Wests Tigers Podcas...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Wests Tigers Podcast episode 0245

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Open, honest and raw. This edition of the Wests Tigers Podcast.  https://weststigerspodcast.com.au/wests-tigers-podcast-0245/

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

(@peter-a)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Thank you for Some home truths about this team and club. I too do believe we need our own royal commission into the operation of this club because it is obvious that the people running it do not know how to get us out of this disaster!
I am in the same boat that I try to watch the Tigers games all the way through but have very little interest in watching other games now. 
We need new halves and a genuine fullback this must fall back on our selection and recruitment team. The failure of this department has let us down enormously over the past 10 years. 

We have finally stopped talking up the centre of excellence now let’s stop talking about 2005 and our projection. Our current situation is their making do not look back to move forward.

If I hear that we have a 5 year plan over and over again as the excuse to our situation and our way out will lose me as a lifetime supporter. Accept where we are and fix it now!

Thanks

Best Podcast by far keep pushing for answers and change!

ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Yeah good pod guys, highly emotional as it should be. I agree and disagree with some aspects, but on a whole agree something needs to be done and fast. 
In my opinion with Pascoe there is more negatives to positives as to him being punted. I also disagree with Steve, our CEO should have some thick skin when it comes to name calling. I think he and his family have heard worse. The way he’s carried himself by his antics and dress code, he got what he’s deserved. Don’t get me wrong the journos of today have a lot to answer for also.

Lastly, I don’t believe Sheens deserves all the bad press. Marshall’s DNA is all over this team and the way we’ve performed to be fair. But I honestly believe we’ve had too many voices in players heads, all heading in different directions, it would seem. Let’s all get on the same page for once. 

Watch out for the bergs

GreatOdensRaven, Joel Helmes, Garry and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Only listened to the start of this one so far as work calls kept flooding in. 

on Garry’s point about us only being in front for 10 minutes or should also be noted that once we’ve fallen behind we haven’t drawn level again 

Joel Helmes and Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Just finished listening and definitely the best pod so far. I congratulate @tigersteve for coming up with a possible way forward. The key word though is independent. Any review would need to be conducted by an organisation completely independent otherwise it would just be a whitewash, telling them only what they want to hear. Is the club brave enough to undertake such an independent review? I have my doubts. 

Mac_Tiger, GreatOdensRaven, Frullens and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Another good podcast. I think the tone of the pod reflects the fans emotions and the clubs situation. Agree with lots, disagree with lots but good discussion.

A lot of discussion in the pod and in the forum concentrating on Pascoe, and I understand that. It can not be avoided that he has presided over the worst period of lack of on field success of the club. Previous CEO's have been pushed out because of lack of success financially in particular. Pascoe has performed well financially but the lack of attention to detail and the current lack of an interface between CEO/board and football department seems to be about to see him gone IMO. Like every player and the coach for that matter, sacking will only be the right move if we replace him with someone better.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Good point made about Steve regarding the next generation of Tigers fans. My three kids (18-26yo) have given up. My 18yo daughter came with me to Leichhardt but not again.

ReplyQuote
(@kenny4517)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

A very good podcast guys. I 100% agree with Steve about an independent review.I have my doubts West Ashfield will do anything. In regards to Justin I believe the CEO sets the standards for the whole club, JP is just casual for my liking. One last thing Sheens and Benji coaching appointment is a big mistake. Last time Tim coached the tigers most of us had to pitch forks out ready to running out of town, Benji is too green should have gone and coached somewhere else for four/five years then maybe come back and coach the tigers.

Joel Helmes and Frullens reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

I also agree with Steves idea about an independent review with a caveat that it shouldnt start before we are actually well and truly out of the running for the semis. By its nature a review will cause a lot of upheaval with people defending their positions and feeling threatened. Would derail the season (I know its already gone).

ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Well done on the podcast.

I know you all are balanced, measured and fair - and you are very good at promoting all the good things the club does.

I too, try and keep constructive, positive and measured where I can. 

But the situation we are in is dire, our fans have turned, we have lost a generation and it's hard to find how we as a club are going to get out of this, other than serious governance/administration change.

I loved Steve's very constructive proposal for a full independent review of the club.

If the club are as aware as the fan base of our position, they must undertake a review.

If they decide to bunker down and ignore the fans frustration, it's wilful negligence and I agree that the NRL would eventually step in. 

I do think we are a decent 1 and 7 away from being competitive. But we aren't going to be a top contender until we fix the front office and get professional 

This post was modified 1 year ago by Frullens

Top 8 2023

Skippa13, LoganR21, Joel Helmes and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)

Eddie predicted AD would be moved from fullback.

But I bet he didn't predict AD would then be moved back to 5/8 and Wakeham dropped (as per reports)

Brooks and AD halves combo again - I'm still open to it as they are our best current options - as long as they are coached well to:

- run straight and in shape

- back up api from dummy half

- score tries 

Top 8 2023

LoganR21 reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @frullens

But I bet he didn't predict AD would then be moved back to 5/8 and Wakeham dropped (as per reports)

Brooks and AD halves combo again - I'm still open to it as they are our best current options - as long as they are coached well to:

- score tries 

I don't know how we can have AD in the halves, I would prefer Wakeham.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

- score tries 

but I thought AD was the best fullback in the club? Or was that last week?

ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)

ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

- score tries 

Im not against it either however it seems when paired with Brooks, both stink up their games. I know it was only a trial but Doueihi and Wakeham performed well against the raiders. This should have been the pairing from round 3 and Luke should have been 14. It would have worked with Simpkin being out too. I suppose we’ll never know how they would have went, sounds abit like Doueihi/Hastings combo.

Watch out for the bergs

Frullens reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3
Share: