Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Wests Tigers Podcast episode 0261

Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @tiger2win

Brooks at 700 is a good deal. It’s 525 on cap (long term discount) which is a bargain for a established 6/7

At this point in time the Long Serving Player Allowance is $200k across the entire squad, next season Brooks, Nofa, Klem and Api all qualify.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @mike

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Agree with @tigersteve we should have kept Joffa until the end of season. The squad is weaker now. So much for Pascoe’s comments about every decision they make is about winning on the field. Utter BS. 

if we need joffa's contract money for other players in 2024 and parramatta we're willing to take up that contract now in 2023 and for 24 and 25 I have no problem with it.

Joffa not being in the 17 should not be the reason  we lose games this year

If it makes the on field team weaker, then I have a big problem with it. Salary cap is under control so winning now is all that matters. 

Joffa for allegedly 600k for out 6th or 7th best forward for 24 and 25 is a bad deal whatever way you look at it and could potentially cost us cap money to upgrade some younger players. 

likewise if we end up signing Brooks for 700k that is a bad deal we need to get these players for as little as possible so we can build our squad and keep future guns like bula and tupou etc. 

The top sides don't pay joffa 600k to play off the bench

in saying that I am sure he is a nice guy, but as he isnplaying for parramatta I don't wish the team too much luck

So let him go at the end of the season. Not midway through when it weakens the team. That’s what peeves me. 

Parramatta may not have wanted his 2024 and 2025 deal if we left it to end of year, parramatta needed joffa now. 

Bad luck for Parramatta then. Call their bluff. We are terrible at negotiating.

but if parramatta  don't have injuries they probably don't sign him in the first place,

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Agree with @tigersteve we should have kept Joffa until the end of season. The squad is weaker now. So much for Pascoe’s comments about every decision they make is about winning on the field. Utter BS. 

if we need joffa's contract money for other players in 2024 and parramatta we're willing to take up that contract now in 2023 and for 24 and 25 I have no problem with it.

If it makes the on field team weaker, then I have a big problem with it. Salary cap is under control so winning now is all that matters. 

Joffa for allegedly 600k for out 6th or 7th best forward for 24 and 25 is a bad deal whatever way you look at it and could potentially cost us cap money to upgrade some younger players. 

likewise if we end up signing Brooks for 700k that is a bad deal we need to get these players for as little as possible so we can build our squad and keep future guns like bula and tupou etc. 

in saying that I am sure he is a nice guy, but as he isnplaying for parramatta I don't wish the team too much luck

So let him go at the end of the season. Not midway through when it weakens the team. That’s what peeves me. 

Parramatta may not have wanted his 2024 and 2025 deal if we left it to end of year, parramatta needed joffa now. 

but if parramatta  don't have injuries they probably don't sign him in the first place,

Tough

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Tough

then we are stuck with 600k for a bench forward next year, no thanks 

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Tough

then we are stuck with 600k for a bench forward next year, no thanks 

So we lessen our chance of winning games this year instead. No thanks.

ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

The Joffa deal is one we signed 6 months ago

Why is it now so terrible we need to move a former origin player on for seyfarth?

Also why is playing off the bench such a big deal for a forward they aĺl play 40mins off the bench or 40mins starting.

Off the bench - Against souths Joffa played 39 mins and against dragons & panthers he played 38 mins

This post was modified 1 year ago by Frullens

Top 8 2023

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @frullens

Why is it now so terrible we need to move a former origin player on for seyfarth?

Also why is playing off the bench such a big deal for a forward they aĺl play 40mins off the bench or 40mins starting.

Off the bench - Against souths Joffa played 39 mins and against dragons & panthers he played 38 mins

Fulton is now managing the cap and he obviously sees 600k or so for a bench forward as a bad deal to balance out the cap. 

Also when Joffa was re-signed we did not have klemmer or Bateman as soon as we got those 2 players the Joffa deal became a bad deal 

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Fulton is now managing the cap and he obviously sees 600k or so for a bench forward as a bad deal to balance out the cap. 

Also when Joffa was re-signed we did not have klemmer or Bateman as soon as we got those 2 players the Joffa deal became a bad deal 

It may be a bad deal now but getting rid of him making the 17 weaker is an even worse deal. Unless it makes the squad stronger now, it’s a bad move. 

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 79)

It may be a bad deal now but getting rid of him making the 17 weaker is an even worse deal. Unless it makes the squad stronger now, it’s a bad move. 

I seriously think we’re overreacting with the strength of the side now. Yes he was a good member of our team Joffa, but he wasn’t killing it like a lot of you guys have suggested. AS just had to do a job and do it well. His inclusion isn’t going to reflect on the scoreboard.

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @Anonymous

I seriously think we’re overreacting with the strength of the side now. Yes he was a good member of our team Joffa, but he wasn’t killing it like a lot of you guys have suggested. AS just had to do a job and do it well. His inclusion isn’t going to reflect on the scoreboard.

You don’t negotiate yourself into a worse position unless you are a bad negotiator. Unless we get a replacement halve soon, as a result of this deal, and very soon, it’s just a bad deal. 

ReplyQuote
Skippa13
(@skippa13)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @lestronge

For me Metcalf has to be on the teams radar . 
He looks like he could be anything . Much like Nico Hynes circa 2020 . 

I’d prefer hynes circa 2020 then hynes 2023 game 1 origin

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: