Wests Tigers Podcas...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Wests Tigers Podcast episode 0230

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

The boys dissect last night's heavy trial loss to the Warriors. https://weststigerspodcast.com.au/wests-tigers-podcast-0230/

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

LoganR21
(@loganr21)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Not a bad pod guys… one thing you guys didn’t discuss was our two number 9’s. They were both well below par last night and really moving forward should Api play the entire game this season?

Also very ingenious name for your show Garry 😅😂😆

Watch out for the bergs

Joel Helmes and Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @loganr21

Not a bad pod guys… one thing you guys didn’t discuss was our two number 9’s. They were both well below par last night and really moving forward should Api play the entire game this season?

Also very ingenious name for your show Garry 😅😂😆

I saw it a bit differently, thought Simpkins looked sharp early on but tired a bit late first half. Rua has plenty of work to do on his game. 

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

I think we have to temper our expectations somewhat when it comes to a fast free flowing passing game being the way forward. To me a team will only be at its best playing that style when there’s plenty of stability around the spine in particular. The people who will be touching the ball the most need to be in sync with everyone around them otherwise it’ll look clunky. They will need time to find rhythm. Last night was a perfect example and was to be expected. Hopefully next week we’ll see a bit better but really hoping we can at very least match opposition packs because that’ll help us win games early on. Need to be able to defend our way to victory early on in the season. The attack will come eventually if there’s stability in the team.

This post was modified 1 year ago by Russtutty63

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Agree with Garry’s thoughts on Justin Matamua. I think starting with Joffa makes the pack a more solid one to go up against the Titans and Knights, the forwards will go a long way to winning those early games. Bringing Justin along a little less quickly is a good thing.

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

In regards to Mitchell Moses is it possible there’s a little double jeopardy (wrong term but that’ll do) at play here? If the Eels won’t go higher than the $1.1 mill (approx) a season for Moses would they make a counter offer to Luke Brooks for something close to $1 million? Could this be the reason Moses is still to decide? Eels saying “Okay you want Moses,  then we’ll take Brooks because we might need a half”. 

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @russtutty63

In regards to Mitchell Moses is it possible there’s a little double jeopardy (wrong term but that’ll do) at play here? If the Eels won’t go higher than the $1.1 mill (approx) a season for Moses would they make a counter offer to Luke Brooks for something close to $1 million? Could this be the reason Moses is still to decide? Eels saying “Okay you want Moses,  then we’ll take Brooks because we might need a half”. 

Parra just signed Dylan Brown on over $1M pa until 2030 and Moses has a PO for 2024. Massive risk for Parra & Brooks. Unlikely IMO.

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @tiger5150

Posted by: @russtutty63

Parra just signed Dylan Brown on over $1M pa until 2030 and Moses has a PO for 2024. Massive risk for Parra & Brooks. Unlikely IMO.

But is this all about Moses & Brooks wanting to play together? I don’t think so. I think it’s about their manager knowing they can both receive a big pay day given the market demand for halves. I think they’ll both take the biggest offer. So if Moses does do that & accepts the Tigers offer what do the Eels do? It’s actually in their interest to make their interest known to Brooks and his manager. “Look Isaac if your client Moses accepts the Tigers offer for 2024 we’d like to make an offer your client Brooks for 2024-25.”  You’re right it’d be a risk but signing a young Moses for $600,000 5 years ago was a risk too.

Just my conspiracy theory. 

ReplyQuote
Share: