Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Wests Tigers Podcast episode 0247

(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @mercy-rule

Posted by: @skippa13

Good comment by Declan that we all were impressed by AD and brooks on the weekend, but in reality it was probably because they played less crap then previous weeks and were nowhere near the level Moses was playing at. The fact we had nearly double the amount of tackles in the oppositions 20 and couldn’t convert shows clearly we lack creativity and execution in the halves. Switch either of our guys with Moses or brown and we win that game by a couple of tries.

re centre, I’d put toa or talau in there and keep tupou on the wing. Toa actually played okay other than his woeful attempts at tackling sivo, but to be fair he makes most players out to be chumps. I think he is a better centre than winger anyway. That does mean replacing the wing with noffa though.

Also agree that there’s no point scouring nsw/qld cup for a diamond in the rough when we already have a nsw cup half in wakeham. He’s hit and miss but why get another one. Rather save our bikkies for a proper half, or get Pearce in for a short stint.

Ps Laurie is not the answer at half. He has made a couple of 5th tackle kicks this year which were horrendous, but more importantly how can you drop a guy and watch him stink up nsw cup, then see him like other team tries on the socials, then recall him to first grade for one of your most important positions?!? I’d welcome him back if he showed me something of worth, but honestly think in his current state he would negatively impact the team if brought back.

I didn't hear the press conference but, apparently, Sheens alluded to Daine returning to NRL duties for the next game? We'll find out next Tuesday arvo I suppose.

he didnt exactly say that, but when talking about options for next week, he said Daine had a good game in reggies.

MickeyB reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

Tupou has easily overtaken him in the pecking order. His form has dropped off big time since he signed the extension. 

100%. Its a weird one because to fix it, if he just ran straight it would go 50% of the way towards fixing his game, but he just wont do it. I can not imagine that neither Madge or Sheens has told him to run straight.

MickeyB reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @tiger5150

Tupou has easily overtaken him in the pecking order. His form has dropped off big time since he signed the extension. 

100%. Its a weird one because to fix it, if he just ran straight it would go 50% of the way towards fixing his game, but he just wont do it. I can not imagine that neither Madge or Sheens has told him to run straight.

yep. The weird sideways backwards running helps no one 

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @tiger5150

yep. The weird sideways backwards running helps no one 

Surely a coach has told him this..

ReplyQuote
(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I agree with Declan's comments re Daine Laurie in that whatever his talents, they’ve yet to be adequately explored at 6 or 7.If my memory serves me wasn’t it Phil Gould who was avidly declaring him as a five-eighth.I’m not sure as to his history at Panthers but I wouldn’t be throwing the baby out with the bath water until at least affording him some real game time in close.Not sure of his overall kicking game but he has good hands,good instincts and reportedly trained at 6 pre season.

Joel Helmes and MickeyB reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@tiger-symmetry yep, he's surely worth a try at 5/8. I honestly think he might surprise. And yes, Gus did endorse him in that role on his podcast last week.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I’m not sure if Daino’s confidence has taken a battering,but there is a certain ambivalence about him under the high ball this year.That certainly wasn’t the case when he first came here.He showed buckets of courage under the bomb and also putting his body in front of heavy traffic.Unfortunately that traffic only got heavier with no let-up as our season nose-dived,and then the busted leg.      
   But amongst all that he was still one of our better performers.If I were Sheens,I’d be prepared to at least let him and Brooks mix it up a little in the halves.After all it’s not as if we have the luxury of options at this point,and that’s without beginning to mention the inexplicable fiasco that has been the lack of contingency and the departed half back who is proving to be the helmsman that we’re sorely lacking.
 Oh well,onwards and upwards.

ReplyQuote
Crowsnest
(@crowsnest)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

It's sad really. When you talk about one club legends, he had a chance to cement himself as one.

I said the other night that Noffa will have a good game and others said no way...he rose to the occasion just like he did the other time coming back from being dropped.

Noffa is still a premier winger, but as you hinted he's disappointment supreme.

He brings the ball back well and vary rarely is he pushed backwards.

He's elusive and on his day is right up there with the best, and no I'm not drunk, not yet anyway.

He is actually very valuable moving forward so we can nurture our new talent.

We need to stop draining our top players. We've kept doing this since 05.

I'm confident Noffa won't get another contract but let's hope he can help this new backline. He needs to stop looking for the cameras and be a team player, besides he is the only one who knows and leads the boys in the winning song, "Who are who are who are we" bla bla bla

ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @crowsnest

It's sad really. When you talk about one club legends, he had a chance to cement himself as one.

I said the other night that Noffa will have a good game and others said no way...he rose to the occasion just like he did the other time coming back from being dropped.

Noffa is still a premier winger, but as you hinted he's disappointment supreme.

He brings the ball back well and vary rarely is he pushed backwards.

He's elusive and on his day is right up there with the best, and no I'm not drunk, not yet anyway.

He is actually very valuable moving forward so we can nurture our new talent.

We need to stop draining our top players. We've kept doing this since 05.

I'm confident Noffa won't get another contract but let's hope he can help this new backline. He needs to stop looking for the cameras and be a team player, besides he is the only one who knows and leads the boys in the winning song, "Who are who are who are we" bla bla bla

Man, I'm responding to the first part of your first sentence. You said "X", others said "no thanks". Isn't that what a forum such as this is about? Differing opinions. Why the pot shot at them? I don't get it. 

ReplyQuote
Crowsnest
(@crowsnest)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@mercy-rule Are you for real. Have mercy.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: