen twice a week.

Thank you 

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3
Share: