Wests Tigers Podcas...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Wests Tigers Podcast episode 0261

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

The latest mid-week edition of the Wests Tigers Podcast is locked and loaded. Join Eddie, Steve, and Garry for a look at the Raiders game, the Wests Tigers draft, and the boys hand out their mid-season grades. https://weststigerspodcast.com.au/wests-tigers-podcast-0261/

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Cqtiger
(@cqtiger)
Junior Pathways

Good pod guys.

Agree with Garry about team gelling and his reference to the Dolphins. Madge had put in place strict plans and even Chris Lawrence said the same thing on one of the earlier Behind the Roar pods that the team needed time to adjust to the new systems.

I’ve been happy with the pod “gradings” in respect to team improvements both in attack and defense but like most fans I am still wary. I will say this, if we win against the Raiders I believe we go close to finals this year but if we lose and lose badly we go close to the spoon again.

This game is very important.

Tiger5150 and Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Agree with @tigersteve we should have kept Joffa until the end of season. The squad is weaker now. So much for Pascoe’s comments about every decision they make is about winning on the field. Utter BS. 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @mike

Agree with @tigersteve we should have kept Joffa until the end of season. The squad is weaker now. So much for Pascoe’s comments about every decision they make is about winning on the field. Utter BS. 

if we need joffa's contract money for other players in 2024 and parramatta we're willing to take up that contract now in 2023 and for 24 and 25 I have no problem with it.

Joffa not being in the 17 should not be the reason  we lose games this year

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Good pod guys. Great to hear some guarded optimism.

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

if we need joffa's contract money for other players in 2024 and parramatta we're willing to take up that contract now in 2023 and for 24 and 25 I have no problem with it.

If it makes the on field team weaker, then I have a big problem with it. Salary cap is under control so winning now is all that matters. 

Frullens reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

It really will come down to 2 things the Joffa release . 
who they pick for 30th man , if it’s another half or whatever , and what they do with the money . 
Until then it really is hard ro comment on whether it was a bad idea or not . Especially if his spot is taken up by someone like Matamua , who was going to have Joffa in his way for the next couple of years . 
For me Metcalf has to be on the teams radar . 
He looks like he could be anything . Much like Nico Hynes circa 2020 . 

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

Posted by: @lestronge

It really will come down to 2 things the Joffa release . 
who they pick for 30th man , if it’s another half or whatever , and what they do with the money . 
Until then it really is hard ro comment on whether it was a bad idea or not . Especially if his spot is taken up by someone like Matamua , who was going to have Joffa in his way for the next couple of years . 
For me Metcalf has to be on the teams radar . 
He looks like he could be anything . Much like Nico Hynes circa 2020 . 

We don't have to do anything with the 30th spot and I predict we won't.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Good pod guys

I dont like the move on Joffa

He's a leader and a glue guy - which we desperately need.

But on the field - I think he should of been our starting 13 

He started at 13 against cowboys, and scored 2 legit tries and had a strong linking role in at least one other. 

$600k for started 13 is reasonable with Pole on less coin from the bench.

If we moved him on to sign a half immediately- I'd forgive - but not any other reason 

Top 8 2023

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

Posted by: @frullens

Good pod guys

I dont like the move on Joffa

He's a leader and a glue guy - which we desperately need.

But on the field - I think he should of been our starting 13 

He started at 13 against cowboys, and scored 2 legit tries and had a strong linking role in at least one other. 

$600k for started 13 is reasonable with Pole on less coin from the bench.

If we moved him on to sign a half immediately- I'd forgive - but not any other reason 

I agree with this 100%

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

If it makes the on field team weaker, then I have a big problem with it. Salary cap is under control so winning now is all that matters. 

Joffa for allegedly 600k for out 6th or 7th best forward for 24 and 25 is a bad deal whatever way you look at it and could potentially cost us cap money to upgrade some younger players. 

likewise if we end up signing Brooks for 700k that is a bad deal we need to get these players for as little as possible so we can build our squad and keep future guns like bula and tupou etc. 

The top sides don't pay joffa 600k to play off the bench

in saying that I am sure he is a nice guy, but as he isnplaying for parramatta I don't wish the team too much luck

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Joffa for allegedly 600k for out 6th or 7th best forward for 24 and 25 is a bad deal whatever way you look at it and could potentially cost us cap money to upgrade some younger players. 

likewise if we end up signing Brooks for 700k that is a bad deal we need to get these players for as little as possible so we can build our squad and keep future guns like bula and tupou etc. 

in saying that I am sure he is a nice guy, but as he isnplaying for parramatta I don't wish the team too much luck

So let him go at the end of the season. Not midway through when it weakens the team. That’s what peeves me. 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

So let him go at the end of the season. Not midway through when it weakens the team. That’s what peeves me. 

Parramatta may not have wanted his 2024 and 2025 deal if we left it to end of year, parramatta needed joffa now. 

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Parramatta may not have wanted his 2024 and 2025 deal if we left it to end of year, parramatta needed joffa now. 

Bad luck for Parramatta then. Call their bluff. We are terrible at negotiating.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger2win)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Brooks at 700 is a good deal. It’s 525 on cap (long term discount) which is a bargain for a established 6/7

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: