Wests Tigers Podcas...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Wests Tigers Podcast episode 0248

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

We've gone back to the future with this edition of the Wests Tigers Podcast with just Eddie and I handling the duties. We talk Tommy Talau rumours, Lewis Dodd being told to miss our club, and there's a big round of Buy, Swap, or Hold.  https://weststigerspodcast.com.au/wests-tigers-podcast-0248/

This topic was modified 1 year ago by Joel Helmes

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Garry
(@garry)

I do really like the tone and flow between you both when it is just the 2 of you.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
nztigerinoz
(@nztiger)
Junior Pathways

Digging the new Podcast logo too boys! 👍 

co-Founder of Extreme Tipping
Only $25aud season entry!
​extremetipping.com.au
Join Code is: extreme2024 (Case sensitive!)

Joel Helmes and Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Good pod guys … just on Eddie’s comment on whether Benji should play or not. It would be an upgrade on Brandon and we might actually win some games. I’d love to get that feeling back tbh. What else it would do is keep all the other players on their toes as well with the coach out on the field. 
Does anyone know who the last player/captain coach was in rugby league? If he was to come back it would bring back memories of Garry Jack and Ellery Hanley back in the day with Balmain.

I say ‘Register yourself Benji’ It might get 15K crowd aswell 🤷‍♂️

Keep steering the right path

ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I'm yet to listen to the latest episode (I will soon), so I'm hoping the return of Marshall to playing duties is just some fantasy that's discussed. I know we're desperate but it would be a no-win situation for Marshall. And, for the team, I fear. At the moment I don't know how much blame to sheet home to assistant coach Marshall for the inglorious 0-6 start, so best for him to stay in the background, I think. As a player he was only ever Mr 55% asset- 45% liability and I doubt if he's improved any during retirement. Stay where you are Marshall, and let the heat be cranked up on Sheens, as it should be.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @loganr21

Good pod guys … just on Eddie’s comment on whether Benji should play or not. It would be an upgrade on Brandon and we might actually win some games. I’d love to get that feeling back tbh. What else it would do is keep all the other players on their toes as well with the coach out on the field. 
Does anyone know who the last player/captain coach was in rugby league? If he was to come back it would bring back memories of Garry Jack and Ellery Hanley back in the day with Balmain.

Last Caption/Coach was Wally Lewis with the Gold Coast in 1991/92 I believe.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

LoganR21 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Benji can’t come back.

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Benji can’t come back.

Benji can come play Oztag with me on Thursday nights if he wants to get on the field again.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

Posted by: @helmesy

that’s right I knew there was one I’ve witnessed. 
How did you feel Joel when Garry and Ellery come back? I know I was excited, as much as Benji has never been my favourite, it might just spark me atad more than recently.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Any suggestion for Benji to come back is ludicrous. 
- he’s 38
- he hasn’t played for 18 months +

- he was playing off the bench when he last played 
- he hasn’t been training to play 

- no preseason 

- he’s transitioning to be our coach 

We’d be better off giving a young kid a go. He doesn’t offer more than anyone we have right now. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

- he’s 38
- he has played for 18 months +

- no preseason 

We’d be better off giving a young kid a go. He doesn’t offer more than anyone we have right now. 

I wouldn’t call it ludicrous, thinking outside the square for mine. Let’s face it seasons over, let’s save some face and try and win some games. I’m sure Benji could cope and might just inspire some more on the team.

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

- he’s 38

- no preseason 

I wouldn’t call it ludicrous, thinking outside the square for mine. Let’s face it seasons over, let’s save some face and try and win some games. I’m sure Benji could cope and might just inspire some more on the team.

But how does it improve the club in the future? How does it get him ready for coaching? 

I don’t see it as thinking outside the box, it’s going backwards and the predictable Wests Tigers thing to do 

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

Posted by: @helmesy

that’s right I knew there was one I’ve witnessed. 
How did you feel Joel when Garry and Ellery come back? I know I was excited, as much as Benji has never been my favourite, it might just spark me atad more than recently.

I probably was excited but I wouldn't really call it successful either.

ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

- he’s 38

- no preseason 

But how does it improve the club in the future? How does it get him ready for coaching? 

I don’t see it as thinking outside the box, it’s going backwards and the predictable Wests Tigers thing to do 

well if you ask me it’s also going backwards selecting Wakeham. Look at the end of the day it’s not going to happen. But they have brought this on themselves and I am very intrigued on how they are going to resolve the halves issues. 

ReplyQuote
Skippa13
(@skippa13)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @mercy-rule

As a player he was only ever Mr 55% asset- 45% liability and I doubt if he's improved any during retirement.

As much as I loved the man, this comment is exactly right. He could make the most insane decisions some times and lose us games in unloseable positions. But he could also win us the unwinnable, and that’s what sticks in most peoples head. 

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: