Wests Tigers Podcas...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Wests Tigers Podcast episode 0271

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

We've gone past the point of no return. Catch this edition of the Wests Tigers Podcast to hear our thoughts on what should happen next (this week) with our club. https://weststigerspodcast.com.au/wests-tigers-podcast-0271/

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

A very good and important pod guys. There seems to be an almost unanimous feeling out there within the fan base that it's time for Lee and Justin to move on. Their tenure at the club is a classic example of 'weak men create hard times'.

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Great pod, focusing on the real issues at the Wests Tigers.

Suggestion Box:

1) Start a petition on getting an external review of the club.

2) Start a petition requesting Pascoe to resign. 

3) Start a petition requesting Lee to step down as chair. 

Encourage everyone to sign all three. Get enough signatures and something may happen. You could then present the petitions to Wests Ashfield saying enough voices have spoken and action is needed.

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @mike

Great pod, focusing on the real issues at the Wests Tigers.

Suggestion Box:

1) Start a petition on getting an external review of the club.

2) Start a petition requesting Pascoe to resign. 

3) Start a petition requesting Lee to step down as chair. 

Encourage everyone to sign all three. Get enough signatures and something may happen. You could then present the petitions to Wests Ashfield saying enough voices have spoken and action is needed.

Good idea, an electronic petition I guess?

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

@helmesy Yes… Then post them all over Socials

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

About half an hour in and it’s a hard listen because it’s all so true. I can’t see change coming from anywhere apart from the usual let’s change track just for the sake of it. 

in terms of membership I’m also stopping the roll over and in doubt for next year. 

I can’t see where future fans come from as I’m on the it’s embarrassing supporting this club wagon. 

Joel Helmes and Peter A reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

About half an hour in and it’s a hard listen because it’s all so true. I can’t see change coming from anywhere apart from the usual let’s change track just for the sake of it. 

in terms of membership I’m also stopping the roll over and in doubt for next year. 

I can’t see where future fans come from as I’m on the it’s embarrassing supporting this club wagon. 

I only have general admission membership rather than seats, but there’s no chance I’ll be renewing.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kades79)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Joel,

I am a rusted on Wests Tigers supporter, having followed Balmain since the mid 60's and embraced the merger and Wests Tigers ever since. I have been listening to the Podcast for the past few years and love the passion you guys show every week!! Well done to you all.  I am a country member now, having left Sydney some years ago, and I have decided to have a say.. I have never really accepted the Front Office causes the game day problems theory, until now. Clearly the situation within the club needs to change. There is never an explanation to decisions that leave the membership baffled. This year seems to be the pinnacle of absurdity.. The 5 year plan, lasted 5 months, changes within the recruiting area, strange decisions within that area as far as retention & recruiting. I have listened toother podcasts, most recently Sheens speaking with James Graham, and saying that Benji is and has been running the team for most of the season, with Sheens being a cover and protection for him, but also having the final say in selections, although robust conversations take place..  That seems to have finally started to work for the short patch of good form and a few wins, but then out of the blue, Joffa gets released ( and that was stuffed up) and no explanation has ever been given, to my knowledge.. Since then its been all down hill. The Brooks debacle with the "Board" forcing a quick decision to be made by him. The Fulton inclusion, at the Boards request and no involvement of coaching staff!!  All of this requires answering from management. I know this is just a rehash of your pod conversation, but many people are asking the same questions. 

Yes, start petitions, make them public so that the Board and Management see that we the members are unhappy with the status quo. Steve on the pod made great points about Wests Ashfield, they need to understand that there is a separation between them and Wests Tigers. The Board & Management need to be accountable to the members. The staff & players need cop it every week and get blamed for where the club is, it's not all their fault. 

TigerTownSFS, Joel Helmes, Salty and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@peter-a)
Junior Pathways

Thanks for the Pod if not for this community I would have walked away a long time ago.

Is there a email address which is best to send our complaints to at the 

west tigers and

west Ashfield 

Do we cancel west Ashfield membership as well 

As I will be canceling non ticketed membership too.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

I only have general admission membership rather than seats, but there’s no chance I’ll be renewing.

I’m the same GA only. I may renew for the social aspect but that would be it. 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

I will just renew family of 4 reserved LO tickets only not CSS for next year

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Good pod guys. Hard to discuss the Tigers at the moment without completely losing one's composure, but you all did a good job and rationally explained the issues from a variety of perspectives. 

Found it pretty cathartic to listen to in all honesty, and found myself nodding along to a lot of the complaints. 

I was out with friends on Saturday evening as well, basically just after the game finished, so completely feel and agree with the embarrassment aspect!

ReplyQuote
Salty
(@salty)
Junior Pathways

The Board and Front Office desperate for success start seeking short-term sugar hits, blame shifts and fall guys and in doing so undermine any long-term strategic plan. They’re more concerned with protecting themselves than what’s best for the club.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Topic starter  

Petition created. Please sign and share.

https://www.petitions.net/external_review_of_wests_tigers_operations#form

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Well done guys with a difficult but important Pod. I think putting all of our feelings in words.

If Lee truly loves the club, he would maintain the sponsorship regardless of holding the Chair.

As previously discussed, we need an independent, external review and once that has been done and implemented, we need someone strong ENSURING that we stick to the plan. Dare I asy it Sheens needs to be running football, be it as head coach or general manager of football.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3
Share: