Wests Tigers Podcas...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Wests Tigers Podcast episode 0192

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Doueihi, Brooks, and coaching sagas, and the quiz on this big edition!  https://weststigerspodcast.com.au/wests-tigers-podcast-0192/

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Celtic_Tiger
(@celtic_tiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Maybe a bit harsh from the guys on AD.

As with everything context is king and I will paint a possible scenario.

AD as we know wants to play five eighth but he knows, as Garry pointed out, that he has improvements to make in his game in order for him to be a top class 6. He gets named at centre for first grade and then goes to the coach and suggest that given the season is over for us he would rather play five eighth in the NSW cup to work on the aspects of his game which need improving rather than centre in first grade.

In my opinion the above scenario is far more likely than AD demanding to play at 6 and refusing to play first grade if his wishes are not granted and paints an entirely different picture than the one floating around the socials.

Remember this is James Hooper and Newscorp we are talking about, it's their job to embellish the truth, exaggerate and dramatize in order to sell papers.

LoganR21, Russtutty63, Frullens and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Only halfway through the pod-

But little surprised how strong Garry and Steve are on AD and Brooks - I can't agree with the argument both should be fined or worse.

I'm not taking AD story at face value - I want to hear more than a fox story from James hooper before I jump in.

But even if we take it as face value, I don't think the club/admin are in any position to hold players to account or to standards and fine them when:

- they allow constant leaking from board/admin that destabilise the club without anyone ever being held to account

- the chairman is in the papers for bursting supporters the week that Cilardo is making a decision

- let's assume AD had to conversation with Noddy about playing 6 - how did the details of a private conversation get out?

- lastly, the club sack first grade coach with no strong leadership to manage transition, creating a power vacuum, which means these issues which every club have, aren't managed.

The players behaviour is only the symptom, the clubs management is the cause. 

My blame isn't with the players in this situation, it's with the board/admin. Can't be fining players, when you aren't holding yourself to the same standards 

This post was modified 2 years ago 2 times by Frullens

Top 8 2023

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

Posted by: @frullens

But little surprised how strong Garry and Steve are on AD and Brooks - I can't agree with the argument both should be fined or worse.

I'm not taking AD story at face value - I want to hear more than a fox story from James hooper before I jump in.

But even if we take it as face value, I don't think the club/admin are in any position to hold players to account or to standards and fine them when:

- they allow constant leaking from board/admin that destabilise the club without anyone ever being held to account

- the chairman is in the papers for bursting supporters the week that Cilardo is making a decision

- let's assume AD had to conversation with Noddy about playing 6 - how did the details of a private conversation get out?

- lastly, the club sack first grade coach with no strong leadership to manage transition, creating a power vacuum, which means these issues which every club have, aren't managed.

My blame isn't with the players in this situation, it's with the board/admin. Can't be fining players, when you aren't holding yourself to the same standards 

Fair comment mate

LoganR21 reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

In my opinion IF AD said pick me at 6 or pick me in reserve grade then there is no excuse for it.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)

Posted by: @garry

In my opinion IF AD said pick me at 6 or pick me in reserve grade then there is no excuse for it.

We don't know what was said - and I hope it stays that way - a well run club keeps private conversations private.

Top 8 2023

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Agree it us a Hooper article and shoukd be taken with a grain of salt however when the same articles were on about Brooks being dropped during a bye week no less and or Brooks salary plenty of fans are happy to take Hooper on face value then.

Adam is apparently devastated that fans have had a go at him so he didn't exactly deny it

As for Brooks his comments don't help either he shouldn't be commenting on leaks. That is also a poor look for a player to make especially a player not in form

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@davey-farrell)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Great podcast boys!!!  really enjoyed it, good to see a bit of different thoughts etc, you boys are always so respectful in your podcast compared to the other podcast about the Tigers !!  My thoughts on Brooks are he has been extremely well paid over the last 10 years, yes we have changed coaches on him a few times but the club has stood by him, i thought it was really poor of him with his comments.  With him saying next contract ill look after myself for once, well good luck Luke, you my friend have buckleys getting the money your on at the Tigers atm.  Shut your mouth and play football and show us why you are getting paid a million bucks a year!!

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Agree it us a Hooper article and shoukd be taken with a grain of salt however when the same articles were on about Brooks being dropped during a bye week no less and or Brooks salary plenty of fans are happy to take Hooper on face value then.

Adam is apparently devastated that fans have had a go at him so he didn't exactly deny it

As for Brooks his comments don't help either he shouldn't be commenting on leaks. That is also a poor look for a player to make especially a player not in form

So even though you concede the article has to be taken with a grain of salt, and the other article by Crawley was also clickbait (AD never made a comment at all) you want him to publicly deny it?

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @davey-farrell

Great podcast boys!!!  really enjoyed it, good to see a bit of different thoughts etc, you boys are always so respectful in your podcast compared to the other podcast about the Tigers !!  My thoughts on Brooks are he has been extremely well paid over the last 10 years, yes we have changed coaches on him a few times but the club has stood by him, i thought it was really poor of him with his comments.  With him saying next contract ill look after myself for once, well good luck Luke, you my friend have buckleys getting the money your on at the Tigers atm.  Shut your mouth and play football and show us why you are getting paid a million bucks a year!!

Yes I think the guys did a good job of respectfully disagreeing with each other. 👍 

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Garry and Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)

I want to say a big thank you to Joel, Eddie, Garry, Steve and Declan for taking the time to record 2, sometimes 3 episodes a week. All for the love of the club.

Always, respectful, informed and constructive. 

It's very much appreciated, particularly during these tough times.

👏👏👏👏

Top 8 2023

Tiger5150, Joel Helmes, TigerSteve and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

I’m hoping by the end of July that we have a coach lined up for the coming season. Then and only then will we get clarification of wth is going on. What players are going, staying and coming aboard. CLARITY is my one word for the coming weeks. Hope and Clarity!!

Keep steering the right path

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@avocadoontoast he could have denied it if it was not true for sure. It was a private conversation between Douhie and Kimmorley, no need to make that up if it didn't happen Kimmorley would probably be first to say it didn't happen and likewise Sheens didn't deny it happened he said to go away and sleep on it.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)

Just listened to the quiz 

Didn't Joel ask the suspension question last week? I remember Joel saying that Cory Pearson was one of his favourite players?

Top 8 2023

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

Just listened to the quiz 

Didn't Joel ask the suspension question last week? I remember Joel saying that Cory Pearson was one of his favourite players?

I thought I remembered that he did.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: